Hillwood Looking for New Coach

Guest workinprogress

Guest workinprogress

According to today's Tennessean, Hillwood has let Bobby Baskin go after only one year. The hilltoppers were 0-10 last season under Baskin. In the article it states that there was a conflict between the administrations philosophy and the coach's philosophy and that the 0-10 season didnt have anything to do with it. What exactly does this mean. Bobby is a good coach and has been in the system for a while and is respected. Just curious if some of the topper community will get on here and explain all of this. So who will go for the job now? And maybe even the better question, why would they want to if you only have a year to prove yourself worthy to be in an awful situation that may have just gotten worse.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Coach Darnell (currently on staff) or Coach Phillips (Centennial) will be the next HC imo. Good luck to whoever gets the job. Next year is the only year that Hillwood will be able to compete for a playoff berth as they have a good group of Juniors coming back. What about BigChief for the gig. Just kidding!

I watched "The Great Escape" this past weekend with Steve McQueen. Great movie. It also reminded me of another "escape" I made about 1 1/2 years ago. You as well 12NCS.

I tell people all the time to stay away. Words cannot describe the situation there. Apparently getting worse all the time. Oh yeah, I would say your listing of potential candidates is pretty close. At least in one aspect.

There's also Coach Keaton who is a former head coach who teachers at the school and Coach Overton from (Stratford) who Ive heard from people around the school might be the man for the job. I love Coach Darnell and I believe that him or Coach Overton are the best coaches for the job. They both have school spirit and they both have a love for the kids.

QUOTE(bigchief @ Feb 6 2007 - 11:06 AM) 826360321[/snapback]

I would also tell Hooper to avoid the middle building. 2-21 is dangerous ground. With Lark it doesn't matter. That is expected.

Hey Bigchief... what do you think about this position? Will they look outside of metro or will it be another internal hire?