District 7-AAA

rhs1234

QUOTE(magoo043 @ Apr 25 2007 - 09:30 PM) 826445502[/snapback]I saw my name on the wall!!!!!!!!! I got some air time!!!!!!!!!!! /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Yeah man, I noticed that too. PJ and Tyler sounded great!!!!!!!! Very nice clip......take NOTE DNJ!!

• Replies 884
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(2priceless @ Apr 25 2007 - 04:09 PM) 826445284[/snapback]I like Reavis a lot myself.

I think he is a good man who loves what he does, and does what is right for his players.

If you ask me, maybe Coach Powers is the one who is underachieving right now. Five district losses for the team picked to win the district?

we was picked to win the district(if we were im not sure who picked it) becasue of our history and becasue of chad and will. i think most people was picking and have been picking oakland for a while because of all the talent they have.

as far as our team i think pitching has been a concern and it has been proven to be one i dont think hitting was gonna be much of a concern unfortunatly it has been...we needed kids like my boy and a few others to step up and they havent done as I had hoped although mine is starting to get the bat on the ball pretty good and putting it in play hopefully witht he extra work he is putting in right now it will pay of starting with siegel and carryover into the tournament but we need about 3 or 4 others to step up also...but i disagree with coach powers underachieveing he cant make the kids swing the bat and feild the ball...his job is to make the kids better and i can tell you from freshman year til this year my son is ALOT better no he isnt college material but he is about average high school player and he hasnt been performing like that at the plate so we need him and several more to step it up and start making plays with the bat

QUOTE(riverdaleman @ Apr 25 2007 - 10:42 PM) 826445612[/snapback]we was picked to win the district(if we were im not sure who picked it) becasue of our history and becasue of chad and will. i think most people was picking and have been picking oakland for a while because of all the talent they have.

as far as our team i think pitching has been a concern and it has been proven to be one i dont think hitting was gonna be much of a concern unfortunatly it has been...we needed kids like my boy and a few others to step up and they havent done as I had hoped although mine is starting to get the bat on the ball pretty good and putting it in play hopefully witht he extra work he is putting in right now it will pay of starting with siegel and carryover into the tournament but we need about 3 or 4 others to step up also...but i disagree with coach powers underachieveing he cant make the kids swing the bat and feild the ball...his job is to make the kids better and i can tell you from freshman year til this year my son is ALOT better no he isnt college material but he is about average high school player and he hasnt been performing like that at the plate so we need him and several more to step it up and start making plays with the bat

You don't get coach of the year if "my son" has improved. Baseball is a team sport it's not about "my son" and what he has done. If that was the case then that redneck in the fourth row up should be thrown into the mix according to him his son is batting .750 and all the times he got out it was the umpires fault.

QUOTE(smiley01 @ Apr 25 2007 - 09:49 PM) 826445623[/snapback]You don't get coach of the year if "my son" has improved. Baseball is a team sport it's not about "my son" and what he has done. If that was the case then that redneck in the fourth row up should be thrown into the mix according to him his son is batting .750 and all the times he got out it was the umpires fault.

sorry i went into defending coach powers underachieveing not aboiut being coahc of the year...i was giving my OPINION of why we are not doing as weel as we have been doing in the past and i wasnt blaming MY SON i used my son as an example of one of the many kids that need to step up i am NOT going to call another person kid out on here but i will MY SON as an example of someon that needs to step up and i am not BLAMING anyone for his performance i was simply stating that he is one of many that need to step up

QUOTE(smiley01 @ Apr 25 2007 - 09:57 PM) 826445628[/snapback]And how can you make a point against Coach Hawks for how he has turned that team around in a year?

what do you mean? He has had TONS of talent WITH 3 GUYS already getting D1 schoalrships BEFORE the season started that is not including a few pitchers that sit on the bench becasue the pitching staff is so deep over there that may have a chance to pitch in college and it doesnt include drew fann who is keeping his options open or at least i havent heard whats in his futer yet and it doesnt include Tbone who is gonna sign somewhere...he has done a good job of fixing whatever was broke but he clearly has the talent to do what is happening over there in fact i was one last year talking about how good they were gonna be

QUOTE(riverdaleman @ Apr 25 2007 - 11:10 PM) 826445637[/snapback]what do you mean? He has had TONS of talent WITH 3 GUYS already getting D1 schoalrships BEFORE the season started that is not including a few pitchers that sit on the bench becasue the pitching staff is so deep over there that may have a chance to pitch in college and it doesnt include drew fann who is keeping his options open or at least i havent heard whats in his futer yet and it doesnt include Tbone who is gonna sign somewhere...he has done a good job of fixing whatever was broke but he clearly has the talent to do what is happening over there in fact i was one last year talking about how good they were gonna be

Well i just think it's funny how defensive you get over anything that has to do w/ Oakland since riverdale isn't the big dog this year and might not see the region tournament for the first time in a long time. And it's baseball any team can beat anyone especially in this district and to be 33-1 is very impressive and I don't see how there is any other choice besides him with their record last year and what they have done this year.