krichunaka

1) Elizabethton

2) Cloudland

3) Unicoi County

4) Happy Valley

4) Hampton

6) Unaka

7) Johnson County

Elizabethton has the size, quality depth, experience and leadership to play their way to Murfreesboro. The Lady Cyclones held Unicoi County to thirty-two pointsTuesday, then more than doubled Johncon County, 70-34 Friday.

Cloudland defeated North Greene by sixteen, in Roan Mountain, to stay unbeaten in conference and Tri-County Seven play. At Unaka, Tuesday, and at home against Hampton Friday.

Unicoi County suffered two losses; certainly not the way to be playing this time of year. If the Lady Blue Devils don't get better, and soon, the game at South Greene this Friday could be really ugly.

Happy Valley defeated a very talented Unicoi County team Friday night, but also lost twice, to Daniel Boone - 69 - 55; and to West Greene 44 - 60, both at home. The Lady Warriors win over Hampton a week earlier keeps them in a tie with the Lady Bulldogs.

Hampton had two huge conference wins to secure the second seed for the District Tournament, and in so doing, left the two victims, North Greene and Unaka, probably needing to win a coin toss to avoid the play in game, unless the Lady Rangers can upset Cloudland on Tuesday.

Unaka lost at Hampton by four. Coach Leon Tolley said this game, like the game at Unaka, could've gone either way. He's right, but ultimately, the Lady Bulldogs had the determination to stall Unaka's comeback.

Johnson County seems at times, to be improving, but having to face Cloudland, South Greene, and Elizabethton in the same week was asking a lot.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1.Elizabethton

2. Cloudland

3. Happy Valley

4. Unicoi County

5. Hampton

6. Unaka

7. Johnson County

Elizabethton and Cloudland have started to seperate themselves from the rest of the field. Krich, don't see how you can rank Unicoi County above Happy Valley with Happy Valley just defeating them. Sure I think UC has the better team but for this week HV has to be ahead of them. Give the Valley some credit. This might be their only chance. Hampton with their win over Unaka remain a strong 5th, while Unaka is better than Johnson County.

screenandroll,

I struggled with Happy Valley's, and for that matter, Hampton's ratings. My only sure vote this week is the Lady Rangers. A great quarter-and-a-half effort wasn't enough to keep them above the sixth spot.

The Lady Bulldogs are such an inspirational story. They did a great job of withstanding Unaka's fourth quarter charge, plus defended Nicole McKinsey and her Lady Huskies teammates, to defeat North Greene. Very Impressive.

And, was it coachh17, or CycloneFan who said Happy Valley could be the spoiler in the upcoming District One AA Tournament? Great observation. Looks like the Lady Warriors have begun their surge early. Coach Godsey deserves a lot of credit there.

Happy Valley lost two games this week - as did Unicoi County - and Hampton lost to the Lady Warriors the week previous. And though, I've continued to insist that this is a weekly poll, ultimately, I think that if anything, the Number One Lady Cyclones had a great deal to do with the Friday loss by Unicoi County. And this is not to reduce the effect of the Lady Warrior's efforts, but rather to focus on the overall week of action. Defeating Unicoi County, after losing to West Greene and Daniel Boone, both by double-digit margins, is hard to overcome.

Finally, I realize I don't have a good argument in this one; and in fact, that's why I suggested earlier, that at the end of the week, we give full consideration to Everyone's votes.

Happy Valley is a hard team to figure out. They played well in the summer and started the season pretty strong, but have been very inconsistent the last few weeks. Big rivalry game tonight at home against the Lady Cyclones. I expect we will get HV's best shot, and must come out and play with intensity from the opening tip.

Hampton beat Johnson County in OT last night. Johnson County led by 15 at one point.

1. Elizabethton-as long as they are on the juice

2. Cloudland-17 wins this year, soon to be 20

3. Happy Valley-they have climbed the ladder.

4. Unicoi- stick a fork in em' they're done.

5. Hampton-preparing to be spanked

6. Johnson County-they would definately beat Unaka

7. Unaka-right where they belong.

QUOTE(THE KING @ Feb 6 2007 - 10:31 AM) 826360265[/snapback]

1. Elizabethton-as long as they are on the juice

2. Cloudland-17 wins this year, soon to be 20

3. Happy Valley-they have climbed the ladder.

4. Unicoi- stick a fork in em' they're done.

5. Hampton-preparing to be spanked

6. Johnson County-they would definately beat Unaka

7. Unaka-right where they belong.

KING,

I agree with everything you said . . . .except nearly ALL of it.

1) Anyone who thinks Unicoi County is already done, is well - - - Done.

2) Johnson County plays Unaka next Monday, so we'll soon find out; but for now, I think "Definitely" is a little too strong.

3) And, with sincere congratulations on your 17 Wins, one of the listed victories is "59-30" over Mitchell County, North Carolina. You might want to correct that one, because, as I recall, Mitchell County broomed ya'll this season.

QUOTE(THE KING @ Feb 6 2007 - 01:29 PM) 826360532[/snapback]

Trust me, after tonight the Lady Rangers won't have the legs to beat Johnson County!

Could be; but those Lady Rangers won't be a pushover, for either team.

I'm off to the barn; going to feed a little early so we can broadcast tonight's game. And you're buying dinner; I'll pay for D. B.'s