top players

wing-T-01

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Class of 2008

Navery Moore (BGA) (Brentwood A's) RHP #1 2008 player in USA (will sign with any school in the country or he may be a 1st round draft pick)

Corbin Joseph (Franklin) (Franklin) MIF (have heard that he has committed to a small D1 but do not know that to be true)

Casey Dykes (Franklin) (Brentwood A's) Catcher (will probably have the opportunity to play in SEC)

Cole Gobbell (Father Ryan) (Hit after Hit) MIF (being recruited by ACC, SEC, Conference USA & Pac 10 schools)

Ben Burgess (Brentwood) (Brentwood A's) OF (being recruited by mid level D1 schools)

David Isaacs (BGA) (Hit after Hit) LHP & OF (with an 88mph FB he is a sleeper that will play at the D1 level)

Sonny Gray (Smyrna) (Brentwood A's) RHP (90+ FB and a great QB he is being recruited by SEC & ACC schools)

Kes Carter (Ravenwood) (Hit after Hit) LHP & OF (very good player with great speed that is a transfer from Germantown Houston that will play @ the D1 level)

Frank Adleman (MBA)(Red Dogs) OF & P (throws the ball in the mid to upper 80's with good control. Big & strong athlete that will have the opportunity to play at the next level)

Class of 2007

Logan Darnell LHP (Goodpasture/Univ. of Kentucky & Hit after Hit)

Tyler Acker C (Donelson Christian Academy, MTSU & Hit after Hit)

P.J. Francescon RHP (Ravenwood, MTSU & Hit after Hit)

Ben Bottoms MIF (Ravenwood & Hit after Hit) Has battled injuries but is reported to be doing well and should sign at a mid level D1

Ben Johnson LHP (Overton, Trevecca & Brentwood Bulldogs)

Haskel Fink C/3B (Clarksville & Brentwood Bulldogs) Did not sign during the early signing period but he has the potential to play at a mid level D1

Josh Holt RHP (Lipscomb & Hit after Hit) Will play in college at the NAIA or low D1 level.

QUOTE(straightbill307 @ Feb 11 2007 - 09:55 PM) 826368037[/snapback]

Cory Hale of Harpeth High School. This kid is a stud 6' 2" 200 runs a 6.9 60yd dash, .460 8hrs 36rbis. And he plays second base, I would consider him being the best 2nd baseman in all of TN. He signed with Columbia State C.C. last week.

the transfer to mckenzie logan poore plays 2nd base and he is also a pitcher and you talk about stud this guy is it.and only a sophmore

QUOTE(wysiwyg @ Feb 12 2007 - 02:07 PM) 826368851[/snapback]

theres this pitcher at BGA whos supposed to be pretty good, and shortstop at centennial, whos already recieved some letters of interest from several SEC schools. i think they play on the same travel team...should be a good year of baseball in Williamson County

The Brentwood A's have both Navery Moore and Matt Williams who you are referring to...they are currently ranked number 3 in the nation behind

the East Cobb Astros out of Atlanta and a team out of CA. It is my understanding that they also have Sonny Gray and Casey Dykes. This is a team to watch!

QUOTE(matt86 @ Feb 12 2007 - 01:46 PM) 826368802[/snapback]

USJ has three:

Josh Liles

Clayton Gant

Preston Overbey - may be the best to ever come out of West TN when it's all said and done - he's a freshman

I remember playing Overbey in the State Tournament last year when he was in 8th grade, and this kid could hang with everyone, I most definately agree with your statement. But since he played his 8th grade year he can not play his senior year can he?

QUOTE(straightbill307 @ Feb 12 2007 - 10:18 PM) 826369577[/snapback]

I remember playing Overbey in the State Tournament last year when he was in 8th grade, and this kid could hang with everyone, I most definately agree with your statement. But since he played his 8th grade year he can not play his senior year can he?

No, he can play all four years of high school. Article II Section 8 of the TSSAA rules says "An eighth grade student is eligible to participate if he/she is enrolled at the school. Students below the eighth grade are not eligible. Participation as an eighth grader shall not reduce the number of semesters a student is allowed to participate after enrolling in the ninth grade". Sorry, but he'll be around 4 more years.