Grace Christian?/ honestly are they for real?

HARDCORE4life

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(HARDCORE4life @ Jan 31 2007 - 12:55 AM) 826352672[/snapback]

has to be a joke somebody must feel sorry for them

Why can't you just lay off ? You know, this is all new to us. Did anyone think that we would be at 22-0 at one point. No, not even us. This is only our third year of basketball. We started off with 8th and 9th graders two years ago playing in the varsity level. We have less than 150 students in our high school. Please, give a little credit where credit is due. We are a very small christian school and we are trying to enjoy the moment but it seems like everyone is trying to run us down. GCA does not put out the AP rankings neither do we set the district teams. We go out and play 32 minutes of roundball and we have lost many, many games in the past but we are winning now. Congrats to Rockwood, they are a very good team and they won a hard fought game last night. The refs did a good job....we are not laying blame on anyone but ourselves. You ask are we for real, yes I believe we are. Do I think we are the best team in the state right now, no probably not, but we are trying to get there. We have an outstanding head coach and assistant coaches and a great group of kids and no matter how far they go we are very proud of them.

GCA........Building Champions For Christ

i really doult that Jesus is interested in basketball. Paul said that bodily exercise profit little. What he saying is that playing sports or exercising profits none in the kingdom of God. Jesus is not a fan of sports of any kind. Why do i say so? Jesus was in rome, city of the roman games, going about his father's business. And that's all he told the people of that time. So I hope you build on a solid foundation with your statement by saying that your building Champions for Christ in a spirtual sense rather than a carnal sense. Please don't get them confused.

Read all you can of Mark Luke John and Matthew. And Read Acts. In Matthew Mark Luke And John it leads up to the New Testiment Church and Acts is when the first church started in the new testiment.

QUOTE(lakecountyfan007 @ Jan 31 2007 - 09:48 AM) 826352868[/snapback]

i really doult that Jesus is interested in basketball. Paul said that bodily exercise profit little. What he saying is that playing sports or exercising profits none in the kingdom of God. Jesus is not a fan of sports of any kind. Why do i say so? Jesus was in rome, city of the roman games, going about his father's business. And that's all he told the people of that time. So I hope you build on a solid foundation with your statement by saying that your building Champions for Christ in a spirtual sense rather than a carnal sense. Please don't get them confused.

Read all you can of Mark Luke John and Matthew. And Read Acts. In Matthew Mark Luke And John it leads up to the New Testiment Church and Acts is when the first church started in the new testiment.

OK Lake Co. Fan, I didn't say GCA basketball or GCA football. I simply quoted GCA.....building champions for Christ. This is one of our quotes on our SCHOOL website. Check it out if you don't believe me. Please understand the quote before you go bashing us too! At least we allow Jesus in our school.

GCA.....Building Champions For Christ

QUOTE(sbl0702 @ Jan 31 2007 - 09:55 AM) 826352874[/snapback]

Grace has been overrated for the past several years! Everyone knows the west is the best for several years to come!!

This is only our third year of basketball and we have never been rated before this season. You are confusing us with the Grace from Chattanooga. Congrats to the West but the East plays some pretty good b-ball as well.

Well they're not really that good, because well i play for Rockwood and we beat them but we have a very good basketball program, the referees just help them out alot, because when we played them @ grace we would have beat them if the referees would have call a half way good game. So yea grace's record is a joke and Slusher is over rated because the only reason he has over 1000 points as a soph. is because he started as a 8th grader because if he hadn't started then he wouldn't even be close.

I don't know much about this school nor program but my hat is off for allowing Adrain Wannamaker a chance to show his skills. At his old school he didn't have a chance to do the things he's doing at Grace because did want to cut his hair which he's had since birth. But tell him his old coach from K.A.Y.A. said What's up and I'm ready to give him a butt whooping in College 07... LOL..

But congrads and keep up the good work at Grace!!

QUOTE(Tigers62 @ Jan 31 2007 - 11:54 AM) 826353043[/snapback]

Well they're not really that good, because well i play for Rockwood and we beat them but we have a very good basketball program, the referees just help them out alot, because when we played them @ grace we would have beat them if the referees would have call a half way good game. So yea grace's record is a joke and Slusher is over rated because the only reason he has over 1000 points as a soph. is because he started as a 8th grader because if he hadn't started then he wouldn't even be close.

If you play for Rockwood then I have to assume you play alot of the same teams Grace does. Given that Rockwood would have to be a considered a joke also. And I have not seen any fan or player from Grace on here making excuses as to why they lost last night (just an observation). As far as Slusher goes no matter what his lifetime stats say, he is putting up big numbers every game so I don't think you should be downing him like you are.

The fact is Grace has a good team as does Rockwood and this whole conversation should be left at that.

QUOTE(don222 @ Jan 31 2007 - 12:46 PM) 826353225[/snapback]

If you play for Rockwood then I have to assume you play alot of the same teams Grace does. Given that Rockwood would have to be a considered a joke also. And I have not seen any fan or player from Grace on here making excuses as to why they lost last night (just an observation). As far as Slusher goes no matter what his lifetime stats say, he is putting up big numbers every game so I don't think you should be downing him like you are.

The fact is Grace has a good team as does Rockwood and this whole conversation should be left at that.

The fact that he started as an 8th grader actually makes the accomplishment that much more impressive because he was scoring points against high school kids when he was in middle school

QUOTE(icecold06 @ Jan 31 2007 - 01:59 PM) 826353243[/snapback]

The fact that he started as an 8th grader actually makes the accomplishment that much more impressive because he was scoring points against high school kids when he was in middle school

Good observation icecold!!