The Tennessean?

rigger101

QUOTE(soms @ Feb 12 2007 - 05:48 PM) 826369152[/snapback]

Hey, at least Nic got the Tennessean's big OW of the year award over Kelly Felix last year. When I was talking to the guys over there, they were thinking the results from Nat'ls in Ohio could come into play (I was surprised they knew about them). Obvously they didn't let that stop them from giving that coveted award to our senior, Nic Bundy who earned it over the three previous years (especially as a soph in my book)

More in liine with this topic of coverage,,, they (The Tennssean guys) said coaches are not good about getting them scores or they would consider running more on wrestling. The DNJ in Murfreesboro and Josh Beasley ain't bad, they usually report as coaches keep them posted on things. I just saw a great article on the three Miller kids at Riverdale and we should have some good stuff on Josh Patton if it hasn't already come out.

Don't bypass what i said about the Magazine. If you all will help, we can kick it off in the fall.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(soms @ Feb 12 2007 - 05:48 PM) 826369152[/snapback]

The DNJ in Murfreesboro[/b] and Josh Beasley ain't bad, they usually report as coaches keep them posted on things. I just saw a great article on the three Miller kids at Riverdale and we should have some good stuff on Josh Patton if it hasn't already come out.

I think they mostly focus on Riverdale, Oakland, and siegel in Murfreesboro and not the other Rutherford Co. Schools, maybe because the paper is in Murfreesboro.

When Smyrna has their tounament in Jan, only two guys from Rutherford Co. won their respective weight classes. Riddle from Riverdale and Fraizer from Smyrna.... the next day theres a big article in the paper on the Riverdale kid with pictures and a 20 word statement on the Smyrna guy who also had won best match. They wouldn't even give Smyrna's guy any press coverage and Smyrna hosted the tournament!!

QUOTE(hoosierdad @ Feb 13 2007 - 12:04 AM) 826369711[/snapback]

tnko,

What happened to your son? Did he not wrestle in the Regions at 112 lbs? I thought you told me he had returned to the mats. What happened? He was really good.

He did return, but his dedication to preparation wasn't 100% and he knew it. He said he wasn't going to win the important matches he needed to because of it so he decided to bow out of the sport. He says he loves wrestling and still wants to do it...... He's on Coach T everyday checking out results and brackets and hes still at all the tournaments watching from the stands. Heartbreaker for me but a lesson and an even bigger heartbreaker for him later in life.

QUOTE(tnko @ Feb 13 2007 - 12:58 AM) 826369743[/snapback]

He did return, but his dedication to preparation wasn't 100% and he knew it. He said he wasn't going to win the important matches he needed to because of it so he decided to bow out of the sport. He says he loves wrestling and still wants to do it...... He's on Coach T everyday checking out results and brackets and hes still at all the tournaments watching from the stands. Heartbreaker for me but a lesson and an even bigger heartbreaker for him later in life.

Best of luck in the future. Take him to the state and show him he could have been there. You never know, maybe he will come back next year even hungrier for having missed so much this year.

QUOTE(hoosierdad @ Feb 13 2007 - 01:10 PM) 826370255[/snapback]

Best of luck in the future. Take him to the state and show him he could have been there. You never know, maybe he will come back next year even hungrier for having missed so much this year.

I will, and we'll see. thanks

QUOTE(bodock @ Feb 12 2007 - 09:38 AM) 826368412[/snapback]

when Nic won the state his sophmore year-they left him out of the tennessean-jeff claimed he didnt know who or where Hendersonville was!!! WE set things straight! Its ashame that our wrestlers do not get the credit they are do-its up to us to speak up and be heard!!!LOUD AND CLEAR-we owe it to our kids.

Looks like Jeff knows now. There is an article in this morning's Tennessean by Jeff about the state tournament and the first quote is from the coach of Rigger's beloved Commandos.

Maybe Jeff has been sneaking a look at CoachT lately.

QUOTE(tnko @ Feb 13 2007 - 12:58 AM) 826369743[/snapback]

call me brad... I'm in East Tn right now so you'll need to call my cell.