The Tennessean?

rigger101

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(rigger101 @ Feb 11 2007 - 02:57 PM) 826367454[/snapback]

What's up with the Tennessean? Isn't Region 7 in Nashville? What about region 5 and 8. Since moving here in Nov 06 all I see is Region 6, Father Ryan and MBA wrestling stories.

It seams like E. Lit would be a great program that has a nice story to tell this year.

Is that the way it is or what?

Region 7's tournament was on Thursday and Friday, look in the Saturday edition for the results.

Region 6 gets covered because I keep them informed as to the schedule of the tournament, as well as who is competing. After it is over i send them results.

Jeff Lockridge was there the entire placement session on Friday at Region 7 and on Saturday at Region 6.

QUOTE(dad45 @ Feb 11 2007 - 03:15 PM) 826367480[/snapback]

Jeff did a nice piece . It should have been more .There was a lot of great things going on at regin 6s tournament . Brad you do the best job anywhere hands down.You need to train the rest of the world on how to run tournaments

I agree, Brad is the man in wrestling in the midstate.

QUOTE(rigger101 @ Feb 11 2007 - 02:57 PM) 826367454[/snapback]

What's up with the Tennessean? Isn't Region 7 in Nashville? What about region 5 and 8. Since moving here in Nov 06 all I see is Region 6, Father Ryan and MBA wrestling stories.

It seams like E. Lit would be a great program that has a nice story to tell this year.

Is that the way it is or what?

I tend to agree with you Rigger. I thought the same thing today. Nick Bundy from H-Ville got some press time last year but he was nationally ranked and probably the best in state at the time. But it does seem to me if it aint Williamson Co., its Privite Schools. In the last month iv'e only seen the Father Ryan Invite, the GP West Invite, a story on the FRA program, and an MBA wrestler, the Region 6 Duals with Overton (which backfired) and the Region 6 individuals today.

QUOTE(tnko @ Feb 11 2007 - 11:37 PM) 826368202[/snapback]

I tend to agree with you Rigger. I thought the same thing today. Nick Bundy from H-Ville got some press time last year but he was nationally ranked and probably the best in state at the time. But it does seem to me if it aint Williamson Co., its Privite Schools. In the last month iv'e only seen the Father Ryan Invite, the GP West Invite, a story on the FRA program, and an MBA wrestler, the Region 6 Duals with Overton (which backfired) and the Region 6 individuals today.

I agree with you and rigger. There are some schools here with good wrestling programs that are beginning to make some noise. But you will never know about them in the tennessean unless you are MBA, FRA,and Father Ryan(just to name a few).

QUOTE(fiscon @ Feb 11 2007 - 03:01 PM) 826367461[/snapback]

Region 7's tournament was on Thursday and Friday, look in the Saturday edition for the results.

Region 6 gets covered because I keep them informed as to the schedule of the tournament, as well as who is competing. After it is over i send them results.

Jeff Lockridge was there the entire placement session on Friday at Region 7 and on Saturday at Region 6.

Good points fiscon. I will find out who should be calling from our Region.

CAn anyone do it?

QUOTE(tnko @ Feb 11 2007 - 11:37 PM) 826368202[/snapback]

when Nic won the state his sophmore year-they left him out of the tennessean-jeff claimed he didnt know who or where Hendersonville was!!! WE set things straight! Its ashame that our wrestlers do not get the credit they are do-its up to us to speak up and be heard!!!LOUD AND CLEAR-we owe it to our kids.

QUOTE(bodock @ Feb 12 2007 - 09:38 AM) 826368412[/snapback]

when Nic won the state his sophmore year-they left him out of the tennessean-jeff claimed he didnt know who or where Hendersonville was!!! WE set things straight! Its ashame that our wrestlers do not get the credit they are do-its up to us to speak up and be heard!!!LOUD AND CLEAR-we owe it to our kids.

Yeah, U need to stop being so meek and mild.

QUOTE(rigger101 @ Feb 12 2007 - 09:31 AM) 826368401[/snapback]

Good points fiscon. I will find out who should be calling from our Region.

CAn anyone do it?

Have one of my crews run the tournament and we will make sure it is publicized, but short of that, send an email to tnsports@tennessean.com or call and ask for Jeff Lockridge.

They still need to do a much better job with wrestling overall at the Tennessean, we as fans and tournament directors need to keep on them about it, basketball and football get the coverage, but seldom unless it is a big tournament, coverage doesn't happen.

I and a few others have been talking about the development of a Tennessee Wrestling magazine, with limited funding, it could be done over the internet, but again information would have to be reported in a timely manner for it to happen.

If I thought that I would have the support and the help to do it, I would consider opening a new site for that purpose.

The goal for it would be to publicize the entire state both high school and college and potentially, middle school if I had the help.

Anybody up for it?

QUOTE(bodock @ Feb 12 2007 - 11:47 AM) 826368598[/snapback]

DONT EVEN GET ME STARTED!!!!!!!

Hey, at least Nic got the Tennessean's big OW of the year award over Kelly Felix last year. When I was talking to the guys over there, they were thinking the results from Nat'ls in Ohio could come into play (I was surprised they knew about them). Obvously they didn't let that stop them from giving that coveted award to our senior, Nic Bundy who earned it over the three previous years (especially as a soph in my book)

More in liine with this topic of coverage,,, they (The Tennssean guys) said coaches are not good about getting them scores or they would consider running more on wrestling. The DNJ in Murfreesboro and Josh Beasley ain't bad, they usually report as coaches keep them posted on things. I just saw a great article on the three Miller kids at Riverdale and we should have some good stuff on Josh Patton if it hasn't already come out.