BigG

reaction

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(reaction @ Feb 3 2007 - 06:31 PM) 826357247[/snapback]

Boo you need an upgrade!

You paying for it? Contrary to popular belief, teacher/coaches don't get paid all that much! (besides, I spent all mine on cosmetic surgery. I was starting to look like Hoya, and decided to take drastic measures)

QUOTE(BigG @ Feb 3 2007 - 09:13 PM) 826357390[/snapback]

You paying for it? Contrary to popular belief, teacher/coaches don't get paid all that much! (besides, I spent all mine on cosmetic surgery. I was starting to look like Hoya, and decided to take drastic measures)

Poor hoya.

Maybe if i direct my satellite in the right direction, you can get feed from me. I'm so nice i know.

I would be glad to inform...

The new proposal limits the amount of players from one school on the same club team to 6. (It is called the 50% rule, because in the sports for which it applies, only 50% of the number of player necessary to field a team are eligible to play... 6 for soccer, 3 for basketball... it is rounded up)

What that means is that if 7 players from CAK play on the Diadora Impact club team, only 6 of those players would be eligible to play for the highschool next season. Even if all 7 were the best players at school, one of them couldn't play. Which one? It doesn't matter.

The TSSAA says that they proposed this rule to limit the amount of pressure that players get from their coaches to play year round soccer. Some say it is to level the playing field across the state within the stronger and weaker regions.

The last I have heard is that there has been a unified front of high school and club coaches, who have contacted TSSAA reps and shared their concerns. As of now, the TSSAA is "still considering" the proposal, which I am not sure if that means they will or will not vote on it as of the March meeting.

You should be able to find more info on the TSSAA meeting minutes.

Hope that helps!

QUOTE(reaction @ Feb 10 2007 - 04:22 PM) 826366404[/snapback]

The BigG thread will continue all season.

Until you get rid of bunny ears.

For your info.

Manchester United 2

Charlton Athletic 0

You, sir, have been demoted from ball boy.

I'll also have you know, that my upstairs antenna isn't rabbit ears, but something that looks like a metal christmas tree. So there.

QUOTE(reaction @ Feb 10 2007 - 03:22 PM) 826366404[/snapback]

The BigG thread will continue all season.

Until you get rid of bunny ears.

For your info.

Manchester United 2

Charlton Athletic 0

Watched that game today. If Man Utd want to win the EPL this year, they need to turn it up a notch. A few too many breakdowns on defense for my liking and the offense looked a little impotent.

They still have Liverpool and Chelsea to play on the road.

The best game I saw today was the Aston Villa vs Reading game which came on earlier. Reading are newly promoted and are playing some very disciplined soccer.