Georgia State Brackets

RMC

I also think Soddy sets the bar high to also they beat Parkview this year at McCallie and lost to them at Oviedo with 3 starters gone. Would be close. Also Roberson beat Olsen at McCallie this year 2-0. So things could go both ways there also. And if Letner would have opened up against Nandor like he did Coffee he would have beat Nandor worse than he did both times they wrestled. Just depends on what Letner shows up against Brooks. Also have watched Banks wrestle quite a few times when he was still at Sequoyah at McCallie he is good but Spain is also. If you never wrestle against people running legs its hard to be good defending them. Have always Respected you RMC but considering the amount of programs you have and the amount of people in GA, which I live in. Its apples and oranges.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(RMC @ Feb 18 2007 - 06:09 PM) 826377927[/snapback]Save your Popcorn money.....I'm all in on 160 too.

Let's see if Spain is right:

103 - TJ Mitchell/Brandon Westerman - Miller/Baucke

112 - Alex Hudson - Jadoobirsingh/Whitaker

119 - Phil Holloway - Johnson/TJ Duncan

125 - Justin Crozier - Garham/Simpson

130 - Ryan Galloway - Johnson/Johnson

135 - Mr. Knapp (beat 164 - 4 Kendall Albert in the finals) - Winesburgh/Young

140 - Raleigh Abbott - Pavlou/Bell

145 - Jesse Miller (last two state finals matches lasted combined 44 seconds) - Felix/Baucke

152 - Carrington Banks - Spain/Doster

160 - Josh Condon - Waddell/Wright

171 - Nathan Swanson - Young (Swanson already beat Bateman)

189 - Olsen - Roberson/Williams (The runner up beat Roberson this year at Oviedo)

215 - BJ Stewart/Brooks Pendleton - Lettner/Bartholomew

285 - Boatright - Sigler/Hermann (I believe Boatright beat Hermann at Kyle Maynard Duals)

Tennessee wins at 125 for sure.

Georgia wins at 125 for sure. Mathew Stanfield beat the state champ from TN along with other place winners at the weight and finished 3rd in AA.

QUOTE(cobrakid8 @ Feb 18 2007 - 06:46 PM) 826377970[/snapback]I also think Soddy sets the bar high to also they beat Parkview this year at McCallie and lost to them at Oviedo with 3 starters gone. Would be close. Also Roberson beat Olsen at McCallie this year 2-0. So things could go both ways there also. And if Letner would have opened up against Nandor like he did Coffee he would have beat Nandor worse than he did both times they wrestled. Just depends on what Letner shows up against Brooks. Also have watched Banks wrestle quite a few times when he was still at Sequoyah at McCallie he is good but Spain is also. If you never wrestle against people running legs its hard to be good defending them. Have always Respected you RMC but considering the amount of programs you have and the amount of people in GA, which I live in. Its apples and oranges.

Thanks for the nice comments.

Nandor finished 3rd. You need to see BJ Stewart at 215 from Pepperell, he wrestles like a 119 or 125 pounder.....and he's 6'7". Brooks Pendleton finished the season undefeated at 215 and 285...from McEachern and that includes a trip to a tournament in Ohio.

On Carrington....it's hard to run legs on someone you can't take down. Bank's only losses on the season are to Condon.

Roberson is my brother-in-law's cousin.....I've followed him since 9th grade.....I think he's outstanding. Wall from Camden beat him at the Oviedo tournament this year and he finished 2nd to Olsen. Olsen did not look good in the finals this year.

I just took offense to the comment that we'd have trouble if we matched our best 28 against Tennessee's.

I would say you would have trouble you would beat us but still some trouble. I wrestled for Soddy know Roberson well I think he could go a few rounds with Olsen would be a very good match to me. Not sure about Condon. Have watched him quite a few times and think he would have some trouble with both Wright and Waddell. I think he would beat them but not more than 3-5 points. Also as good as Bradley is with legs I have seen many times with them taking top when their time comes to pick. Being from Soddy I hate running legs but they are very efficient of their use. Again like I said they are comparing apple to oranges when comparing GA to Tn wrestling. You know the statistics of the number of programs compared to those in TN. Sometimes I do think TN has some better wrestling. One year Soddy wrestled Ringgold where I live and beat them in a dual by 22. Ringgold won the state duals in GA that year. SD did not. Its just a matter of opinion on who can win where. I would like to put our best college wrestlers from Tn against the best of Ga the past few years to see how we stack up. Again not trying to flame you either, just think that its apples and oranges.

QUOTE(cobrakid8 @ Feb 18 2007 - 11:46 PM) 826378644[/snapback]I would say you would have trouble you would beat us but still some trouble. I wrestled for Soddy know Roberson well I think he could go a few rounds with Olsen would be a very good match to me. Not sure about Condon. Have watched him quite a few times and think he would have some trouble with both Wright and Waddell. I think he would beat them but not more than 3-5 points. Also as good as Bradley is with legs I have seen many times with them taking top when their time comes to pick. Being from Soddy I hate running legs but they are very efficient of their use. Again like I said they are comparing apple to oranges when comparing GA to Tn wrestling. You know the statistics of the number of programs compared to those in TN. Sometimes I do think TN has some better wrestling. One year Soddy wrestled Ringgold where I live and beat them in a dual by 22. Ringgold won the state duals in GA that year. SD did not. Its just a matter of opinion on who can win where. I would like to put our best college wrestlers from Tn against the best of Ga the past few years to see how we stack up. Again not trying to flame you either, just think that its apples and oranges.

Watch Condon on February 25th and let me know what you think. I know Raider76 thinks he may be the best wrestler in the Southeast.

I think the best college wrestler from Tennessee may be wrestling right now at Cornell. The best college wrestlers from Georgia may just be starting to enter college with the exception of the Keefe brothers. and Pitts was pretty good too.

I may be wrong, but I am of the opinion that Georgia has just begun to pull even with Tennessee in the last 2 year.

You mentioned numbers....schools represented at state: 273, number of wrestlers at state: 1,680

Actually I think the best from TN might be wrestling at UTC right now with Keller. Maybe next year Leen. I have watched Condon wrestle for a few years and I also see he had some trouble with the other brother Banks? Again they were at McCallie last few years until this one which I sorely missed having his team there. And not really sure about the best in the SE maybe at his weight but as bad a I hate Brandon I think I would take Eric Grajales, 44-0, So. Brandon as the best and only a So. Also at 160 Tom Timothy, 44-0, Sr., Brandon might be a good match for Condon. Maybe we can see this at senior nationals.

Thanks for the numbers we would be lucky to have 600 combined wrestlers if you took 448 for D1 and 14 classes average of 10 wrestlers each for D2. I can't with to see what some of these boys from GA and Tn do up at senior nationals.

QUOTE(cobrakid8 @ Feb 19 2007 - 05:42 PM) 826379604[/snapback]Actually I think the best from TN might be wrestling at UTC right now with Keller. Maybe next year Leen. I have watched Condon wrestle for a few years and I also see he had some trouble with the other brother Banks? Again they were at McCallie last few years until this one which I sorely missed having his team there. And not really sure about the best in the SE maybe at his weight but as bad a I hate Brandon I think I would take Eric Grajales, 44-0, So. Brandon as the best and only a So. Also at 160 Tom Timothy, 44-0, Sr., Brandon might be a good match for Condon. Maybe we can see this at senior nationals.

Thanks for the numbers we would be lucky to have 600 combined wrestlers if you took 448 for D1 and 14 classes average of 10 wrestlers each for D2. I can't with to see what some of these boys from GA and Tn do up at senior nationals.

From what I understand Josh is friends with the Banks family and that's why the score was reasonable with Bradley Banks. Josh was at the Beast of the East instead of McCallie this year. It'll be fun to how Condon does next year as a senior. I think his record was 55 - 2 again with those loses coming at the Beast.

Also...I believe Charlie Heard was a pretty good Georgia wrestler too.

one outstanding achievement that needs to be mentioned is Coach Mac taking 6 wrestlers from the Gordon Lee program and coming in at 4th in State. he's pretty much jump-started that program and seems to be building it as nicely as he did for Ringgold...once he gets that middle school on track as a nice feeder then it will be just another outstanding program in the Tennessee Valley to but heads with.