East Tennessee Sectional Small Schools@Sevierville Middle School

FastGunFIfe

So DukeFan, you don't think Oneida, if they can scoot past Cloudland, has the goods to beat Harriman? You are talking about a one loss team, that in that one loss was not even at full strength. I would say that Harriman, provided they win their first game, will face a pretty tall task in getting past the Tribe. But then, thats why they toss it up, huh.?.?

Kaz

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Once again, no disrespect meant towards any team, just acknowleding the talent of Harriman. I believe Harriman has the best player in the boys tournament, PERIOD! Not saying that there are not other really good players out there, but Harriman has a true PLAYER on their team, and the other members of their team are solid as well. They have something at every position, and even have size to go with it all. Best of luck to all teams, but still I am going to stick with Harriman. If they do not win the whole thing, then somebody has truly beaten a great team, and will desrve all the credit in the world, and I will be the first to give them that respect.

That is a very honorable assessment, but unless his name is Micheal Jefferey Jordan you will have a tough time persuading me that one guy can do it all. Oneida by contrast has five starters that can all "light up" a scoreboard on a given night, and they can look to a bench that is very solid as well. What will happen if these two meet, lots of running I would suspect. A track meet will probably ensue if I know these two teams. Oneida is athletic, which should help them guard Mr. Universe . Just kidding! Friday night is gonna be a fun time in Sevier-town!

Kaz

Two good games last night!

Harriman won a last second shot by the best player (sorry don't no his name) as time expired. Oneida won on a bucket from Manis #23 with 14 seconds left. Oneida and cloudland both struggled on offense. (11-9 at the half Cloudland).

Oneida and Harriman advance, were they looking ahead? I should think not since one slip up and its over. How will they crack up against each other? Oneida at their best would be a huge win for anyone this year, problem is they haven't managed to find that spot for four quarters this season. (who has?) I really think they will compete well with Harriman because nothing gets people going like competition! At least thats what I believe. Look, they both got off the hook, I don't expect that to happen again. I would really look forward to a hotly contested game. Pulling for the Indians!

QUOTE(kazam37 @ Feb 15 2007 - 10:40 AM) 826372816[/snapback]

Oneida and Harriman advance, were they looking ahead? I should think not since one slip up and its over. How will they crack up against each other? Oneida at their best would be a huge win for anyone this year, problem is they haven't managed to find that spot for four quarters this season. (who has?) I really think they will compete well with Harriman because nothing gets people going like competition! At least thats what I believe. Look, they both got off the hook, I don't expect that to happen again. I would really look forward to a hotly contested game. Pulling for the Indians!

welll...id like to know if harriman really has a 6'5 guy on the team...thats just wat i have heard dont know if it is true but if it is could be hard for idians to handle....who does everyone think on top players for each team...

The big kid from Harriman is probably 6'2" or 6'3" at the most if I was guessing. But he's got long arms and weighs about 240 (also if I was guessing).

He's not a real offensive threat. He's more of a garbage man around the baskets that's asked to set picks and get rebounds. He's a really solid defender because of his long arms and strength. He also doesn't try to block a lot of shots. He's smart enough to realize that he can alter enough shots without going for blocks and getting into foul trouble.

QUOTE(goosevol @ Feb 15 2007 - 10:00 PM) 826373661[/snapback]

The big kid from Harriman is probably 6'2" or 6'3" at the most if I was guessing. But he's got long arms and weighs about 240 (also if I was guessing).

He's not a real offensive threat. He's more of a garbage man around the baskets that's asked to set picks and get rebounds. He's a really solid defender because of his long arms and strength. He also doesn't try to block a lot of shots. He's smart enough to realize that he can alter enough shots without going for blocks and getting into foul trouble.

ok... wat bout the other players on the team....i heard they have a heck of a point gaurd...and some descent shooting gaurds....so do u think Oneida will handle them...???