Unaka ?

baseballkid01

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(warts4u @ Mar 13 2007 - 08:16 AM) 826409956[/snapback]Hey Ranger87 who wrote those articles in the paper for you. Because obviously from the way you write on here you received help from somewhere.

Obviously. I took some night classes. Why, you interested in some tutoring?

For those that dont realize, Elizabethton has a talented coach as well as a very talented team. However Unaka has a talented team aswell, yeah their players may not go to D1 colleges or anything but dont short change them. But if my memory serves me correctly, E towns best player last year Ryan Kennedy didnt get a D1 scholarship, he's playing at King with Unaka's Tee Blevins. Also, if you want to talk trash about D1 or NAIA, just talk to E-towns coach he was very successful at the NAIA level, i'm sure he wouldn't discredit any player regardless of their talent status. Now, if Elizabethton beats Unaka saturday @ East, then they are supposed to. But, if Unaka beats Elizabethton, than it is just another good win on a State Tournament resume. To asnwer many critics Unaka cant help the conference or region opponents, however, that is why they play Sullivan South (AAA), Sullivan East (AAA), Sullivan North (AAA), David Crockett (AAA),Tennessee High (AAA), Daniel Boone (AAA), South Greene (AA), CHuckey Doak (AA), Happy Valley (AA), and Johnson County (AA), Now I'm sure that if you will look at Elizabethton's schedule you will see several, if not all of these teams are on there. Kudos to Coach Enser for playing this competition year in and year out. Lastly if you notice the majority of the schools that won single A State championships in the previous 4 years, have competed and/or won the AA state year last year. So AA competition is not that much greater.

Good Luck to all Carter County teams this year!!!!!!

you know this forum was supposed to be about Unaka Baseball. I dont understand why grammar, D1 schools, Elizabethton, or anything else should be on here.

I also want to say "best of luck" to both the Rangers and the Cyclones on Saturday. It should be a nice battle in which I hope Unaka gives a fight to ole Betsy. That will be the best for both teams.

And theres not much difference in the talents of the athletes between classes, but the amount of players with talent.

Another thing that goes against all of ya'lls arguments: my coach once told me that "You dont play the team across the diamond from you, but the game of baseball itself." If a team is to play baseball the way it is supposed to be played, they WILL be successful; despite the talent levels or the cometition.

QUOTE(RANGER87 @ Mar 9 2007 - 11:33 AM) 826406169[/snapback]Not too many babe ruth teams make it to State on a consitent basis. They must be somewhat better than babe ruth to do that. Can you catch a pop up?

As for Babe Ruth Making the state Tournament. Rick Garrison and C.Y Peters won back to back State titles five years ago. Three years ago the 14's not only won the state but also the Ameteur Youth World Series. Last Year Peters took the 16's and won the State and played in the Dizzy Dean World Series, Tim Chambers won the State tournament with the 13's two years ago and with the 14's last years. Seems you don't know much about Babe Ruth Baseball

QUOTE(DekeRivers @ Mar 13 2007 - 10:32 PM) 826410994[/snapback]As for Babe Ruth Making the state Tournament. Rick Garrison and C.Y Peters won back to back State titles five years ago. Three years ago the 14's not only won the state but also the Ameteur Youth World Series. Last Year Peters took the 16's and won the State and played in the Dizzy Dean World Series, Tim Chambers won the State tournament with the 13's two years ago and with the 14's last years. Seems you don't know much about Babe Ruth Baseball

I'm well aware of that Deke. What I was referring to was the fact that you don't see too many Babe Ruth teams in Murfreesboro at the High School State Tournament. I don't think I have ever heard of a Babe Ruth team playing in a high school state tournament. That was a sarcastic comment. Comparing Unaka high school with Babe Ruth was Rangerbook2's attempt at an insult. I simply stated that you don't see too many Babe Ruth teams at the state tournament , meaning the high school state tournament, which is very true. This is a thread about high school sports after all.

QUOTE(etowntrack21 @ Mar 12 2007 - 10:49 PM) 826409753[/snapback]sure did who did u all play hampton or somebody like that

Even though etowntrack may be annoying I think it's pretty rad that he is supporting a different sport...You sure don't have that kind of support in spring sports where i'm from.

QUOTE(sftballfever @ Mar 14 2007 - 05:43 PM) 826411894[/snapback]Even though etowntrack may be annoying I think it's pretty rad that he is supporting a different sport...You sure don't have that kind of support in spring sports where i'm from.

yea i bet u all feel like state champs after a 29-3 over poor little cloudland thats playing pure freshman and sophomores lol it will come back to huant u trust me and i feel like its coming soon(hint hint)and where u from sftballfever?

QUOTE(blueeagle @ Mar 12 2007 - 09:23 PM) 826409715[/snapback]daniel boone 8 elizabethton 1

i guess you guys saw the difference in aaa and aa

e-town 20 unicoi-4 this is what we do 4 fun in aa imagine what we will do in sngle a lol /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

The game has been moved to friday night so i guess we'll get to find out a day earlier what etown can do in single A. Who is going to be on the rubber for Elizabethton??? I'm pretty sure Church will be hurling for the Rangers in this one. This game should be a classic. As a great man once said, "Lets play some Baseball."

QUOTE(RangerCountry @ Mar 14 2007 - 09:34 PM) 826412344[/snapback]The game has been moved to friday night so i guess we'll get to find out a day earlier what etown can do in single A. Who is going to be on the rubber for Elizabethton??? I'm pretty sure Church will be hurling for the Rangers in this one. This game should be a classic. As a great man once said, "Lets play some Baseball."

should be guinn and bureleson and davenport