Union City Scores 130 in win vs Trenton

QUOTE(mikeyscode @ Feb 20 2007 - 07:57 PM) 826381763[/snapback]i agree can you imagine the moaning for next year when uc only graduates their one senior

I won't be moaning..Channin Geanes will be back next year as well as Russel Avery..And I look for both to be a lot better as M.J. and company will..But..Everyone keeps saying U.C. has only 1 senior..but you lose two starters!So..you may as well say you have two seniors!

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OC, you make a good point. I hate when people say we need to lose or are better off to lose. To me that is the scared way of approaching things and you are sending the wrong message to your team. Alright guys, we need to lose so we have an easier road to the state? Please. I guarantee neither team wanted to lose Tuesday night!! If you have a competitive bone in your body you play to win, Period. End of Story. If you are not good enough to win your way to the state then you don't deserve to be there. Whew, I feel better now that I got that off my chest, but I have heard that talk from both sides, LC and UC for the last few days. I guess I am fed up. Finally I think that is a problem with the basketball playoff system. Being able to lose and still advance. You do not see this in Football or NCAA basketball for that matter. Maybe if they could devise a better tournament system no one would be discussing this. Good luck to all 14A teams in the Regional except when you play LC

QUOTE(wardawg2038 @ Feb 22 2007 - 06:33 PM) 826384821[/snapback]OC, you make a good point. I hate when people say we need to lose or are better off to lose. To me that is the scared way of approaching things and you are sending the wrong message to your team. Alright guys, we need to lose so we have an easier road to the state? Please. I guarantee neither team wanted to lose Tuesday night!! If you have a competitive bone in your body you play to win, Period. End of Story. If you are not good enough to win your way to the state then you don't deserve to be there. Whew, I feel better now that I got that off my chest, but I have heard that talk from both sides, LC and UC for the last few days. I guess I am fed up. Finally I think that is a problem with the basketball playoff system. Being able to lose and still advance. You do not see this in Football or NCAA basketball for that matter. Maybe if they could devise a better tournament system no one would be discussing this. Good luck to all 14A teams in the Regional except when you play LC

When I lived in Chattanooga,I heard rumors of a couple of teams losing on purpose for better seedings..If it were found to be true they should have fired the coach...I've also heard rumors about a local girl's coach doing it....I also see it as a little weird you could actually lose three games after the regular season and still win a state championship...

Losing is never a good thing...I feel like if you are good loser,you are just a loser....I also don't like the talk about an undefeated team losing before the tournaments....Win them all,if you can....

QUOTE(wardawg2038 @ Feb 22 2007 - 04:33 PM) 826384821[/snapback]OC, you make a good point. I hate when people say we need to lose or are better off to lose. To me that is the scared way of approaching things and you are sending the wrong message to your team. Alright guys, we need to lose so we have an easier road to the state? Please. I guarantee neither team wanted to lose Tuesday night!! If you have a competitive bone in your body you play to win, Period. End of Story. If you are not good enough to win your way to the state then you don't deserve to be there. Whew, I feel better now that I got that off my chest, but I have heard that talk from both sides, LC and UC for the last few days. I guess I am fed up. Finally I think that is a problem with the basketball playoff system. Being able to lose and still advance. You do not see this in Football or NCAA basketball for that matter. Maybe if they could devise a better tournament system no one would be discussing this. Good luck to all 14A teams in the Regional except when you play LC

I agree... Neither team wanted to lose Tuesday night, & that was obvious. Why would they? Yes, Peabody would be an easier win, but both teams can beat Humboldt... They already have. I've heard talk about "throwing the game" from both sides as well, but that clearly wasn't the case Tuesday night.