10AA

Spurrierfan

Sorry I haven't been on the baseball board but I'm still doing Page Girls' basketball. To answer some of the questions above: The new Page coach is Nathan Brown who was an assistant coach at Lebanon last year. For those of you here that don't know me, I keep the book for Page and also announce at the home games. Page did lose 9 seniors so this year will be tough, but there are several good players returning so don't count them out. I just received the final roster from Coach Brown today and will put it in the coacht roster section of the team at some point and will also enter the season schedule. I'll be more active here once I wrap up basketball.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome back Pageman, glad to hear from you. If anyone can predict this season it's this guy.

I would say that almost every year the team that has the best defense wins the district. For that reason Marshall is the favorite. Giles should have a good defense also, with a 4 yr starter in Laxson, 3 yrs in Edgmon, and returners at every other position in the infield besides catcher.

QUOTE(SuperSport @ Feb 23 2007 - 11:39 AM) 826385893[/snapback]Welcome back Pageman, glad to hear from you. If anyone can predict this season it's this guy.

I would say that almost every year the team that has the best defense wins the district. For that reason Marshall is the favorite. Giles should have a good defense also, with a 4 yr starter in Laxson, 3 yrs in Edgmon, and returners at every other position in the infield besides catcher.

Just because Laxson started for 4 yrs. don't make him a good shortstop he makes alot of errors. But they manage to play through some of the errors that are made.

Loretto won friday at Forrest. Forrest was missing a few to basketball but Loretto looked good to be there first outing. they ended up winning 8-5. but they pitched everything when they could have got it done with gobble if they had to .

Loretto will turn some heads this year. they have solid pitching out of there juniors and sophmores

First, Nance is not a solid player and Lintz is not the center fielder( Brad Barnes is). Marshall County middle infield is very weak. Most of their games were lost by errors in the middle infield, but to much on Nance's side. Marshall Co offense is their biggest problem this year besides pitching. I hope they have improved a lot this year, because they have Tiger pride that is instake.

I don't think that Marshall's mid infield is too weak, although all is relative. When Lintz pitches, all they should have to do is show up. The Centerfield error is just my mistake.

Laxson has made errors, but I watched him a ton at Columbia State this summer, and he was a totally different player. Can't say he'll play perfect, but being his senior year, he should be better. If he's as bad as you say, the coach there shouldn't have stuck with him that long.

I would say Loretto is playing 1A teams because those teams don't know what Coach Lamb will do to get a W.

lewis doesnt open their season until the 16th. they have a game against lewis co. alumni this weekend. they open up at fairview. their rotation could be descent. they have james who should be the #1 and once rob skelton gets back healthy he should be ok. eric wright, derek duncan, nick king and jake tennison should see some mound time. chris hamm should finish the rotation and thats about all the pitching they have. 1st base should be solid with james and skelton splitting time. short will be good with tennison. second and third will be good. the infield is set with colby hamm catching. its the outfield that is worrisome. we will see they have gotten better each year and they could have a horse on the mound in james if they use hime right. hopefully they will keep improving.

QUOTE(SuperSport @ Feb 26 2007 - 12:12 PM) 826390090[/snapback]I don't think that Marshall's mid infield is too weak, although all is relative. When Lintz pitches, all they should have to do is show up. The Centerfield error is just my mistake.

Laxson has made errors, but I watched him a ton at Columbia State this summer, and he was a totally different player. Can't say he'll play perfect, but being his senior year, he should be better. If he's as bad as you say, the coach there shouldn't have stuck with him that long.

I would say Loretto is playing 1A teams because those teams don't know what Coach Lamb will do to get a W.

Laxson never won the job of shortstop it was given to him. And everybody knows when a job is given and not earned it don't matter how bad you play the coach always has a reason why he thinks that player should be there. Hopefully your right and he has improved but time will tell. Nothing against him personally but he's made some errors at big times. And your right about coach Lamm he will do anything to get that W.

QUOTE(#1VolFan @ Feb 26 2007 - 07:45 PM) 826390598[/snapback]What type of pitching and outfielders will Giles Co have this year? I hear they lost all three outfielders (Seniors) last year.

Spring Hill will surprise everyone this year!!!!!

Giles Co. will have 3 new outfielders this year. Giles will have a hard time filling shoes of last years outfield. Pitching will be in good shape this year and could carry this team.