McCallie Father Ryan Scores?

Redsox55

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Gtjackets @ Feb 4 2007 - 08:49 AM) 826357808[/snapback]

Wow, what went differently for MBA in the BA match from their first meeting? Upsets?

I didn't actually see the match, so there will be others who can better answer your question. I do know that the first match that MBA won was pretty close and turned on a few key match ups (215, 103). I think BA came out this time and won a couple of those. They jumped out to a pretty big early lead this time and then help MBA off at the end. I understand that it came down to the final match (152 I think) and Becki from BA won.

I think both coaches juggled line-ups looking towards the individuals in a couple of weeks and than may have had some impact as well.

Any way you cut it, it was a big win for BA. It's been a bunch of years since they've beaten the Big Red.

QUOTE(In Hoc Signo Vinces @ Feb 4 2007 - 02:58 PM) 826358136[/snapback]

I think MBA started any Senior wether a starter or not. Very classy of Frank Simpson giving his seniors one last match. MBA would have beaten BA again.

I was just looking at the results on the TSSAA web site. Other than Sutter and Smith it looked like the regular line-up. BA had a couple of different names as teams often do in a dual tourney. Which of the MBA starters were seniors that normally do not start?

QUOTE(Batts @ Feb 4 2007 - 04:12 PM) 826358266[/snapback]

I was just looking at the results on the TSSAA web site. Other than Sutter and Smith it looked like the regular line-up. BA had a couple of different names as teams often do in a dual tourney. Which of the MBA starters were seniors that normally do not start?

I see what you mean. A couple of upsets in the upper weights.

QUOTE(mtnrasslin @ Feb 4 2007 - 08:30 AM) 826357784[/snapback]

Why did McCallie's starters not wrestle at 119, 130, and 140?

Experience for wrestlers who were younger and needed to see what it would be like when they need to step in next year. 130 though, Joe Young had to get stitches after his match against Father Ryan so he wasn't able to wrestle against CB or BA in the later matches.

QUOTE(Wrestle90 @ Feb 5 2007 - 09:46 AM) 826358940[/snapback]

Experience for wrestlers who were younger and needed to see what it would be like when they need to step in next year. 130 though, Joe Young had to get stitches after his match against Father Ryan so he wasn't able to wrestle against CB or BA in the later matches.

Makes sense- however, who is younger than an 8th grader? Also, what experience is gained from a forfeit?