Grace Christian?/ honestly are they for real?

HARDCORE4life

QUOTE(Ram Fan @ Jan 31 2007 - 08:37 AM) 826352789[/snapback]

Why can't you just lay off ? You know, this is all new to us. Did anyone think that we would be at 22-0 at one point. No, not even us. This is only our third year of basketball. We started off with 8th and 9th graders two years ago playing in the varsity level. We have less than 150 students in our high school. Please, give a little credit where credit is due. We are a very small christian school and we are trying to enjoy the moment but it seems like everyone is trying to run us down. GCA does not put out the AP rankings neither do we set the district teams. We go out and play 32 minutes of roundball and we have lost many, many games in the past but we are winning now. Congrats to Rockwood, they are a very good team and they won a hard fought game last night. The refs did a good job....we are not laying blame on anyone but ourselves. You ask are we for real, yes I believe we are. Do I think we are the best team in the state right now, no probably not, but we are trying to get there. We have an outstanding head coach and assistant coaches and a great group of kids and no matter how far they go we are very proud of them.

GCA........Building Champions For Christ

You can also pursuade good basketball players to attend your school. This is something that public schools really can't do. I don't feel sorry for you one bit. Everyone knows why Webb, Catholic, and CAK are loaded every year. I'm sure Grace Christian won't be far behind.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(gold11 @ Jan 31 2007 - 02:12 PM) 826353266[/snapback]

You can also pursuade good basketball players to attend your school. This is something that public schools really can't do. I don't feel sorry for you one bit. Everyone knows why Webb, Catholic, and CAK are loaded every year. I'm sure Grace Christian won't be far behind.

Two of the schools above are division 2 and may as you say" persuade " players to come to that school. We are division 1 and we play with what we got.

QUOTE(don222 @ Jan 31 2007 - 01:46 PM) 826353225[/snapback]

If you play for Rockwood then I have to assume you play alot of the same teams Grace does. Given that Rockwood would have to be a considered a joke also. And I have not seen any fan or player from Grace on here making excuses as to why they lost last night (just an observation). As far as Slusher goes no matter what his lifetime stats say, he is putting up big numbers every game so I don't think you should be downing him like you are.

The fact is Grace has a good team as does Rockwood and this whole conversation should be left at that.

Good post don222. I like your observation.

QUOTE(Tigers62 @ Jan 31 2007 - 10:54 AM) 826353043[/snapback]

Well they're not really that good, because well i play for Rockwood and we beat them but we have a very good basketball program, the referees just help them out alot, because when we played them @ grace we would have beat them if the referees would have call a half way good game. So yea grace's record is a joke and Slusher is over rated because the only reason he has over 1000 points as a soph. is because he started as a 8th grader because if he hadn't started then he wouldn't even be close.

Not all of Rockwood is as ignorant as this person is.. at grace, Rockwood could have gotten all the call and they still would have gotten stomp by 20. im a rockwood fan and i will admit to that. and do u PLAY for rockwood or are u just a body that takes up a seat on the bench?? i wonder.. as far as Slusher goes.. Hes a better shooter than most of Rockwoods player (not taking away anything from rockwood, but anyone with a working pair eyes could see that). just because he got to start on the high school team as an eighth grader and u were ridin pine as one, doesnt mean u have to go and bash him because he is better than u will ever be. so please Grace fans and all fans, this post i am replying to is that of one igorant fan and not of the whole community..

GO TIGERS!!

QUOTE(Ram Fan @ Jan 31 2007 - 07:37 AM) 826352789[/snapback]

Why can't you just lay off ? You know, this is all new to us. Did anyone think that we would be at 22-0 at one point. No, not even us. This is only our third year of basketball. We started off with 8th and 9th graders two years ago playing in the varsity level. We have less than 150 students in our high school. Please, give a little credit where credit is due. We are a very small christian school and we are trying to enjoy the moment but it seems like everyone is trying to run us down. GCA does not put out the AP rankings neither do we set the district teams. We go out and play 32 minutes of roundball and we have lost many, many games in the past but we are winning now. Congrats to Rockwood, they are a very good team and they won a hard fought game last night. The refs did a good job....we are not laying blame on anyone but ourselves. You ask are we for real, yes I believe we are. Do I think we are the best team in the state right now, no probably not, but we are trying to get there. We have an outstanding head coach and assistant coaches and a great group of kids and no matter how far they go we are very proud of them.

I say congrats to a job well done......not many schools can boast of that kind of record.....no matter how it turns out. I wished Liberty Tech could have had a 22-0 record this time last year.....that is a three year school. Keep it up!!!!

QUOTE(lakecountyfan007 @ Jan 31 2007 - 08:48 AM) 826352868[/snapback]

i really doult that Jesus is interested in basketball.(You talkin' about Jesus or Paul here?) Paul said that bodily exercise profit little. What he saying is that playing sports or exercising profits none in the kingdom of God. Jesus is not a fan of sports of any kind.(How do you explain "Touchdown Jesus"?) Why do i say so? Jesus was in rome(When was Jesus in Rome?), city of the roman games, going about his father's business(John Prine's song "Jesus..The Missing Years"...is not to be taken literally.). And that's all he told the people of that time. So I hope you build on a solid foundation with your statement by saying that your building Champions for Christ in a spirtual sense rather than a carnal sense.)I don't think it would hurt anything if you did do both.....beats anything I've seen lately) Please don't get them confused.

Read all you can of Mark Luke John and Matthew. And Read Acts. In Matthew Mark Luke And John it leads up to the New Testiment Church and Acts is when the first church started in the new testiment. Basketball may not be in the bible....but baseball sure is. Genisis 1:1 "In the Big Inning"

GET A LIFE lake co. fan

QUOTE(HARDCORE4life @ Jan 30 2007 - 11:55 PM) 826352672[/snapback]

has to be a joke somebody must feel sorry for them

How about this......how about you explaining why YOU think they are a joke and why "somebody must feel sorry for them." come on hardcoreforlife did your favorite team get beat by Grace or something.

QUOTE(Tigers62 @ Jan 31 2007 - 10:54 AM) 826353043[/snapback]

Well they're not really that good, because well i play for Rockwood and we beat them but we have a very good basketball program, the referees just help them out alot, because when we played them @ grace we would have beat them if (Woulda, Coulda, Shoulda!!!)the referees would have call a half way good game. So yea grace's record is a joke and Slusher is over rated because the only reason he has over 1000 points as a soph. is because he started as a 8th grader because if he hadn't started then he wouldn't even be close.(I'm looking....is there a smiliy face for crybaby? )