ND A-AA State Champs and class act

MatKat

I enjoyed watching the A-AA State Championship tonight. Congratulations to both teams and their wrestlers on a hard fought match.

However there were a couple of middle aged men from Seymour who set toward the top of the stands and screamed the dumbest things I have every heard at a High School Wrestling event. They must have thought this was the WWF!

These so called men/parent's screamed the following over and over during the 103 and 125 match and I quote!

Kill'em Billy

Do' em Billy

Bust em up Billy

Hurt em billy

I thought the ND fans showed a lot of class not responding to these cretins from the sticks! They are lucky that an ND Mom didn't put them in there place.

After all of their loud mouth antics, these so called men took off prior to the final

NO CLASS!!!

There were a couple of wrestling fans around me who said they were there to cheer for seymour but started pulling for ND after these loud mouths started.

Some good soul from Seymour needs to talk to these 2 men and let them know that cheering for one's team to kill and bust em up is going to rup so folks the wrong way.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(MatKat @ Feb 3 2007 - 11:28 PM) 826357627[/snapback]

I enjoyed watching the A-AA State Championship tonight. Congratulations to both teams and their wrestlers on a hard fought match.

However there were a couple of middle aged men from Seymour who set toward the top of the stands and screamed the dumbest things I have every heard at a High School Wrestling event. They must have thought this was the WWF!

These so called men/parent's screamed the following over and over during the 103 and 125 match and I quote!

I thought the ND fans showed a lot of class not responding to these cretins from the sticks! They are lucky that an ND Mom didn't put them in there place.

After all of their loud mouth antics, these so called men took off prior to the final

NO CLASS!!!

There were a couple of wrestling fans around me who said they were there to cheer for seymour but started pulling for ND after these loud mouths started.

Some good soul from Seymour needs to talk to these 2 men and let them know that cheering for one's team to kill and bust em up is going to rup so folks the wrong way.

ya i was sitting right behind those darn parents.... seymour showed up to wrestle too.... great matches.. great duels final too............ i kno jay didnt make wieght at 119 why 130 and not 125?????

QUOTE(MatKat @ Feb 4 2007 - 12:28 AM) 826357627[/snapback]

NO CLASS!!!

LOL! So you are saying Seymour has no "CLASS" because a couple of red-neck dads were gettin into the match? Come on. OK, If they were causing such a fuss, why didn't you get up and put them in their place insted of getting on here and complaining about it?

QUOTE(matbrat5 @ Feb 4 2007 - 05:45 PM) 826358227[/snapback]

LOL! So you are saying Seymour has no "CLASS" because a couple of red-neck dads were gettin into the match? Come on. OK, If they were causing such a fuss, why didn't you get up and put them in their place insted of getting on here and complaining about it?

calm down matbrat 5...this is a place for complaing..all is good...

you can't judge a whole community by actions of a couple..lol..although i've been known to get into a match or two myself...at least it wasn't coaches smirking in a corner because a kid got away with a legal but intent to do harm..move

and no, that was not geared at ND or Seymour

The ND / Seymore results were unclear as to who got DQ'd in the finals match at 171. Wrestlers and schools got mixed up.

What was the team point dedected from Seymore over ?

I am guessing one of the 71s will not be eligible for regions and states because of the DQ. Does the punishment fit the crime in this case ?

QUOTE(humphreyssm @ Feb 4 2007 - 04:04 PM) 826358261[/snapback]

calm down matbrat 5...this is a place for complaing..all is good...

you can't judge a whole community by actions of a couple..lol..although i've been known to get into a match or two myself...at least it wasn't coaches smirking in a corner because a kid got away with a legal but intent to do harm..move

and no, that was not geared at ND or Seymour

Rusty and the Seymour parents have been building this great team since AAU 8 years ago. It is sad that a few Red Necks spoil it for a great program. I saw both of the men that I think matcat was refering too. They did the same thing at the indiv region 2 tourney last year.

I would have thought someone would have said something by now.

QUOTE(maj @ Feb 4 2007 - 05:55 PM) 826358342[/snapback]

The ND / Seymore results were unclear as to who got DQ'd in the finals match at 171. Wrestlers and schools got mixed up.

I am guessing one of the 71s will not be eligible for regions and states because of the DQ. Does the punishment fit the crime in this case ?

It's not scored as a DQ. The Seymour wrestler couldn't continue because of an illegal slam. Officially, the Seymour wrestler wins by injury default.

QUOTE(maj @ Feb 4 2007 - 05:55 PM) 826358342[/snapback]

No one got DQ'd in 171. It was an illegal slam and Seymour got hurt. Couldnt countinue, so Seymour gets the win. INJ DEF

After the match, a wrestler ACCIDENTALLY knocked a chair over, put it back up as soon as he did it. Then a ND "PARENT" came out of the stands and told the ref the Seymour was knockin chairs over and deducted a team point.

QUOTE(BayouBear @ Feb 4 2007 - 06:03 PM) 826358357[/snapback]

It's not scored as a DQ. The Seymour wrestler couldn't continue because of an illegal slam. Officially, the Seymour wrestler wins by injury default.

Thanks for the info. I hope the kid who was slammed is OK. Glad no one was DQ'd. Unless it is something way out of line and with malice I would hate to see a kid have to sit out for 2 dates this time of year.

QUOTE(rigger101 @ Feb 4 2007 - 06:57 PM) 826358349[/snapback]

Rusty and the Seymour parents have been building this great team since AAU 8 years ago. It is sad that a few Red Necks spoil it for a great program. I saw both of the men that I think matcat was refering too. They did the same thing at the indiv region 2 tourney last year.

I would have thought someone would have said something by now.

thanks for the compliment rigger101...i wasn't there...and not sure who these "rednecks" were cause most of "us rednecks" are with the middle school ..haha

yeo i'm including myself..my neck is red...but i have never said any of the above listed from the others above.

it may have been addressed...but again..."us rednecks" are a lil hard to handle or convince to act otherwise...my apologies for their actions...what was going on in the match to prompt it if any?

Those men may be from Seymour but they sure don't reflect the wrestling program and community. My wife and I were sitting right next to them and moved. They were drunk. So we move 5 rows down and a drunk from Ryan sat right behind us. But as it kicked in, he became a quiet sot Congrats to ND. Hang in there Seymour your future is bright. We felt safe over all as a lot of Red Raiders were around us to protect us.

QUOTE(noonesfool @ Feb 4 2007 - 08:05 PM) 826358409[/snapback]

Those men may be from Seymour but they sure don't reflect the wrestling program and community. My wife and I were sitting right next to them and moved. They were drunk. So we move 5 rows down and a drunk from Ryan sat right behind us. But as it kicked in, he became a quiet sot Congrats to ND. Hang in there Seymour your future is bright. We felt safe over all as a lot of Red Raiders were around us to protect us.

drunk? well that explains a lil more...thanks for the compliment