2A State

timbdp

QUOTE(VOREBS @ Feb 1 2007 - 04:46 PM) 826354887[/snapback]

4 teams from the same region can make the state finals. Reg. 7AA will only get two spots, but likely should have three or so. Sad but true. So some good teams will be left in West Tenn.

GO LADY REBELS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I always loved how west Tn teams just flat out forget there is a middle tn. Last year Harpeth whiped out region 12aa out of west tn, and they plan on doing it again. I wish everybody the best of luck in district's and on there way to state.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(HHSnumber1fan @ Feb 5 2007 - 09:47 AM) 826359016[/snapback]

I always loved how west Tn teams just flat out forget there is a middle tn. Last year Harpeth whiped out region 12aa out of west tn, and they plan on doing it again. I wish everybody the best of luck in district's and on there way to state.

I don't remember seeing them play in murfreesboro last year? Did they make it?

QUOTE(HHSnumber1fan @ Feb 5 2007 - 09:47 AM) 826359016[/snapback]

Harpeth looked real good last year, no doubt that they have to be the favorites to win the region tournament. If I remember right there were some close games between 12AA teams and Harpeth. I look for it to be a little tougher this year with McNairy, Southside, and Lexington all being better than they were last year.

QUOTE(montague1 @ Feb 5 2007 - 12:15 PM) 826359207[/snapback]

Harpeth looked real good last year, no doubt that they have to be the favorites to win the region tournament. If I remember right there were some close games between 12AA teams and Harpeth. I look for it to be a little tougher this year with McNairy, Southside, and Lexington all being better than they were last year.

Watch out for White House.

QUOTE(LA Wildcats @ Feb 5 2007 - 08:05 PM) 826359737[/snapback]

I don't think White House will make it out of Region 4 with Upperman and Livingston Academy being in the mix.

white house can complete with both of them and they can beat both them

don't be surprise to see white house make it to the region final

QUOTE(Morton @ Jan 31 2007 - 08:13 PM) 826353682[/snapback]

I would not count out Ezell-Harding just yet. They have really turned it up the latter part of the season. They have their confidence going, and have a strong game inside and out. Lipscomb and Ezell are the teams from District 9 to watch.

District 9 had two in the final 8 last year, this is a very good region.

QUOTE(shpshter93 @ Feb 5 2007 - 11:24 PM) 826360012[/snapback]

District 9 had two in the final 8 last year, this is a very good region.

David Lipscomb beat Ezell tonight (by six). The final score does not tell how well the Lipscomb girls played with huge leads at points in the game. If they can pull out a second win over FRA on Thursday, they will win the district. I still think Ezell could be the dark horse in the region. All three teams (Lipscomb, Ezell, and FRA) could probably beat any time on any given night. I think that one of these teams (maybe two) will be in Murfreesboro. Mind you, Upperman is still my pick for the gold ball.

QUOTE(Morton @ Feb 6 2007 - 07:52 PM) 826361064[/snapback]

David Lipscomb beat Ezell tonight (by six). The final score does not tell how well the Lipscomb girls played with huge leads at points in the game. If they can pull out a second win over FRA on Thursday, they will win the district. I still think Ezell could be the dark horse in the region. All three teams (Lipscomb, Ezell, and FRA) could probably beat any time on any given night. I think that one of these teams (maybe two) will be in Murfreesboro. Mind you, Upperman is still my pick for the gold ball.

District 9AA is wrapped-up for the regular season with Lipscomb winning (10-1 district). Their only district loss was to Ezell in their first match-up. I think that Lipscomb and Ezell will prevail in Region 5. From that point... we'll see. Ezell is unpredictable, which makes them dangerous. Leah McAllister is certainly their premier player and has the capability of scoring high 20's. If you try to contain her, she has a pretty talented supporting cast. I think they will be hard to prepare for. Lipscomb has had some injuries, but Ellen Ross (Jr) should take this opportunity to show her talent. She has taken a back seat to a very dominant senior group. This is her chance to shine. Lipscomb will also be difficult to prepare for, because they have had a strong inside game, but if put in zone can be dangerous. Every girl on this team can hit 3's, and if one or two get hot, that will open the lane. Ezell and Lipscomb have great presses, therefore have the experience and know-how to break any press or trap put to them, and LOVE the fast break. I'm a Nashville supporter, so hope one of these teams makes an impression at state. Upperman has looked like the team to beat, but after their loss to Livingston Academy (another superior team) they may be a little more vulnerable. Good luck to all the middle Tennessee AA teams!!