District 9-A Season MVP

Speedy Claxton

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Speedy Claxton @ Feb 12 2007 - 01:53 PM) 826368818[/snapback]

Come on no thoughts on this one. Will Corey Shankle from Forrest go back to back or will the surprising Darrin Baker from Van Buren. Or the overlooked Aaron A. from Eagleville.

Since Forrest has finished 1st place for the Season, I say it will be Corey Shankle.

QUOTE(BlueRocket @ Feb 12 2007 - 02:21 PM) 826368872[/snapback]

Since Forrest has finished 1st place for the Season, I say it will be Corey Shankle.

Just cause you finish first don't mean that a player on that team will get it. Shankle went from being an outstanding post to an alright guard. Why would you take your leading scorer out of the post. Brandon Hall from Cascade is improving but what makes him look good is the lack of boxing out. It's easy to rebound when no one boxes you out. Don't get me wrong he's good but this is not his year probably next year with his improvement. Never heard of the other from Community so I can't say anything.

Corey Shankle will win hands down.. averaged a double double and averaged 7 offensive boards a game.. and also let forrest with the most charges taken.. he does it all unlike what some of you say.. 20 pts and 13 boards per game and his team is in first.. Easy decision. But I would say Hall is the second best player in the district.. Looke for Corey to repeat as season and district MVP.. Maybe we can win in that champ game... Been there four years in a row. Only one win in 04.

QUOTE(Speedy Claxton @ Feb 12 2007 - 11:30 PM) 826369678[/snapback]

Just cause you finish first don't mean that a player on that team will get it. Shankle went from being an outstanding post to an alright guard. Why would you take your leading scorer out of the post. Brandon Hall from Cascade is improving but what makes him look good is the lack of boxing out. It's easy to rebound when no one boxes you out. Don't get me wrong he's good but this is not his year probably next year with his improvement. Never heard of the other from Community so I can't say anything.

No, the MVP does't have to come from the 1st place team but when you have a player that has put up the numbers Corey has and the team has won first place then I don't see it any other way.

The guy from Cascade who want get any mention for MVP but is definitely the backbone to our team is not Brandon Hall. Our team would be nowhere near the team we are without Stephan Reed. Any unbiased Cascade fan will tell you that is the one player we CANNOT do without this year. It will be tough going early next year without him but I think Ricky Hord will be fine after he has gained some experience. I wish we had used him more this year to get him prepared.

Having said all that, Brandon Hall is extremely important to us also and is the best D1 prospect we have on the Basketball team. I'm afraid his lack of height will hurt him in recruiting. He is almost unstoppable when he gets the ball down low, but not many D1 colleges will look at a 6-4 to 6-5 post player. I think if he grows a couple more inches and continues to develop his outside shot, he will get some attention for a possible 4-spot in college.

Hall will be a "3" in college if he goes mid-major. He could play 4 or 5 in NAIA. He has better perimeter skills than anyone else on the team. Unfortunately, he also has better post skills and is needed more by his team down low. What level he goes will depend GREATLY on what kind of summer he has. Good luck to him.

QUOTE(bigchief @ Feb 13 2007 - 09:27 AM) 826369985[/snapback] Hall will be a "3" in college if he goes mid-major. He could play 4 or 5 in NAIA. He has better perimeter skills than anyone else on the team. Unfortunately, he also has better post skills and is needed more by his team down low. What level he goes will depend GREATLY on what kind of summer he has. Good luck to him.

You may be around the program a lot more than I am since I don't have a kid on the team but I have been to almost all the games and to say he has better perimeter skills than anyone else on the team is ridiculous. He often turns the ball over when he is out on the perimeter. I have the utmost respect for Brandon as a player and think he is an excellent ball player, but that statement is about like saying Peyton Manning would make a heck of a running back.