Grace @ Cosby

old24eagle

ramtough68, Welcome to CoachT. It seems like a large percentage of posts on here now is "belittling and degrading" each other and other schools. As you said nobody wants to "give credit to the young men and women that are playing in these games, working hard to improve, giving their best efforts for their school and team."

I give Grace a lot of credit for the turnaround they have made this season.

This program will continue to have success. They're a young team and program. That had to be a tough enviroment and a tough loss Tuesday night. The Ram players handled it with a lot of heart and class. Good luck the rest of the season (Just not against The Eagles)

I'm proud of the way the Cosby TEAM is playing of late. The Lowe Brothers and the Three Big Men; David Hall, Cody Brown and Russell Valentine are playing great TEAM ball. Also the guards coming of the bench are a big factor. These players all have a lot of class and give it 100% all the time. We're proud of you

The Cosby Eagles still have to prove themselves come tournament time when it counts the most. It should be some great games in a few weeks.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(PTSportsWriter @ Feb 7 2007 - 02:15 PM) 826362172[/snapback]

thanks for the kind words blueTEN and sportsfan07

I just want to echo what these two have said.

We are nothing but pleased with the paper's coverage of our Cosby Eagle Teams.

(And I'm not just saying that because me and my wife's picture was on the front of the sports page) Keep up the great work at the PT and on the air.

QUOTE(cosbybball @ Feb 7 2007 - 08:02 PM) 826362621[/snapback]

Could this attitude be part of Cosby's problem this year??? Just a thought!! Sometimes the "I" ball is more important than the "TEAM"!!

Wow, this isnt the first time ive seen you talkin about how bad we are and we are the worst team in years. listen if you are who i think you are that really suprises me. you'd think an ex player would have more good things to say but oh well. listen, trust me this team will be fine, not NEAR as talented as last years team but this years team plays defense. If last years team played some D there might be a gold ball in a trophy case in the eagles nest.

Last year's team was probably the best Cosby has seen, right up there with the Josh Webb and David Savard teams of the past. However, this year's team if they continue to shoot lights out, like they did against Grace has got a chance to make some noise, it's gonna be fun to follow.

Seth, me and you have always got along good and I know what kind of guy you are. I could see how one could come to think you are biased towards CCHS. A lot people don't understand you are just covering CCHS and the Cosby faithful would not like the pope if he covered that bunch. To the Cosby faithful, we've played second fiddle to Cocke County in the media and etc. Fingers have to be pointed at someone. I'm sorry most of the time it's you. See ya around

QUOTE(triathlete @ Feb 8 2007 - 09:39 AM) 826363203[/snapback]

Seth, me and you have always got along good and I know what kind of guy you are. I could see how one could come to think you are biased towards CCHS. A lot people don't understand you are just covering CCHS and the Cosby faithful would not like the pope if he covered that bunch. To the Cosby faithful, we've played second fiddle to Cocke County in the media and etc. Fingers have to be pointed at someone. I'm sorry most of the time it's you. See ya around

Thanks man.

I understand how it goes. I like, but dont like the beat coverage we've started. I like that it does give continuity with the schools and that I know (and Paul does too) whats going on with a school.

But...With school an hour away from the area, I dont usually have the extra 2-3 hours more to travel with you guys, which means I've not seen many CHS games in the past 2 years.

Heard a rumor that you werent playing hardball?

QUOTE(sportsfan07 @ Feb 8 2007 - 08:48 AM) 826363140[/snapback]

Wow, this isnt the first time ive seen you talkin about how bad we are and we are the worst team in years. listen if you are who i think you are that really suprises me. you'd think an ex player would have more good things to say but oh well. listen, trust me this team will be fine, not NEAR as talented as last years team but this years team plays defense. If last years team played some D there might be a gold ball in a trophy case in the eagles nest.

Credit the defense to Coach Flatford. I was shocked at his intensity during a timeout early in the Harriman game when they scored consecutive baskets against some pretty poor defense in the post.

After that timeout, everything defensively was great.

Not sure if defense would've helped last year or (in the future) or not. Class A teams have the unenviable task of playing the Lake Co/Humboldt/Union City trio.

If its not enough that those 3 teams are athletic as all get-out, I know Humboldt (and maybe the other two, not sure. I cant find the classification data) were AA until 2005-06 and are at the top of the Class A lists.

That said, the Eagles style of ball last year was much like Tennessee's, running offense and try and outscore the teams and playing sub-par defense.

QUOTE(PTSportsWriter @ Feb 8 2007 - 10:25 AM) 826363362[/snapback]

Credit the defense to Coach Flatford. I was shocked at his intensity during a timeout early in the Harriman game when they scored consecutive baskets against some pretty poor defense in the post.

After that timeout, everything defensively was great.

Not sure if defense would've helped last year or (in the future) or not. Class A teams have the unenviable task of playing the Lake Co/Humboldt/Union City trio.

If its not enough that those 3 teams are athletic as all get-out, I know Humboldt (and maybe the other two, not sure. I cant find the classification data) were AA until 2005-06 and are at the top of the Class A lists.

That said, the Eagles style of ball last year was much like Tennessee's, running offense and try and outscore the teams and playing sub-par defense.

Humboldt and UC both dropped to 1A last year so this is their second year...Humboldt's school pop. is near the top and UC's is higher than an average 1A school but you won't see these schools going back to 2A anytime soon...UC loses a lot of kids to Obion Co. and Humboldt is losing more and more kids every year to Gibson Co. and private schools in Jackson...They're also building a new high school in Medina (I believe) which will send some of the kids going to Humboldt that way as well...As for Lake Co., they've been in the 1A ranks for as long as I've followed them...They're not a very big school at all...

QUOTE(sportsfan07 @ Feb 8 2007 - 08:48 AM) 826363140[/snapback]

Last years team was a VERY TALENTED TEAM, but they could have played the best game of their lives and still not have beaten Humbolt. Like I said, Cosby had a great team last year but were just out manned in every way last year. It would have taken a bigger miracle than USA over Russia in the 1980 winter olympics for Cosby to have beaten Humbolt last year. Not a hater just a realist!!!!

QUOTE(cosbybball @ Feb 7 2007 - 08:02 PM) 826362621[/snapback]

Could this attitude be part of Cosby's problem this year??? Just a thought!! Sometimes the "I" ball is more important than the "TEAM"!!

From what I've heard the the "two headed monster" is now a cyclopse. What happended to Rhone this time? Now only if they can get #21 to play some team ball !!!!!!

QUOTE(dick vitale @ Feb 8 2007 - 03:47 PM) 826363824[/snapback]

From what I've heard the the "two headed monster" is now a cyclopse. What happended to Rhone this time? Now only if they can get #21 to play some team ball !!!!!!

Did 21 shoot rone's eyes out like he did the other night against Grace? I think he scored over 30. If Cosby continues to shoot the rock as good as they have been, I'm telling you they're capable of making some noise in the postseason. They have though gotten better since Rone left under somewhat "mysterious" circumstances, he's kinda like the "Magic Man" from Talladega Nights, "Now you see me, now you don't". As long as the twins continue to penetrate and dish off, and play that intense defense they do, they'll be okay.