HOW DO YOU BREAK A REGULAR SEASON TIE - IN REGARDS TO DISTRICT TOUR. S

hoops fan2

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(hoops fan2 @ Jan 31 2007 - 10:17 AM) 826352989[/snapback]

THERE IS A POSSIBILITY OF AT LEAST ONE TIE IN OUR DISTRICT FOR THE REGULAR SEASON --

I CAN'T REMEMBER HOW THEY ARE BROKEN IN ORDER TO MAKE THE SEEDING FOR THE DISTRICT TOURNEY ----

PLEASE INFORM

THANKS GUYS

It is up to each individual district. You don't even have to have a district tournament if you don't want to. Most use who swept whom in the regular season...or a coin toss.

QUOTE(Antwan @ Jan 31 2007 - 10:27 AM) 826353006[/snapback]

It is up to each individual district. You don't even have to have a district tournament if you don't want to. Most use who swept whom in the regular season...or a coin toss.

but what if the teams split the regular season???

what then?

i heard that sometimes when it is a tie they go by the team who beat the most highly seeded team or teams during the year? if so, that doesn't really sound fair --- is this right??

i think it should be what you said ---- who won when the tied teams played and if that is a tie -- then who won by the most points ---- and if the winning margin is the same -- then coin toss !!!!!!!!!!

QUOTE(hoops fan2 @ Jan 31 2007 - 01:30 PM) 826353296[/snapback]

what then?

i heard that sometimes when it is a tie they go by the team who beat the most highly seeded team or teams during the year? if so, that doesn't really sound fair --- is this right??

i think it should be what you said ---- who won when the tied teams played and if that is a tie -- then who won by the most points ---- and if the winning margin is the same -- then coin toss !!!!!!!!!!

You can argue either way.......personally I don't like any tie-breaker that includes margin of victory. I would rather lose a coin-toss.......

QUOTE(hoops fan2 @ Jan 31 2007 - 01:30 PM) 826353296[/snapback]

what then?

The rules are agreed upon by the administrators. I have no idea what they decided this year. I think in the past it's been a coin toss. Not sure about this year.

I dont know what district you are in but the coaches decide at their district meeting PRIOR to the season and set up and agree upon the guidlines if they are tied all the way throught the tie breakers most of them flip a coin and USUALLY when it comes to a coin flip to decied the winner any automatic berth is no longer in play For example if the first place seed gets a auotmatic birth to the region on a coin flip they would not get that

QUOTE(riverdaleman @ Jan 31 2007 - 06:17 PM) 826353613[/snapback]

I dont know what district you are in but the coaches decide at their district meeting PRIOR to the season and set up and agree upon the guidlines if they are tied all the way throught the tie breakers most of them flip a coin and USUALLY when it comes to a coin flip to decied the winner any automatic berth is no longer in play For example if the first place seed gets a auotmatic birth to the region on a coin flip they would not get that

thanks --- i guess i'll just have to call the coaches ---- i did not know this -- i'm referring to third and fourth in a district of seven ---- so you can see how important it is to be third and not fourth -----