PrepXtra Top 10

ihavenofriendzz

QUOTE(wiggins30 @ Feb 16 2007 - 04:56 PM) 826374884[/snapback]

yea so y do people ssay we cant beat k-town teams i mean we even beat bradley central...

Greeneville is an outstanding team with a very good coach. I only saw you play in the summer, however, you beat most of the Knoxville competition with injuries to your team. Don't worry about the posts.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Know Nothing @ Feb 16 2007 - 12:11 PM) 826374493[/snapback]

I don't see anything wrong with the rankings. Greeneville is not number 1 because they play in the worst AAA district in the state. I do not think that Greeneville would be champions of either District (3AAA or 4AAA) in Knoxville. I watched them get bombarded up at Science Hill. They are truly a one-man show. Last year, they were much more talented and deep with a lot of seniors.

Don't be shocked if they don't even make it out of region. It could very well be Science Hill and Dobyns-Bennett or even Tennessee High coming out of that Region.

As for the Knoxville teams, District 3AAA is playing better than 4AAA right now and has pretty much all season.

Powell won at Farragut and Bearden this year.

Oak Ridge beat Maryville and lost on a buzzer beater at Farragut.

Of course, all that does not mean much at tournament time. Powell lost to Clinton once already this year and if they lose to them tonight the season is over. If they win, Halls will be waiting for them Monday Night.

If I had to ranking the teams on how they are playing right now, I would go with:

1. Oak Ridge

2. Austin-East (although they are not coached well enough to go to state)

3. Fulton

4. Farragut

5. Halls

6. Powell

7. Greeneville

8. Bearden

9. Maryville

10. Karns

My top 10:

1. Fulton

2(T) Halls

2(T) Farragut

4. Oak Ridge

5. Greeneville

6. Austin East

7. Powell

8. Maryville

9. Bearden

10. Karns

There is not a lot of difference between the AAA teams in the list. Any of the top 5 or 6 could get hot and make it to the state tournament.

QUOTE(ihavenofriendzz @ Feb 16 2007 - 10:58 AM) 826374378[/snapback]

This is an East Tennessee Poll. so dont complain about there not being any West or Central Tennessee teams.

The final regular season poll looks like this.

Tied for 1st Austin East (25-6)

Tied for 1st Fulton (23-3)

3rd Halls (24-4)

4th Farragut (26-4)

5th Greeneville (29-2)

6th Oak Ridge (24-6)

7th Maryville (21-6)

8th Pigeon Forge (28-3)

9th Powell (19-8)

10th Bearden (23-8)

does anyone have any comments? other than how is Greeneville not #1?

From a William Blount perspective, I'd rather play Farragut than Maryville or Bearden. Havn't seen Greeneville play, but I know Wiggins can play. Austin East if full of talent, but lack a lot of discipline. Pigeon Forge has had a fine season, but doesn't belong with the other 9 teams on the list.

QUOTE(ihavenofriendzz @ Feb 17 2007 - 01:40 PM) 826376192[/snapback]

i guess your saying that because William Blount beat Farragut. We will see what happens on Monday. im sure it will be another great game.

Absolutely, ihavenofriendz. I mean no disrepect to Farragut ... they've had a great year. But for whatever reasons, WB has matched up a whole lot better agains the Admirals than they have either Maryville or Bearden. Not only did the Govs beat Farragut once, they led a great part of the earlier game and really competed well with them in that game also.

If Farragut overlooked WB last time, I'm sure they won't this time.

QUOTE(ihavenofriendzz @ Feb 21 2007 - 10:11 PM) 826383625[/snapback]this week Fulton lost to AE. Halls lost to Karns. Oak Ridge lost twice. Farragut lost to Maryville.

Ill say the top 10 will now look like

Austin East

Greeneville

Fulton

Maryville

Halls

Farragut

Bearden

Powell

Pigeon Forge

Karns

Can't argue with your logic "ihavenofriendz". And I know OR lost twice, BUT, just for me at least ... if I'm a coach (and I'm not) there are still 5-6 teams in your top 10 that I would rather take my chances at playing on any given night as opposed to playing Oak Ridge. Potential is a dangerous word and when you don't play up to it (i.e. Oak Ridge this past week) you often lose. But, if they are ON and playing their brand of basketball, Oak Ridge is as good as anyone is the area I think. We'll find out real quick, because their season could be over in a couple of days!!!