Tennessee High defeats Central!

Cap1

I'm not trying to pick a fight but, I have to ask the Central posters how they feel about Wes Baker losing his cool and kicking a Tennessee High player while he was on the floor after a foul from Baker? And then Baker's hard foul on Young in the closing seconds of the game, after which he had a visible exchange of words with another Viking player. But even after the kick and all...he still shook hands after the game. So that makes it all good...doesn't it?

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Cap1 @ Feb 2 2007 - 10:18 PM) 826356415[/snapback]

I'm not trying to pick a fight but, I have to ask the Central posters how they feel about Wes Baker losing his cool and kicking a Tennessee High player while he was on the floor after a foul from Baker? And then Baker's hard foul on Young in the closing seconds of the game, after which he had a visible exchange of words with another Viking player. But even after the kick and all...he still shook hands after the game. So that makes it all good...doesn't it?

Maybe he wouldn't have lost his cool if Jeff Baker didn't hold and twist his leg after Wes swatted his stuff into the 3rd row. That was the turning point of the game. All the refs had to do was separate the 2 and it was over. But no, they have to give one of Central's players a T.

Why do you even need to know? Why don't you just ask 2 of those refs what happened when you guys go with them to the Bahamas again next year?

In the 2 games we have played TN High this year we have had a certain ref both times and he has been terrible both times.

Baker just didn't loose his cool over nothing. The Tn high player should have been given a technical as well. The refs were a joke. But I guess Tn high must think they are the just fine. But then again we couldn't throw it in the ocean playing at home , so that's what you get. Tn high is very beatable, just not by us tonight. But they may be another meeting... we'll see.

QUOTE(brock20 @ Feb 2 2007 - 10:30 PM) 826356448[/snapback]

Maybe he wouldn't have lost his cool if Jeff Baker didn't hold and twist his leg after Wes swatted his stuff into the 3rd row. That was the turning point of the game. All the refs had to do was separate the 2 and it was over. But no, they have to give one of Central's players a T.

Why do you even need to know? Why don't you just ask 2 of those refs what happened when you guys go with them to the Bahamas again next year?

In the 2 games we have played TN High this year we have had a certain ref both times and he has been terrible both times.

Good try brock, but anybody that was at the game knows that those two refs were wearing tee-shirts that say "I love my Cougars" under those stripes. They did their best to steal this one away. But even with the alumni refs...you still got swept under the Big 9 rug this year! In other words...your not going to get an argument out of me about the refs being horrible, but I still think they had on orange and white underwear tonight.

I can just imagine if the roles were reversed in this altercation...or better yet...if it where Wattad instead of Wes Baker. This kid plain and simple lost his cool...and that happens to players that are passionate about the game. For you to give Wes Baker a pass for his actions and attach Omar for not shaking hands at the end of the game is hypocritical!!!!!!! Wes Baker has been a great competitor and (from what I have heard and seen) a good kid...he just got caught up in the heat of the moment. It happens. Do you get my point?

QUOTE(Cap1 @ Feb 2 2007 - 11:34 PM) 826356571[/snapback]

Good try brock, but anybody that was at the game knows that those two refs were wearing tee-shirts that say "I love my Cougars" under those stripes. They did their best to steal this one away. But even with the alumni refs...you still got swept under the Big 9 rug this year! In other words...your not going to get an argument out of me about the refs being horrible, but I still think they had on orange and white underwear tonight.

I can just imagine if the roles were reversed in this altercation...or better yet...if it where Wattad instead of Wes Baker. This kid plain and simple lost his cool...and that happens to players that are passionate about the game. For you to give Wes Baker a pass for his actions and attach Omar for not shaking hands at the end of the game is hypocritical!!!!!!! Wes Baker has been a great competitor and (from what I have heard and seen) a good kid...he just got caught up in the heat of the moment. It happens. Do you get my point?

well i thought this story with omar was over but you brought it up so let me set you straight.... nobody attacked ogod wattad for not shaking hands, he lied and said some of centrals players were rubbing the win in his face and that was just not true that is why the video was shown!!!!

QUOTE(1cougarfan @ Feb 2 2007 - 10:55 PM) 826356494[/snapback]

Baker just didn't loose his cool over nothing. The Tn high player should have been given a technical as well. The refs were a joke. But I guess Tn high must think they are the just fine. But then again we couldn't throw it in the ocean playing at home , so that's what you get. Tn high is very beatable, just not by us tonight. But they may be another meeting... we'll see.

Hook line and sinker cougarfan! MY POINT EXACTLY!!!!!!!!!!!

What do you mean alumni refs?!? None of those refs went to Central.

If you would have seen the play with Wes under the goal you would have seen the guy from TN High grab Wes' leg and pull him down. That being said Wes should have realized that the team needed him and should have just let it go. But that is a hard thing to do when the refs let them get away with crap like that all night.

TN High plays great zone defense and it is no secret that we do not play well against a zone. We just do not get enough penetration to break the zone down and get our shooters open looks from the outside. I give a lot of credit to TN High's coaching staff. This team only has one player with a lot of talent (Young). The rest of the guys just buy into the system and it works. I think Coach Witcher and Coach Vaughn are hands down the 2 best coaches in the Big 9.

Anyone know how the tie breaker will go down if we can beat Volunteer and Boone next week?

I did not really have that big of a problem with Omar not shaking hands. I think a lot of times teams should do like the NBA and not shake hands after the game. It is hard to compete against someone for 32 minutes then have to all of sudden let it go. The problem I had was that he lied and said he didn't shake hands because a Central player said something to him while in the line.

And I am not saying what Wes did was right. What I am saying is that just giving him a technical and not the kid from TN High was unfair and changed the game completely.

QUOTE(brock20 @ Feb 3 2007 - 12:12 AM) 826356638[/snapback]

What do you mean alumni refs?!? None of those refs went to Central.

If you would have seen the play with Wes under the goal you would have seen the guy from TN High grab Wes' leg and pull him down. That being said Wes should have realized that the team needed him and should have just let it go. But that is a hard thing to do when the refs let them get away with crap like that all night.

TN High plays great zone defense and it is no secret that we do not play well against a zone. We just do not get enough penetration to break the zone down and get our shooters open looks from the outside. I give a lot of credit to TN High's coaching staff. This team only has one player with a lot of talent (Young). The rest of the guys just buy into the system and it works. I think Coach Witcher and Coach Vaughn are hands down the 2 best coaches in the Big 9.

Anyone know how the tie breaker will go down if we can beat Volunteer and Boone next week?

Hands down? I would have to disagree, and I'm sure you would too if you would rethink your post. Nobody was harder on Morgan than I was in the early going of the season, but it is clear that he has put his time in and turned this team into a legitimate team. They are undefeated since the Arby's pulling off tough road games as well as holding serve at home. It is clear to anyone that has watched them since Christmas that having Coty back makes them a TOTALLY different team. I would have to say Coach Morgan has a say as to who might be the best coach in the Big 9...

QUOTE(BobSegar @ Feb 3 2007 - 12:54 AM) 826356683[/snapback]

Hands down? I would have to disagree, and I'm sure you would too if you would rethink your post. Nobody was harder on Morgan than I was in the early going of the season, but it is clear that he has put his time in and turned this team into a legitimate team. They are undefeated since the Arby's pulling off tough road games as well as holding serve at home. It is clear to anyone that has watched them since Christmas that having Coty back makes them a TOTALLY different team. I would have to say Coach Morgan has a say as to who might be the best coach in the Big 9...

Yeah I think Morgan is a good coach but look at what he has to work with. DB's 2nd five off the bench could beat a lot of the teams in the Big 9. DB is definitely playing better than anyone in the conference right now. But answer this, what do you think had more to do with DB's turn around since Christmas, Coty coming back or coaching? But like I said I think Morgan is a good coach and if you look at his track record it seems that all his teams do not peak til tourney time and that is always a good thing. So you are right, Vaughn and Witcher are not "hands down" the 2 best coaches, but to me they get the most out of what they have.

Just one question Cap? Of the three refs that called last night, did one or more travel to the Bahamas with TH this year. A simple yes or no will do. If you do not reply I will know the answer.