Anne Marie Lanning

Shootmore

QUOTE(riverdaleman @ Feb 13 2007 - 07:20 PM) 826370656[/snapback]

I didnt want to get into a who is better thread with woosley and jolley and i wont even try to argue a case for either player but i do know that it is pretty good for Anne Marie to be mentioned with some of those young ladies

As far as Anne Marie at the next level well...i have a lot of respect for coach insell and i know Anne Maries HEART and she has great basketball knowledge that makes up for what she lacks in speed i dont know when she will play or how long it will take her to start but if i were a betting man i WOULD NOT BET AGAINST ANN MARIE LANNING

Ditto. Putting AML in the same paragraph with Woosley and Jolley is a compliment in itself. They are all different players and deserved the credit they were due at the time. I applaud Ann Marie for staying in Middle Tennessee, and playing where all of her local fans can take a short drive to the Murphy Center and watch her play. Congrats to MTSU for snagging one of the best players in the state.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Morton @ Feb 13 2007 - 08:29 PM) 826370666[/snapback]

Ditto. Putting AML in the same paragraph with Woosley and Jolley is a compliment in itself. They are all different players and deserved the credit they were due at the time. I applaud Ann Marie for staying in Middle Tennessee, and playing where all of her local fans can take a short drive to the Murphy Center and watch her play. Congrats to MTSU for snagging one of the best players in the state.

her biggest fans other that Riverdale fans are her parents and let me tell you...they were very glad she wanted to play at MTSU they let it be her decsion but it sure does help them alot they dont miss games

at least mtsu was able to snag one good player from the area. props to the ladies basketball program for grabbing her while they could. anne marie probably cld have had a shot at many colleges but guess she wanted to stay around here. what a concept, good luck and thanks for the games you gave your heart throughout high school. i know every school that played you tried their best 2 stop you but it just could not be done. i hope many awards are coming to you in the near future.

Guest dare_2_dream

QUOTE(riverdaleman @ Feb 14 2007 - 09:38 PM) 826372294[/snapback]

I think Nat will be a good point guard but i dont think (i hope i am wrong)she will have the overall game as Anne Marie but when you get down to it not many people do

Anne Marie is a complete player no doubt. Nat will be a great floor general. I have not seen her play in a couple of years, but I know she used to be pretty good. Mrs. Lanning is a very nice lady too, she raises those girls to be good people off the court.

QUOTE(Morton @ Feb 13 2007 - 07:29 PM) 826370666[/snapback]

To be honest, it wasnt much recruiting on Insell's part to get AML to come to MT, it was no secret that she always wanted to play at Middle Tennessee, so for those of us in the boro that follow basketball pretty closely, this was no shock

QUOTE(Bates Water Gardens @ Feb 13 2007 - 01:05 PM) 826370246[/snapback]

Woosley wasn't even close to being what Holdsclaw was. You can't compare the two. Woosley was at UT for 4 years, the only 4 year stretch that Summett ever had without a final 4. Holdsclaw won 3, her first as a freshman.

Shelbyville has had any number of All-American class players - Woosley being the best of them all. Some of them had better careers than did Woosley at UT (Summit and Woosley had some trying times). While Woosley did not win any rings at UT, she did win WNBA championship rings with Houston. Yes, she was not the dominant UT force at UT that Holdsclaw was, but Holdsclaw has also had to fight her depression demons in her WNBA career, which has caused her to have the less-than-expected results at that level. Success is never assured for any athlete. Lanning is a great player, and other high schools around the state have produced players as good as Lanning. I'm glad to see her stay in the Boro. We'll root her on at MTSU, and Insell will know how to bring out the best of her on the team!