LIBERTY vs McNairy

P.A.Lin-Z

QUOTE(P.A.Lin-Z @ Feb 18 2007 - 10:43 AM) 826377292[/snapback]I told ya'll in another thread that the foolin' around would be over when the districts start. The gloves came off last night and McNairy got hit in the face and it hurt. The look in the Crusaders eyes may have been mistaken for pride.....but it's not. It's called a game face.....everything has been nice up to now.....you have to be put away. You happened to be the first to get in the way.

Liberty beat Chester County back in the season by 52....and did it with the bench for the most part. Last night it could have been worse......do you think Coach Williams should have played the managers. (He has one I know for a fact that can dunk.)

Maybe it's just me....but didn't the refs soften up on Liberty after they seen the game was out of hand....(I thought that was a little obvious). McNairy should have been teched up last night for two intentional fouls....so were ya'll trying to put somebody out or what?

Sometimes there's a price to pay when you kick the home team out of the home bench.....(McNairy....this wasn't a home game for you.....you didn't earn it.) did coach not want to sit in front of the Liberty faithful or something? It's funny how Bolivar got the home bench.....didn't think no one would notice? And you want to talk about the "20 point call the dogs off rule"? (this was my opinion not neccessarily the team or the coaches)

And next time....give the other teams a chance to make some money during the halftime show. The cheerleaders of the opposing team might want to perform. Learn how to be a host!!!!

Read this again carefully.....I don't want to repeat the third paragraph twice.

Hey Dexter.....PRESS ON!!!!

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Macnarry @ Feb 18 2007 - 04:02 PM) 826377844[/snapback]I might have missed something in your long post. How could your cheerleaders make money during halftime?

Were you at the game? The McNairy cheerleaders put on a benefit cakewalk during the half to raise money for a trip or something.

Don't get me wrong....nothing wrong with that. I just think during the district tournaments you might leave that out and do it in the big

eating eat out front. It's not regular season anymore....it's a tournament.....McNairy is hosting. LOL....I can see how that might get misconstrued.

how can u call Liberty unsportsmanlike? i was at the game and the most unsportsmanlike thing i saw the whole night was done by Mcnairy... Liberty was the home team yet sat on the away bench and started the game on the away end.... that was the most unsportsmanlike thing i have ever seen.....you may host the tourny but if your the five seed then sit where a lower seed should as a visitor not as the home team

QUOTE(Macnarry @ Feb 18 2007 - 06:48 PM) 826378064[/snapback]OK, I just do not consider 'raising money' and 'making money' the same thing. I just misunderstood what you meant. I did not mean to offend you.

Liberty has an outstanding team. I just do not subscribe to the idea of piling on a team when they are far behind.

Naw man....you didn't offend me. I should have made that clearer than I did. No problem.

I undestand what your saying.....and I know Dexter. His team hadn't played in 8 days.....they came out rusty and it was his way of running it out of them.

I think he's too nice most of the time. He played the starters and the second team 3 minutes at Camden.....1 1/2 minutes per team. Then used freshmen and soph. the rest of the game.

I think Jewan only had 4 points in that game.

Mojo 20, you obviously have't attended many District Tournaments because the host team gets the courtesy of using the bench they used during the regular season. This was the case so far in this tournament except for one coach, which shouldn't matter where his team sits. The host school usually will try and accommodate a school's request. If possible a team's cheering section will be behind their team's bench which was the case on Sat. The case about using which bench to sat on is usually discussed at the District Meeting. As far as sportsmanship when a team is up by more than 30 pts. (not 20 like several post say) with 2 minutes to play, you call off the dogs and stop pressing. People used to respect Coach Williams but after what happened Saturday and recently with the cockiness that is being displayed, players, coaches, and fans from other schools are voicing their displeasure. Mark my word what happened Sat. nite will eventually come back to bite you where it hurts the most!!!

Enough with running up the score. McNairy played Liberty very close up until half time and if they hit their free throws they might have been ahead going into the half. McNairy did an awesome job against Liberty. It was a lot closer earlier in the game than the Libery coach/players/and fans expected. The final outcome was expected except for the McNairy hopeful. All this can be wrapped up with this ( not to agree or disagree with the coach's choice ) but : The Liberty coach was not impressed at all with his teams first half. They haven't played in awhile and they had to work out a few things, but the coach left the boys in until they showed signs of being the " known" Liberty team. His job is to have the boys ready for a state title run and he did what he felt was best for his team.

I have a couple of things to post about so this maybe long. First, just about every district tourny I have been to, the host school keeps their bench and the fans always have sit on the home side. PA, I agree with the whole cake walk situation. I could not believe they were still doing that. Like you said, they could make an announcement that they were having a cake walk and hold it in the commons. I have nothing against the cake walk but it would seem to me and a few others I know if they didn't do it at half court during halftime.

Now to the game. Both McNairy and Liberty could have played a better 1st half. I think McNairy had alot of chances to really put pressure on Liberty and make them play from behind but they didn't do it. I think McNairy should have led at halftime but they didn't make the plays they should have. Plus, you can not miss that many free throws and beat areat team like Liberty. They really hustled and played pretty good defense in the 1st half. Now to the 3rd quarter. McNairy had alot of trouble getting the ball pass half court and didn't at all after Ken picked up his 4th foul. You cannot keep throwing the ball into the corner when a team is running a full court trap press and McNairy did it on every throw in. They made reallybad passes the whole second half trying to get out of the trap. They need to run other inbound plays because running the same one was killing them and Liberty knew what was coming and knew exactly where they were going to pass the ball. I thought the 1st half was the best I have saw refs call all year. Some may not think so but I thought it was pretty good and better than what I saw all year. However, the 2nd half was awful. It was pretty bad and bad both ways. There were alot of bad calls but two examples were: I believe it was Sain that was standing still and stuck up is arm and got all ball and got called for a foul but it was a clear block. A McNairy player was getting double teamed bringing the ball up and was pushed down but no call was made. Both crowds didn't really complain about the refs in the 1st half but they were both out of their seats in the 2nd half. I don't think the foul by Ken could have been called a hard foul. Long pump faked a shot and Ken went for the block and tried making a play on the ball. When Long bent down and Ken's legg clipped him and that is what made him fall on Long. The play actually could have hurt both players.

I have no problem with Liberty pressing in the 3rd quarter. However, when you are up around 30 in the 4th, I don't think you should be pressing. I didn't agree with the startersbeing in until 2:30 left in the game and you are up by 30. It took McNairy putting in it's JV for Liberty to put their JV team in. Someone said the starters were out in the 3rd but they were not. I know Sain and both Longs were in with 2:30 to go. I wouldn't have had such a big problem with the starters being in the game if they would have quit pressing. I know they hadn't had alot of playing time lately but McNairy couldn't get the ball past midcourt in the 3rd, I would have had them working on their half court defense. This is the first time that I have saw Liberty and didn't agree with what Dexter was doing so I'm not going to less this change my opinion on him but I do think it should have been handled different.

Bobcats, just work on beating that press and hopefully we can get another crack at them in the Region. If you guys can turn the whole game into a half court game, you can compete with them. The mistakes being made in their press is leading to easy points for them but when it is a half court game you have be able to play with them. People think that 12AA is down and 11AA is going to everybody out but Liberty. I think it can be an all 12AA semi-final and two teams can make it to state out of this district because we have three good teams and one powerhouse. Good Luck to everybody in 12AA and show everybody why 12AA is the toughest district in the state.

QUOTE(LetMeHearYA @ Feb 19 2007 - 12:59 AM) 826378802[/snapback]I have a couple of things to post about so this maybe long. First, just about every district tourny I have been to, the host school keeps their bench and the fans always have sit on the home side. PA, I agree with the whole cake walk situation. I could not believe they were still doing that. Like you said, they could make an announcement that they were having a cake walk and hold it in the commons. I have nothing against the cake walk but it would seem to me and a few others I know if they didn't do it at half court during halftime.

Now to the game. Both McNairy and Liberty could have played a better 1st half. I think McNairy had alot of chances to really put pressure on Liberty and make them play from behind but they didn't do it. I think McNairy should have led at halftime but they didn't make the plays they should have. Plus, you can not miss that many free throws and beat areat team like Liberty. They really hustled and played pretty good defense in the 1st half. Now to the 3rd quarter. McNairy had alot of trouble getting the ball pass half court and didn't at all after Ken picked up his 4th foul. You cannot keep throwing the ball into the corner when a team is running a full court trap press and McNairy did it on every throw in. They made reallybad passes the whole second half trying to get out of the trap. They need to run other inbound plays because running the same one was killing them and Liberty knew what was coming and knew exactly where they were going to pass the ball. I thought the 1st half was the best I have saw refs call all year. Some may not think so but I thought it was pretty good and better than what I saw all year. However, the 2nd half was awful. It was pretty bad and bad both ways. There were alot of bad calls but two examples were: I believe it was Sain that was standing still and stuck up is arm and got all ball and got called for a foul but it was a clear block. A McNairy player was getting double teamed bringing the ball up and was pushed down but no call was made. Both crowds didn't really complain about the refs in the 1st half but they were both out of their seats in the 2nd half. I don't think the foul by Ken could have been called a hard foul. Long pump faked a shot and Ken went for the block and tried making a play on the ball. When Long bent down and Ken's legg clipped him and that is what made him fall on Long. The play actually could have hurt both players.

I have no problem with Liberty pressing in the 3rd quarter. However, when you are up around 30 in the 4th, I don't think you should be pressing. I didn't agree with the startersbeing in until 2:30 left in the game and you are up by 30. It took McNairy putting in it's JV for Liberty to put their JV team in. Someone said the starters were out in the 3rd but they were not. I know Sain and both Longs were in with 2:30 to go. I wouldn't have had such a big problem with the starters being in the game if they would have quit pressing. I know they hadn't had alot of playing time lately but McNairy couldn't get the ball past midcourt in the 3rd, I would have had them working on their half court defense. This is the first time that I have saw Liberty and didn't agree with what Dexter was doing so I'm not going to less this change my opinion on him but I do think it should have been handled different.

Bobcats, just work on beating that press and hopefully we can get another crack at them in the Region. If you guys can turn the whole game into a half court game, you can compete with them. The mistakes being made in their press is leading to easy points for them but when it is a half court game you have be able to play with them. People think that 12AA is down and 11AA is going to everybody out but Liberty. I think it can be an all 12AA semi-final and two teams can make it to state out of this district because we have three good teams and one powerhouse. Good Luck to everybody in 12AA and show everybody why 12AA is the toughest district in the state.

I agree totally with much of what you said......especially the last paragraph. 12AA is the best district.....We will send the best four teams to the regionals and it's a shame that some wont make it out of there to go on.....I really don't know who wont make it at this point. All I can say is......Middle Tennessee teams...you better strap it on tight, cause your in for the fight of your life.