District 7-AAA

rhs1234

QUOTE(smiley01 @ Apr 25 2007 - 10:14 PM) 826445641[/snapback]Well i just think it's funny how defensive you get over anything that has to do w/ Oakland since riverdale isn't the big dog this year and might not see the region tournament for the first time in a long time. And it's baseball any team can beat anyone especially in this district and to be 33-1 is very impressive and I don't see how there is any other choice besides him with their record last year and what they have done this year.

I am not sure how i am being "defensive" about coach of the year to be honest i really dont care a whole lot about that however...i think there have been several other coaches who has done a good COACHING job with less talent and has made this district so wide open other than oakland dont get me wrong i respect what oakland had done but other coaches like reavis has gotten more done with less...how about this question for you...if you was coaching the oakland team what kind of record do you think you would have now if you was coaching siegel what kind of record would you have?

• Replies 884
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(riverdaleman @ Apr 25 2007 - 11:35 PM) 826445656[/snapback]I am not sure how i am being "defensive" about coach of the year to be honest i really dont care a whole lot about that however...i think there have been several other coaches who has done a good COACHING job with less talent and has made this district so wide open other than oakland dont get me wrong i respect what oakland had done but other coaches like reavis has gotten more done with less...how about this question for you...if you was coaching the oakland team what kind of record do you think you would have now if you was coaching siegel what kind of record would you have?

You can't answer that question because what if all the players that have signed were just a bunch of individuals? You would have a break down at some point but how many players did Siegel lose last year? I wasn't thinking t was many and last year they ha a bunch of young talent

QUOTE(smiley01 @ Apr 25 2007 - 11:14 PM) 826445641[/snapback]Well i just think it's funny how defensive you get over anything that has to do w/ Oakland since riverdale isn't the big dog this year and might not see the region tournament for the first time in a long time. And it's baseball any team can beat anyone especially in this district and to be 33-1 is very impressive and I don't see how there is any other choice besides him with their record last year and what they have done this year.

Defensive? Between Riverdale and Oakland? LOL!!! Well, at least Riverdale remains the only school to go through the new re-vamped 8-team District 7-AAA season and post-season unscathed

But Coach Hawkes is the Coach of The Year in District 7-AAA for one reason - he is the coach of the Championship Team of the Warrior Spring Classic

QUOTE(riverdaleman @ Apr 25 2007 - 11:35 PM) 826445656[/snapback]I am not sure how i am being "defensive" about coach of the year to be honest i really dont care a whole lot about that however...i think there have been several other coaches who has done a good COACHING job with less talent and has made this district so wide open other than oakland dont get me wrong i respect what oakland had done but other coaches like reavis has gotten more done with less...how about this question for you...if you was coaching the oakland team what kind of record do you think you would have now if you was coaching siegel what kind of record would you have?

I'm still curious, and no one answered my question from last week. How many Oakland baseball players do not live in the Oakland zone? You know, there would be some super teams out there if you could choose who you wanted to play for. This sorta diminishes Oakland'sgreat season just a bit doesn't it????

QUOTE(The Star @ Apr 26 2007 - 03:00 PM) 826446123[/snapback]I'm still curious, and no one answered my question from last week. How many Oakland baseball players do not live in the Oakland zone? You know, there would be some super teams out there if you could choose who you wanted to play for. This sorta diminishes Oakland'sgreat season just a bit doesn't it????

i dont know who lives out of zone but it doesnt diminish it because they still go to the school and actually everyone can shoose where they go..they just might have to move..when i had my house built i told my realtor i want a house that no matter how many high schools they build i will still be in RIVERDALE ZONE so you have a choice...luckily i am a responsible parent and i wont let my kids go to those other school LOL

QUOTE(The Star @ Apr 26 2007 - 04:00 PM) 826446123[/snapback]I'm still curious, and no one answered my question from last week. How many Oakland baseball players do not live in the Oakland zone? You know, there would be some super teams out there if you could choose who you wanted to play for. This sorta diminishes Oakland'sgreat season just a bit doesn't it????

are you serious???????how many do you think there are? you name them hot shot!!!!! barnes did it legally!!! he had to sit out a year. Yeah students can choose to go to Oakland because the county "grandfathered" in so many kids from Siegel Middle to Siegel High. Get your facts straight before you come at us with that crap, junior!!!! How many Siegel students "live" at the Paddock Club apartments?

QUOTE(The Star @ Apr 26 2007 - 04:00 PM) 826446123[/snapback]I'm still curious, and no one answered my question from last week. How many Oakland baseball players do not live in the Oakland zone? You know, there would be some super teams out there if you could choose who you wanted to play for. This sorta diminishes Oakland'sgreat season just a bit doesn't it????

That's rather humorous. Tell me again what zone Medlock lives in?

QUOTE(smiley01 @ Apr 25 2007 - 11:38 PM) 826445658[/snapback]You can't answer that question because what if all the players that have signed were just a bunch of individuals? You would have a break down at some point but how many players did Siegel lose last year? I wasn't thinking t was many and last year they ha a bunch of young talent

Siegel lost 8 guys. 7 seniors and a 2 year starting shortstop. A case can be made for Reavis to get coach of the year. Not saying he will or should but a very solid case can be made for him.