Underestimated teams

Laydown

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(The Zon @ Mar 15 2007 - 10:51 PM) 826413572[/snapback]alcoa could shock some teams this year.

how have you done so far in the regular season akula?

We've not played a match yet, first one is friday night at home against cosby. We are playing in a blount county tournament in a week with Heritage, William Blount, and Maryville, so we'll get to see where we are at very quickly. Thanks for the kind comment Zon. Have we faced off in a match yet? I am a coach, but I like to meet as many players as I can. I gotta mention Seymour as a team that is much improved this year along with Carter, who will be tough if for no other reason than having Sherrod up top, he scores a ton of goals.

QUOTE(blessedrine @ Mar 17 2007 - 12:02 AM) 826415017[/snapback]Big win for the LaVergne coach. Surprising though, his best player transfered to a school in Kansas. I think his name was Forrest.

haha yeeees good old forrest!! lavergne should have had a shut out really. with about 4 minutes left our goalie made a great save and the ball went to the side of the goal, and then a hendersonville player pushed our goalie out of the way, the ref blew the whistle for a foul, then the hendersonville player turned and shot and scored, all of the lavergne players stopped playing because of the foul call, but the ref counted the goal after the foul. but this is a HUGE win for lavergne. hopefully we earn some respect after this.

Cascade will be a suprise team this year. They have tons of experience with all most every player returning from last year. With new forwards Seth Day and Ricky Hord, new sweeper Travis Jenkins, and with returning players Albert Hatchett, Daniel Faulk, Timo Murray, Adrian Vazquez, Zack Wolf, Josh Gathright, and Caleb Davis, they have what it takes to suprise any team out there.

QUOTE(akula21 @ Mar 15 2007 - 10:26 PM) 826413647[/snapback]We've not played a match yet, first one is friday night at home against cosby. We are playing in a blount county tournament in a week with Heritage, William Blount, and Maryville, so we'll get to see where we are at very quickly. Thanks for the kind comment Zon. Have we faced off in a match yet? I am a coach, but I like to meet as many players as I can. I gotta mention Seymour as a team that is much improved this year along with Carter, who will be tough if for no other reason than having Sherrod up top, he scores a ton of goals.

Akula...I look forward to seeing Alcoa play a game. I think it is great that they are making a name for themselves. Also, the Blount County Tournament is a great idea. Hopefully, some people in the County will take an interest and see how exciting as game can be. Good luck this season. As far as your statement about Carter High...it will be interesting to see them when they play a good team! They should schedule as many as they can and get used to the better competition ASAP!! I know that most of the Carter High players went to a camp at the University of the Cumberlands in Kentucky. This is ran by Paulo Neto and is a fantastic camp for teams to go to. My youngest son's competative team went and they loved it.

Good luck Carter!!!

QUOTE(pseudophobia @ Mar 22 2007 - 09:32 PM) 826420622[/snapback]Akula...I look forward to seeing Alcoa play a game. I think it is great that they are making a name for themselves. Also, the Blount County Tournament is a great idea. Hopefully, some people in the County will take an interest and see how exciting as game can be. Good luck this season. As far as your statement about Carter High...it will be interesting to see them when they play a good team! They should schedule as many as they can and get used to the better competition ASAP!! I know that most of the Carter High players went to a camp at the University of the Cumberlands in Kentucky. This is ran by Paulo Neto and is a fantastic camp for teams to go to. My youngest son's competative team went and they loved it.

Good luck Carter!!!

pseudo, come check us out. I think we are making strides but we are still a work in progress. I agree with you on scheduling as many tough matches as you can. That was the reasoning behind playing maryville, oak ridge, christian brothers, and bearden out of district. Some people were very skeptical, but who cares about your record if you have your banquet the second week in may every year? If anyone is looking for a game to watch, Maryville and Alcoa face off friday night at 6 at William Blount High School.

QUOTE(akula21 @ Mar 22 2007 - 09:27 PM) 826420677[/snapback]pseudo, come check us out. I think we are making strides but we are still a work in progress. I agree with you on scheduling as many tough matches as you can. That was the reasoning behind playing maryville, oak ridge, christian brothers, and bearden out of district. Some people were very skeptical, but who cares about your record if you have your banquet the second week in may every year? If anyone is looking for a game to watch, Maryville and Alcoa face off friday night at 6 at William Blount High School.

I will see you guys play! Thanks for the info.