State Duals

BuckLateral

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(13cjk @ Feb 3 2007 - 11:33 PM) 826357640[/snapback]

If the decision was made before you left Maryville then why bother to suit up? I read your coach's interview in the Knoxville paper friday and it sounded like he didn't even want to go which is understandable but why didn't he just wrestle jv or forfeit at regions and let a team go that would give 100%. There is a whole wrestling community out there and dress it up as you may.. but nobody is fooled.

Reb fans leave it alone.

Your coach is trying to take care of his young men and their chance to place at state.

Risking further injury is stupid when your team is out of the hunt. They big dogs will get their chance to prove their stuff at state.

Notice the posters you are debating with just jumped on Coacht to bash your grapplers. Your team represented Region 2 with class and your top kids have a great chance to place at state.

Good Luck

QUOTE(rigger101 @ Feb 4 2007 - 01:41 AM) 826357651[/snapback]

Reb fans leave it alone.

Your coach is trying to take care of his young men and their chance to place at state.

Risking further injury is stupid when your team is out of the hunt. They big dogs will get their chance to prove their stuff at state.

Notice the posters you are debating with just jumped on Coacht to bash your grapplers. Your team represented Region 2 with class and your top kids have a great chance to place at state.

Good Luck

dont call that class rigger. they got raped by soddy. the score was 76-0

QUOTE(goBIGgreen @ Feb 3 2007 - 11:55 PM) 826357664[/snapback]

dont call that class rigger. they got raped by soddy. the score was 76-0

So did most of the other teams. Ask Clarksville!

So what if they sent out there top kids at the end of a no win match and they get hurt? Not smart. There Coach did the right thing if these kids are hurt.

These matches folks are talking about can be seen in 2 weeks!

There are plenty of other schools that did the same type of thing.

QUOTE(goBIGgreen @ Feb 4 2007 - 12:58 AM) 826357667[/snapback]

from where i was sitting during the d1 finals i saw logsdon go sit in the stands on soddy's side after 5 of his wrestlers called "injury" to go puke, alothough nothing came out. do you think that the bradley people think all that money logsdon got paid was worth a runnerup at state?

Have class please.

Looks like a well coached match. It could have went either way.

Props to Coach Henry and his Trojans! And props to Coach Logsdan. Everyone said it wouldn't happen after losing starters and state placers.

Woo hoo Notre Dame... classy team if I do say so myself. Overall it sounds like a great tourny. Wish I was there!

Tullahoma had the same deal on the other side of the bracket with Bradley Co in the second round and I thought the same thing about forfeiting the whole match to preserve our wrestlers. Our coach Jimmy Miller had our boys wrestle as hard as they could against Bradley Co and it was a good experience to get mat time with some of the best in the state. We hope to be back again next year at the state duals!

QUOTE(goBIGgreen @ Feb 3 2007 - 11:58 PM) 826357667[/snapback]

from where i was sitting during the d1 finals i saw logsdon go sit in the stands on soddy's side after 5 of his wrestlers called "injury" to go puke, alothough nothing came out. do you think that the bradley people think all that money logsdon got paid was worth a runnerup at state?

easy killer, how many state champs has coach logsdon produced? Runner up to a great SD team isn't bad, I know he wan't to win as did his boys, they are a great team led by a great coach.

QUOTE(Reb Wrestler @ Feb 3 2007 - 08:08 PM) 826357318[/snapback]

I promise you none of the wrestlers on maryville chickened out. Hendricks has struggled with injuries in the past and through the season so he wasnt going to wrestle. Ridenour was ready to go as well, and coach just wanted him to be ready for tomorrow in the match we could actually win. Shields wouldnt have backed down either but coach felt the same way towards him as he did ridenour. This wasnt a "pansy" act or whatever you want to call it. Coach was just looking further into the tournament and looking out for the health of his wrestlers. Landon hall went out there and fought his butt off he tried a desperation throw at the end when he was trailing by one. Just let these boys prove themselves at state in two weeks... and i know they will.

Injuries can be debated, argued and hid-behind forever even after wrestling, so why waste internet time on it.

There is no debating the fact that maryville has a wealth of coaching knowlege and earned respect as men on and off the mat. Howevever, if you want to be the best, you have to wrestle the best. That means leaving your back yard and risking loosing a region plaque. Most dont relize that maryville is hendered by overly strict rules on missing block classes. They were the only team that had to endure an appreciated late weigh-in allowance at bradley. The catch -22 situation faced here is the AD as well as teachers are forced to lean on there school board policies (not missing blocks) for all sports events other than the holy football. Due to football success, they can operate at will. Senior players were all allowed to miss a full day to attend the Mr. football banquet. What will have to take place in my opinion is this: Parents of a team with potential to be better i.e. wrestling will have to approach the school board in #s to ease up on the rules. Secondly the parents will have to insure that this team can come up with the funds to cover the extra travel cost. Third the parents must convey to the coaches their faith in them as well as their kids to rise to the next level. By the way, Landon Hall has had asthma, and a torn MCL since 9th grade and has never missed a match or given less than a 100% at practice. He is risking loosing his football scholarship to practice and compete. Matter of fact, he is on the mat at this moment. He may never get the attention that blount counties 'best wresters' get but he understands what its all about and has never backed down from any local, state or nationaly ranked opponet. This, while doing the extra training to be on top and extra homework to keep academics in proper perspective. For this, he will always have my admiration and knows were I think he ranks.