Golf Star Killed in Car Accident

PHargis

While this is not Girls Basketball related, there are things which happen during the season which are sports related and touch every part of the State and every school, student body, parent and fan when the news is seen. It's something, unfortunately, that happens to every school at some time or another. It brings to everyones mind how short life can be and to athletes by their very nature, are risk takers in the way they play the games to be careful in the game of life. Weather, traffic, etc are always a problem and a lot of fans love to see the way you play and are devestated by memories when something happens to a community that takes great people away. While a number don't even know this family and are saddened by what has happened, others do remember things that have happened in each of the school communities thruout the state and think of this family at this time.

QUOTE(PHargis @ Feb 2 2007 - 05:35 AM) 826355560[/snapback]

While this is not Girls Basketball related, there are things which happen during the season which are sports related and touch every part of the State and every school, student body, parent and fan when the news is seen. It's something, unfortunately, that happens to every school at some time or another. It brings to everyones mind how short life can be and to athletes by their very nature, are risk takers in the way they play the games to be careful in the game of life. Weather, traffic, etc are always a problem and a lot of fans love to see the way you play and are devestated by memories when something happens to a community that takes great people away. While a number don't even know this family and are saddened by what has happened, others do remember things that have happened in each of the school communities thruout the state and think of this family at this time.

WOW...haven't heard nothing about this...both of my parents work in Jackson and work with parents whose kids attend USJ and none have heard about this....PRAYERS TO THE FAMILY!!!

Tom Talkington died last night (Feb. 1). Marshall Talkington was treated an released las night (Feb. 1). David Hopper is in recovery after surgery and looks like he will make it. Jacob Halvorson (TCA) was the driver of the vehicle and passed away at 5:30 tonight from head injuries. This is a very sad story. Marshall was the only one wearing a seat belt, and was also the only one to walk away from the accident. The truck was driving down a narrow road at extremely high speeds. And by most accounts I have heard, alcohol was involved. Drinking and driving is a horrible decsion to make. I hope this will be a lesson to all teenagers that if you drink DO NOT try to drive. My prayers are with the family. For more information, log on to the Jackson Sun website at www.jacksonsun.com with updates from today and more stories will be posted tomorrow.

QUOTE(NSIndiansFan @ Feb 2 2007 - 08:35 PM) 826356335[/snapback]

Tom Talkington died last night (Feb. 1). Marshall Talkington was treated an released las night (Feb. 1). David Hopper is in recovery after surgery and looks like he will make it. Jacob Halvorson (TCA) was the driver of the vehicle and passed away at 5:30 tonight from head injuries. This is a very sad story. Marshall was the only one wearing a seat belt, and was also the only one to walk away from the accident. The truck was driving down a narrow road at extremely high speeds. And by most accounts I have heard, alcohol was involved. Drinking and driving is a horrible decsion to make. I hope this will be a lesson to all teenagers that if you drink DO NOT try to drive. My prayers are with the family. For more information, log on to the Jackson Sun website at www.jacksonsun.com with updates from today and more stories will be posted tomorrow.

QUOTE(NSIndiansFan @ Feb 2 2007 - 07:35 PM) 826356335[/snapback]

DANG!!! I saw this in the Jackson Sun earlier today..SAD!!!