GREENBACK WINS REGION-2 TOURNAMENT

THEANIMAL

HOW CAN A SCHOOL OF ONLY 230 STUDENTS COMPETE WITH SCHOOLS THAT ARE AS MUCH AS 10 TIMES LARGER? I DON'T KNOW BUT GREENBACK, A SMALL COUNTRY SCHOOL IN LOUDON COUNTY, BEAT THE OTHER 24 SCHOOLS IN THE REGION-2 WRESTLING TOURNAMENT TODAY. THIS VICTORY WAS ONE OF THE MOST AMAZING THINGS I HAVE SEEN IN SPORTS.

I SALUTE THE GREENBACK NATION,

THE AMINAL

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(GFD756 @ Feb 10 2007 - 08:55 PM) 826366728[/snapback]

yeah but i actually think they have like 270 something,and are only graduating 2 seniors and one didn't wrestle at the tourney.eddie (long) congrats for being outstanding wrestler, but gary sluder really stepped up against krammer from william blount.good job nation

They might be ready for ND now

Congratulations to Greenback!!! This is an example of what hard work and dedication will do for someone.

What is the deal with Farragut, Maryville & Bearden? Those schools are large enough and have the financial resources to compete with any team in Tennessee but I never see them doing much of anything. Yes they have a few good individuals but their teams are on the bottom and they don't seem to be getting beter. Are their schools adminstration not supporting them or is it coaching and offseason training that they are lacking?

QUOTE(cbg @ Feb 11 2007 - 08:28 AM) 826367132[/snapback]

Congratulations to Greenback!!! This is an example of what hard work and dedication will do for someone.

What is the deal with Farragut, Maryville & Bearden? Those schools are large enough and have the financial resources to compete with any team in Tennessee but I never see them doing much of anything. Yes they have a few good individuals but their teams are on the bottom and they don't seem to be getting beter. Are their schools adminstration not supporting them or is it coaching and offseason training that they are lacking?

I can answer some of Farraguts. The Admirals have placed as high as 4th in 2003. Over the last 6 yrs Farraguts work out area has been moved 3 X. They went from a garage size work out room to a small class room. They have been through 4 Coaches and only 2 of those were teachers. One left for better pay and the other the school didn't keep.

So no the school does not support the program!