Region 4-5A

QUOTE(232323 @ Feb 3 2007 - 04:03 PM) 826357162[/snapback]

Lets go ahead and get the ball rolling for the strongest region in 5A football..(Region 6 is kinda close).

Who are the haves and who are the have nots..

My Prediction:

1. Smyrna (Way too much talent)

2. Riverdale (OL returns...will be hard to beat...however need to pass more than once a game)

3. LaVergne (Tillery is the real deal)

4. Lebanon (Young and talented...although the 4 spot is usually up for grabs)

5. Oakland ( Need to get in the playoffs or some coaches may need to find another line of work....its been too long and there has been to much talent)

6. Siegel (Lots of returning players...if they dont get to the playoffs this year....see explanation for Oakland)

7. Wilson Central (Lack returning talent to make a run)

8. Blackman (Are returning a few players, but none that can make an impact...by far the worst team in this region..even a descent freshman class cant help)

I'm a big Oakland fan. I agree the coaches should be feeling some pressure. BUT........please name all of these talented players they should have been winning with.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I see no change in how the teams will finish

1. Symrna--Gray and Wilkes show

2. Riverdale--May be #1, but must beat those dawgs

3. Lebanon--May be suprise team of district, to much hawgs (line-man) and young skill returning. Could compete for #1

4&5. LaVergne or Blackman--Depends on whose young talent shows up and plays.

6. Oakland--May compete for 4#, but don't really see that

7. Wilson Central--Qb will hurt them--not much else returning that is worth a crapp

8. Siegel--Need I say more

QUOTE(HSsportsfootball @ Feb 4 2007 - 01:13 AM) 826357600[/snapback]

LaVergne lost a lot on offense and its almost scary to think if Lavergne can patch up those areas. But Lavergne has a lot of talent returning including the leading rusher going into next year, all-state WR, and an all-state CB. Scary thing is, and to be completely honest, no support from the underclassmen (09 & 10).....................................yet. Terry Hodges and Kareem Wiggins are two excellent freshman, soon to be sophomores. Hodges might even be fighting for a starting spot. But there is definately no comparison between 08's underclassmen and 09's...The underclassmen better step it up because we had 0 starting sophomores starting, and maybe 3 switched in. 2008 class had 9 starters and about 4 that switiched in when they were underclassmen.

The coaching deal won't be a factor. Hester will pick up right where LaVergne left off. But something really has to be done about the QB and OL deal.

really???

Once again for a few Lavergne facts

lavergne beat exactly one team with a winning record and won one play off game

during thomas tenure. Both of those occured when Lavergne beat Cookeville last yr in the playoffs.Go back and look your self, I was shocked to find that.

So ----------------------------- I hope Hester picks right up there and keeps it going!

In truth I hear he is a really good coach and very smart so we will see?

Once again Riverdale will be the region favorite as they should since they still have never lost a region chamionship, until somebody wins the region they are still the team to beat. Plus if you read all the post they work hard during the off season!

My pre pre season picks for 2007

riverdale - offensive line is top notch

blackman - they have to break out at some point

smyrna - pretty decent qb

lebanon -- always tough

siegel- if they don't make a bid for playoffs a new coach is a must

lavergne - over rated in 2006 and lost to much, folks are catching up with their offense and thet turn the ball over to much

oakland - to basic on offense, has some weapons but not sure if they know how to use them?? need a qb

wc - not a lot of talent and struggling with who they are on offense

just my early opinion ( although I did pick the top 4 in 2006 including lebanon)

QUOTE(82cat @ Feb 5 2007 - 03:28 PM) 826359391[/snapback]

Once again Riverdale will be the region favorite as they should since they still have never lost a region chamionship, until somebody wins the region they are still the team to beat. Plus if you read all the post they work hard during the off season!

How can the defending state champs not be the team to beat? That makes zero sense in every way, shape, form, and whatever else.

I don't understand how a regular season 1st place team can overrule a state champ.

Also, 'Dale doesn't even have a qb (which is only the most important position in the sport).

QUOTE(jmu031 @ Feb 5 2007 - 05:40 PM) 826359539[/snapback]

How can the defending state champs not be the team to beat? That makes zero sense in every way, shape, form, and whatever else.

I don't understand how a regular season 1st place team can overrule a state champ.

Also, 'Dale doesn't even have a qb (which is only the most important position in the sport).

i think ebal has a chance at being better than scott.....he's faster and can throw further and more accurate.... he'd showed his athleticism last year as a soph. and he's worked his tail off in the weight room

QUOTE(2priceless @ Feb 5 2007 - 06:44 PM) 826359599[/snapback]

His brother had an amazing soph yr too,......and then slowly disintegrated.

i dont think ebal disintergrated i think the team did i felt bad for him after we played them we beat thte crap out of him he got pounded ALL NIGHT LONG and got up everytime but once those were some bad oakland teams

JMU31 dont listen to cat that was his sarcasm coming out did you notice the "decent" QB remark everyone knows that smyrna is on top (had to hear that crap agian this weekend) we are used to being on top well now it is our turn to try and knock someone off their pedastal we are still being hnted by everyone but now we got to do some hunting of our own and i hope our new coaches and new team are ready for the challenge

GO WARRIORS

QUOTE(232323 @ Feb 3 2007 - 04:03 PM) 826357162[/snapback]

Lets go ahead and get the ball rolling for the strongest region in 5A football..(Region 6 is kinda close).

Who are the haves and who are the have nots..

My Prediction:

1. Smyrna (Way too much talent)

2. Riverdale (OL returns...will be hard to beat...however need to pass more than once a game)

3. LaVergne (Tillery is the real deal)

4. Lebanon (Young and talented...although the 4 spot is usually up for grabs)

5. Oakland ( Need to get in the playoffs or some coaches may need to find another line of work....its been too long and there has been to much talent)

6. Siegel (Lots of returning players...if they dont get to the playoffs this year....see explanation for Oakland)

7. Wilson Central (Lack returning talent to make a run)

8. Blackman (Are returning a few players, but none that can make an impact...by far the worst team in this region..even a descent freshman class cant help)

Smyrna

R'dale

lebanon

these should be the pre-season top 3 based on returning players and losses

i think the rest of the teams will all compete for 4th but the top three teams can still be beaten though

QUOTE(riverdaleman @ Feb 5 2007 - 06:49 PM) 826359656[/snapback]

i dont think ebal disintergrated i think the team did i felt bad for him after we played them we beat thte crap out of him he got pounded ALL NIGHT LONG and got up everytime but once those were some bad oakland teams

JMU31 dont listen to cat that was his sarcasm coming out did you notice the "decent" QB remark everyone knows that smyrna is on top (had to hear that crap agian this weekend) we are used to being on top well now it is our turn to try and knock someone off their pedastal we are still being hnted by everyone but now we got to do some hunting of our own and i hope our new coaches and new team are ready for the challenge

GO WARRIORS

Ebal made some bad decisions on the field . Odd how once he went down in the Smyrna game, we came back with that "bad" team and took Smyrna to the wire. Then this same "bad" team w/o Ebal almost upset the #1 team in the state at Lincoln County with our soph QB. No, Ebal had his mind on somethinga nd it wasn't football. I always thought Marty should have pulled him and let Daryl start. But Marty was too fond of the kid and kept giving him chance after chance. Did you ever think that maybe Ebal got pounded b/c the line thought he needed to be for the article in the DNJ where he went on and on on game day about how GREAT Rankin was?