District 4aaa

HB2021

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(JohnDoe @ May 7 2007 - 08:15 PM) 826453776[/snapback]I heard that Farragut fell to the looking to be mighty Lenior City. Its tournament time and this is the one thing that matters.

Is this true?

Sadly, this is true. 2-1 was the final score. the admirals hit about 25 pop ups and 2 groundballs and couldnt get the big hits when they needed them..LC's only runs came off a 2 run homer in the third. Farragut finishes up 28-11. a very disapointing loss for the Admirals

QUOTE(braves4life @ May 7 2007 - 08:43 PM) 826453797[/snapback]Sadly, this is true. 2-1 was the final score. the admirals hit about 25 pop ups and 2 groundballs and couldnt get the big hits when they needed them..LC's only runs came off a 2 run homer in the third. Farragut finishes up 28-11. a very disapointing loss for the Admirals

Yes it was very sad. I almost didn't want to stand up after the game. Im still confused on why the 1st batter for Farragut in the 7th bunted the ball. I hear he can really blast the ball, but then he bunts and gets out.. I don't want to speak for the players when I don't know how the feel but to me when I first got there it just felt like Farragut was going to lose and that maybe the players took it for granted that they were playing LC instead of someone else. I just waiting for the Farragut hit that was going to go into the 135ft gap in right field but it never came. I think for Farragut have less than half the offense they had last year a 28-11 season is pretty good. At the beginning the way they started I was almost doubting that they would win the 1st 2 games of district... They ended up winning 1, but I still think it is a very disappointing loss and season for them.

I predict 2 things. 1. a big article in the KNS about it. 2 alot of trash talking coming Farragut's way via DB.

QUOTE(ihavenofriendzz @ May 7 2007 - 08:55 PM) 826453809[/snapback]Yes it was very sad. I almost didn't want to stand up after the game. Im still confused on why the 1st batter for Farragut in the 7th bunted the ball. I hear he can really blast the ball, but then he bunts and gets out.. I don't want to speak for the players when I don't know how the feel but to me when I first got there it just felt like Farragut was going to lose and that maybe the players took it for granted that they were playing LC instead of someone else. I just waiting for the Farragut hit that was going to go into the 135ft gap in right field but it never came. I think for Farragut have less than half the offense they had last year a 28-11 season is pretty good. At the beginning the way they started I was almost doubting that they would win the 1st 2 games of district... They ended up winning 1, but I still think it is a very disappointing loss and season for them.

I predict 2 things. 1. a big article in the KNS about it. 2 alot of trash talking coming Farragut's way via DB.

i dont know about him being able to blast it, but he could've very well gotten on base for us, maybe even a double or triple. he wasn't given the bunt sign but tried to catch them napping. oh well. and yes DB will try to say that they are better than us blah blah blah but hey, last time i checked, we're 1-0 verse them this year.

QUOTE(braves4life @ May 7 2007 - 09:27 PM) 826453834[/snapback]i dont know about him being able to blast it, but he could've very well gotten on base for us, maybe even a double or triple. he wasn't given the bunt sign but tried to catch them napping. oh well. and yes DB will try to say that they are better than us blah blah blah but hey, last time i checked, we're 1-0 verse them this year.

I have never seen him bat, but that is what I was told. Even trying to catch them napping.... It's so frustrating and I'm just a fan. I thought Newby the pitcher for Farragut pitched incredibley well tonight too. I mean I think he has pitched something like 5 games this year and he had a 5-hitter tonight. Farragut played a good half of baseball. I mean the fielding and stuff was great. There were alot of decent outs that they got, but the batting was atrocious. I think you are right about the 25 pop ups. Even when they hit a grounder it was right to someone. It was just one of those games. No real excuses though. I hate to admit it but LC out played Farragut.(Wow I really just said that. I don't think ever in my life I thought I would say that for any sport at any level... ever).