OS @ Kingston ?

BBALLTN

Kingston girls are much worse off than "at a low point"! Believe me, I've watched every game. People should understand though, they have lost 2 players in the last month, one for breaking team & school rules and the other just decided to quit. The one that decided to just quit, was the teams leading scorer. She also transferred to a Christian School in Lenior City. From what I understand, her new school doesnt participate in and sports.

Another thing to remember, they are playing very young girls. The Given girls are both Sophmores and so is Tayler Smith. Both Givens got playing time as Freshman and Smith started her freshman year. Several other young girls are getting playing time as well. Callie Mergen is getting several minutes (Soph) as well as Brooke Thearp (Freshman).

I know a lot is being said about Coaching but dont blame everything on the coach. These girls turn the ball over way too much. We stopped counting turnovers last night at the end of the 3rd qtr and they had 25. You cant continue to make those kind of mistakes and expect to get better. Hopefully they will work on fundementals in the off season and come back next year with a better team.

Good luck to them.

Thanks Catback I went to Crossville game last night and checked the score and thought whew. I really thought Kingston was going to get back on track this year but Im sure the loss of Players has hurt, but still with the Givens ( very athletic name) and the Smith girl they were gonna be a force and will be later on maybe. Everyone knows Im an OS fan but Kingston still in Roane Co. so I would like for them to get some Ws

Just got to hope the Kingston girls keep working hard. Only one senior and the two girls that are no longer on the team were juniors that were expected to provide scoring and leadership. There are some good young players on this team and if they keep working hard they'll be ok. You can look at their scores and they have played alot of close games. Freshmen and sophomores will usually lose close games, but as they get older they'll improve. This team can still make it to the region tournament.

I hope you're referring to making it to the Region before they graduate. They're not going to make it this year. I've seen them play several times this year and even before they lost Gentry or Hardin, they were a team that was struggling. They have absolutely no one that can shoot from outside consistently which makes it somewhat difficult to get the ball inside to Smith or Martin. I also agree with JACKETDAD about them turning the ball over. Although their point guards are young, there's no reason they should be turning it over like they do. They make some of the worse passes I've ever seen a team make. I really do hope Anderson can turn this program around, he's got some athletes on this team if he can just get them to play up to their potential.