Brentwood Academy (19-2) vs. Liberty (25-3)

mfalc04

QUOTE(seabass @ Feb 5 2007 - 09:31 AM) 826358997[/snapback]

hello everyone,just to let you know that we will be broadcating the game on the radio on 101.5 FM in Jackson.If you are not in range you can listen to the game at wnws.com,click on the audio icon and stream it live if you would like to hear the game.It should be alot of fun. Sea Bass

Hey....just wanted to thank ya'll for the coverage . You think ya'll will do the Lexington game?

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(backinthaoc @ Feb 6 2007 - 05:02 AM) 826360088[/snapback]

Congrats to Liberty...It will be fun watching you guys again in Murfreesboro win the state championship after Union City wins 1A....

Congrats to Liberty, they proved last night to be the best team in the state. Liberty's quickness was the difference. Both these teams should be repeat (in Liberty's case) and 5-peat champs (BA) come March.

QUOTE(montague1 @ Feb 5 2007 - 09:39 PM) 826359841[/snapback]

This Liberty team is just on another level. On another thread I posted that I can't remember when there was such a clear cut favorite to win state in AA. Its Liberty and then everybody else.

Montague1,

I'm sorry to rain on your Liberty Championship-Parade, but I'd like to point out a couple of facts:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1) HELLO: Liberty LOST to Memphis Raleigh Egypt, this season....remember? (just because Liberty opted not to count the loss, doesn't mean it didn't happen).

I think it's funny how everyone seems to conveniently forget about that, in an exuberant quest to annoint Liberty as the "best team in all classes," just because they shellacked Brentwood Acadamy!

2) Memphis Booker T. Washington is 21 wins (or so) and only 1 loss.

To those of you who have not seen them play...BTW is the real deal. They are MORE than capable of dethroning Liberty. Trust me--it would NOT be an "upset," either!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Listen, Liberty obviously has a great team, but let's not get carried away here! Liberty is not as clear-cut a favorite to win State, as many Liberty Bandwagoners would like to think!

Beware: Memphis BTW is a BONA FIDE threat to win the State AA Championship!

Question: If Liberty is the best team in the State, all classes, then what does that make Memphis Raleigh Egypt, the team that defeated Liberty?

QUOTE(TraderB @ Feb 6 2007 - 11:36 PM) 826361512[/snapback]

Montague1,

I'm sorry to rain on your Liberty Championship-Parade, but I'd like to point out a couple of facts:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1) HELLO: Liberty LOST to Memphis Raleigh Egypt, this season....remember? (just because Liberty opted not to count the loss, doesn't mean it didn't happen).

I think it's funny how everyone seems to conveniently forget about that, in an exuberant quest to annoint Liberty as the "best team in all classes," just because they shellacked Brentwood Acadamy!

2) Memphis Booker T. Washington is 21 wins (or so) and only 1 loss.

To those of you who have not seen them play...BTW is the real deal. They are MORE than capable of dethroning Liberty. Trust me--it would NOT be an "upset," either!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Listen, Liberty obviously has a great team, but let's not get carried away here! Liberty is not as clear-cut a favorite to win State, as many Liberty Bandwagoners would like to think!

Beware: Memphis BTW is a BONA FIDE threat to win the State AA Championship!

Question: If Liberty is the best team in the State, all classes, then what does that make Memphis Raleigh Egypt, the team that defeated Liberty?

That means they won that night. Raleigh Egypt loss to Ridgeway and Liberty blasted Ridgeway, so what's your point? You don't have one.