10AA

Spurrierfan

darren james from lewis county could be one of the best in the district. once the coach started using him last year with 4 games left he went 1-2 but his era was right around 1.00 he pitched really well in the district play in game only giving up 1 earned 2 total. if he gets a little run support this year he could be good. good fastball with a lot of movement and good curve. he had a couple of rough games last year but for the most part was good. the beginning of the year coach thought he would use him as a closer only problem was we couldnt get a lead for him to close out. he probably wont pitch much the first couple of weeks because he is still in basketball but look out for him if coach uses him right and gets a few runs to work with he could be really good.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MR EVERYTHING there is no way u could be from LORETTO with comments like that. Coach LAMN took kids that would not even start at most schools in the district and one great arm and was a couple of hits from being at spring fling. Loretto will be down alittle this year on def. hitting will be a little weak but they do have a couple of good arms that will keep them in most games. And also nobody has a nicer place to play ball in the district than the mighty mustangs!!!

The favored would be Marshall County only when Lintz is pitching. Marshall County is going to have 3 years of re-building. Marshall County will probably will make it to the District tournament but will lose to either Loretto or Giles. Marshall County doesn't have the team this year to do it, even tho they won the STATE in summer ball. They don't have the hitting or pitching and maybe not even the defence. I guess the coaches are taking it soft on them this year.

QUOTE(baseball @ Feb 18 2007 - 08:48 PM) 826378331[/snapback]MR EVERYTHING there is no way u could be from LORETTO with comments like that. Coach LAMN took kids that would not even start at most schools in the district and one great arm and was a couple of hits from being at spring fling. Loretto will be down alittle this year on def. hitting will be a little weak but they do have a couple of good arms that will keep them in most games. And also nobody has a nicer place to play ball in the district than the mighty mustangs!!!

Your right i'm not from Loretto but i've seen enough games to know what kind of talent they had. Year before last they came within one game of the state then with everybody coming back they did'nt even make it that far. It's funny everytime you say something about Loretto they always bring up how nice the field is maybe coach Lamm should become a groundskeeper for some pro team because i don't care how nice the field is that don't win you ballgames.

Tough call on who's going to win the district this year i would pick Marshall Co. right now with Giles Co. second and Loretto third but injuries could change all that. Which pitcher from Loretto is hurt and when do they expect him back? If he gets back soon enough they could be second who knows maybe even first. Coach Lamm may coach differant without his son on the team.

Marshall has the best youth and summer program of any of the teams in this district. Giles Co. has a good group of kids that have played together since 10 yr old. no dominate pitcher though. Loretto has 2 good pitchers but nothing else. lewis county has 1 pitcher and avg hitting and defense. Page and spring hill both have new coaches with spring hill's coach being Coach Lamn's son. This year they are playing each school back to back days home and home so my predictions are:

Marshall co

Giles Go

Loretto

Spring Hill

Page

Lewis Co.

My picks:

Giles

Marshall

Loretto

Spring Hill

Page

Lewis

I dont see how everyone can pick Marshall. Who do they have that is outstanding besides Lintz, even Lintz has bad days and Giles proved that. Marshall hitting is going to lack. Besides Barnes and Stoltz ( who are both inconsistant) who do they have? Giles has the hitting and a fair defence. Marshall can't rely on Lintz all season (exspecially with a 75 pitch limit)