District 7A Tournamnet

BuffaloFan

QUOTE(titanjo @ Feb 12 2007 - 03:29 PM) 826368978[/snapback]

Watch out for Down Town Jim Brown and those Lady Devils he has an act of getting his team to play well this time of year after they beat PC they just mite have one more upset special left for the Range to make it RBS and JC in District Championship dont be Surprised!!!

What about Clay County don't they always have a trick at District. And what about Lamar, he always comes up with a new trick for District.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I watched the Hermitage Springs boys and girls teams play in what will likely be the last game in their schools history last night at LA. It was a bittersweet sort of feeling for me as I watched the games and how the fans, players and coaches reacted throughout the night.

In the girls game Red Boiling Springs was the team that I had heard about all year. They are one of the top teams in the state and showed just that. I set back and watched as a small but close knit community HS supported their girls team even though they were heavily outmanned. I never saw any kind of animosity towards RBS by anyone from Hermitage Springs. The HS girls were just out there competing and giving their all and never seemed to even care they were playing against one of the state's best girls team. I was really impressed with the character that those girls displayed and the sportsmanship they had. They sure was proud of their team and school.

In the boys game HS played a real good team in Pickett Co. After a fast paced game HS fell to PC by around 20 or so. I was surprised with HS boys team and the athletes they had. I was also impressed with their coaches. I was told that the head coach had a stellar career in KY before he came to HS and was one of the best coaches in that area. The asst coach was an ex -player some 20 yrs ago at HS. There is 2 fine coaches that any program would love to have.

Those are a few of the good things I noticed about the HS programs. That they had as much or not more spirit for their school as any I have seen. And under the circumstances I was really surprised to see those boys and girls teams give everything they had until the final second ticked off the clock. I really felt the hurt for those kids, coaches and the parents after the game that their school and the things that bring communities together will no longer be. Good luck to Hermitage Springs I hope your community can stay as close as I witnessed last night.

QUOTE(Juicy @ Feb 13 2007 - 12:49 PM) 826370225[/snapback]

I watched the Hermitage Springs boys and girls teams play in what will likely be the last game in their schools history last night at LA. It was a bittersweet sort of feeling for me as I watched the games and how the fans, players and coaches reacted throughout the night.

In the girls game Red Boiling Springs was the team that I had heard about all year. They are one of the top teams in the state and showed just that. I set back and watched as a small but close knit community HS supported their girls team even though they were heavily outmanned. I never saw any kind of animosity towards RBS by anyone from Hermitage Springs. The HS girls were just out there competing and giving their all and never seemed to even care they were playing against one of the state's best girls team. I was really impressed with the character that those girls displayed and the sportsmanship they had. They sure was proud of their team and school.

In the boys game HS played a real good team in Pickett Co. After a fast paced game HS fell to PC by around 20 or so. I was surprised with HS boys team and the athletes they had. I was also impressed with their coaches. I was told that the head coach had a stellar career in KY before he came to HS and was one of the best coaches in that area. The asst coach was an ex -player some 20 yrs ago at HS. There is 2 fine coaches that any program would love to have.

Those are a few of the good things I noticed about the HS programs. That they had as much or not more spirit for their school as any I have seen. And under the circumstances I was really surprised to see those boys and girls teams give everything they had until the final second ticked off the clock. I really felt the hurt for those kids, coaches and the parents after the game that their school and the things that bring communities together will no longer be. Good luck to Hermitage Springs I hope your community can stay as close as I witnessed last night.

Question...Is the High School at Hermitage Springs being closed or is it just that they will not have a team next year. One of the most important things to a comunity is its high school and sport teams. When this is gone so is the Community. Have seen it too many times!!!!

QUOTE(BuffaloFan @ Feb 13 2007 - 08:01 PM) 826370704[/snapback]

Monterey eliminates Clay County!

MHS 61 CCHS 55

this is why you better be ready to play at tournament time,

does not matter who you are playing.

you best put on your game face & take no prisoners.

play as hard as you can, don't stop till that horn goes off.

because you might be packing your bags and going home

if you don't give it your all every night.