Livingston Academy vs. Upperman

LA Wildcats

Back on topic. The bench for UHS is deeper than anything I have seen in many years of basketball. They beat you with the press, they beat you in the half court, the "out physical" your man to man, they out shoot your zone, the play better half court D than anyone I have seen in 25 years of actually PAYING ATTENTION to these things.

But I know where this game is, and who it is against, and that will make a difference.

I do not have kids/relatives/friends/etc at either of these schools, so relatively impartial, I have to say......

Upperman by 8.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your right playing at LA makes a difference. LA will have to be on top of their game to win this.... it will be close but I say LA by 4.

Upperman is a great team but York proved Upperman could be beat. As far as Upperman is better in every aspect than LA ….I totally disagree. LA has as many strong points as the bees…to each their own. I will give credit where it is due but these girls deserve more than they are getting.

I do not mean to discredit or disrespect LA in any way. And I feel that this game will probably be low scoring as well. These are both fine teams that will be trouble for a lot of teams in the next couple weeks. I will stick with my 8, and I 100% respect your 4. And we can meet back here next week and see how far off we were!!

upperman has everyone healthy now and will be very hard to beat although in years past they have a tendency to lose late when they shoud've won but if la tries to run upperman wins big.La is a good defensive team and thier best chance is a controled game and they could win but even at that i still pick upperman by 8

QUOTE(hoops fan2 @ Feb 7 2007 - 10:04 AM) 826361909[/snapback]

this does not make sense in a 7 team district ---

if only one gets a by -- you have six left --- equals three games to be played first as the number one waits ---

if one and two get a bye --- that leaves five teams to play -- so somebody won't play the same number of games by the end -- so which FOUR teams play first ??

this makes no sense -- help me understand

Read my post about the brackets and times(another thread).

First tourney games are play-in games. (6 vs 7) Boys and girls

That gets the team total to even numbers.

QUOTE(jimbo44 @ Feb 7 2007 - 09:01 PM) 826362772[/snapback]

Read my post about the brackets and times(another thread).

First tourney games are play-in games. (6 vs 7) Boys and girls

That gets the team total to even numbers.

thanks makes sense now --- who thought of doing this

and when ??

i don't really understand the motivating factor behind it -- i'm all about the underdogs, but typically a sixth and seventh place teams do not win a championship ----

what is the title of your other thread?

thanks for your time

QUOTE(The General @ Feb 7 2007 - 10:47 PM) 826362991[/snapback]

I would like to see the Cats take this one, but I believe the girls will be saving it for tourney time.

LA loses in a hard fought game by 6.

I don't know if it will do any good to save it until tourney time. If my information is correct, the district and region are both played on Uppermans home floor.

QUOTE(66wildcat @ Feb 8 2007 - 08:52 AM) 826363217[/snapback]

I don't know if it will do any good to save it until tourney time. If my information is correct, the district and region are both played on Uppermans home floor.

Must be nice to have both tournaments on your home floor. That would make it that much sweeter if LA beat them in the finals of the region then. Wouldn't bother me if LA beat them 3 times though... GO LA.

QUOTE(Disrespect @ Feb 8 2007 - 09:41 AM) 826363298[/snapback]

Upperman dominates right from the start.

Lady Bees by double digits.

I hope not, because that wouldn't be any fun to watch.

QUOTE(senator @ Feb 7 2007 - 04:50 PM) 826362458[/snapback]

upperman has everyone healthy now and will be very hard to beat although in years past they have a tendency to lose late when they shoud've won but if la tries to run upperman wins big.La is a good defensive team and thier best chance is a controled game and they could win but even at that i still pick upperman by 8

I think that LA could run with them. Guess we just have to wait and see.

QUOTE(smash @ Feb 6 2007 - 11:06 PM) 826361468[/snapback]

What in the world is a hogeye?

a element in the fore head that a hog has two of and uses to look with (but in la's case a community in overton co that produced a group of good athetes several years ago and the name became a slogan for the wildcats)