Hess is BEST

bdfcnc_2005

Cougars had a 51-39 lead in the 3rd quarter, but Crockett battled back to eventually take the lead, and Central had to get a late basket to force OT. Justin Hess scored something around 30 points or more, including the game-winning runner as time expired.

Central could have run away with this one if they had been better in transition and chosen some better shots in the second half, immediate long treys when you're up 4-5 late are ridiculous. Overall, it was a good game, but since it was really only close because Central collapsed, it wasn't a great one, except for Hess.

Cougars take on Twin Springs on the road tomorrow night, before a showdown at home with Tennessee High on Friday.

QUOTE(BobSegar @ Jan 30 2007 - 11:54 PM) 826352572[/snapback]

Hess sure wasn't the best against Dobyns-Bennett the other night. You must take the competition into account when saying someone is the "best".

Very true, I copied the title from the chant the Central kids did after the game, it wasn't my overall opinion, though tonight he made nearly every shot he took.

Great game by Hess. One of the most dominating games by an individual this season in the Big 9. The fourth quarter and OT were incrediable to watch.

Another heartbreaker for the Pioneers. I have never seen a team have this many tough losses in a season. If they keep giving themselves a chance they will beat someone they shouldn't. I would be very nervous playing them in the district tournament.

QUOTE(BobSegar @ Jan 30 2007 - 11:54 PM) 826352572[/snapback]

Hess sure wasn't the best against Dobyns-Bennett the other night. You must take the competition into account when saying someone is the "best".

Hess has played against plenty of competition and come out on top for the past 3 years. I would give him the ball anytime over anybody when the game is on the line. The chant the kids are saying is HESSEXPRESS!!!! That's his nickname.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Announcements

• Recent Posts

• No reasonable lawyer would take up this case. I am not a lawyer, but I know school law in and out.  Similar situations just like this play out thousands of times each year across the country, even at the college level (i.e. Ole Miss)  The Plaintiff's never win...ever.  If I am wrong, please provide a legal precedent for me. I will be waiting.  https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/39431892/judge-drops-ole-miss-player-lawsuit-lane-kiffin  
    • Yes Justin Cruse was named head coach
    • It used to be, I think it still is, a change of 20% +/- gives reason to reclassify. Schools can choose to play up classifications but not down. Here is the mid cycle reclassification info on TSSAA.org When Memphis East changed from a regular public school to an "all-optional" school in 2017 the would've dropped to A but chose to stay in AAA in basketball (baseball, and softball) Penny was still coaching there and with the players they had they would've beaten A teams by 40 and slept walked to the championship. Other Memphis schools stayed in their classifications (mostly in basketball) until the next reclassification cycle. Of course this is the same time that a 4th class was added basketball.
    • TN USA Freestyle & Greco-Roman State Championships Registration Deadline Tonight 5/2 at 8 p.m. CST! Links to register for this weekend's state championships at Summit H.S. below: Freestyle State Championship Tournament https://unapproved website/tw/opentournaments/VerifyPassword.jsp?tournamentId=853379132 Greco-Roman State Championship Tournament https://unapproved website/tw/opentournaments/VerifyPassword.jsp?tournamentId=853380132
    • Who has more access to kids? Charters? Privates?