Smith County vs Livingston Academy

Stark1

i think that la will have to guard smith's shooters outside cuz if they dont smith could knock a bunch of em down i saw smith play uperman that number 11 couldnt miss he didnt miss one hardly at all and wen he missed or didnt get the ball u had sumone else shooting it and nailing that shot and maybe smith got lucky but if they play that way against la. la could get beat but la has heighth advantage inside if they use that and do good on it and play good defence la will win i pick la by at least 10

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(BIG OWL FAN @ Feb 18 2007 - 08:34 PM) 826378286[/snapback]Maybe MVP and Coach of the Year was chosen to soon!!!!! OWLS ALL THE WAY!!!

Chosen too soon? What are you trying to imply? That one of the players on SC or their coach is more deserving? Have you lost it? Has the SC bandwagon hit so many bumps in the road that it has given you whiplash or a concussion? Please do us all a favor and never post anything like that ever again? I'd say even CoachT himself was laughing at that one. Give me a break. LA WILL WIN. Get used to it...

QUOTE(wildcat324 @ Feb 18 2007 - 03:25 PM) 826377787[/snapback]Nobody said Livingston thought it would be easy...but I don't think that SC has got what it takes to play with them. Go ahead and bring up past games if you must but LA will win I think and if I had to say by how many then i will say by 11. Stover will have a big game as will Ramsey and Dunn. That's right, Dunn(MVP) will be playing. Just landed wrong last night during the game. He'll be there waiting on your precious Owls. So you should probably start planning a way to stop him because he will not lose, nor will Coach Melton (Coach of the Year) Let his team lose. I'm sure this will be a good game, but I am still going to stay with my boys. LA by 11. Get used to it...

I'm glad Dunn is playing, and honestly you wanna know how to stop, same way you stop Jones really. Out of all the game I have seen Dunn play, he gets most of his points by snowbirding, while the rest of his team is rebounding. Yes he is a good player, but very stopable. Most didn't think we would be able to stop Jones for Upperman and I believe he had 5 points. If Melton isn't gonna let his team lose this game, then why did he let them lose about ten this year? It will be a good game, and just as you are saying we better be ready to play, your boys better be ready to, because the Owls want this bad, and I know LA does to. Its gonna be fun to watch.

QUOTE(Z King of D Swing @ Feb 19 2007 - 12:38 AM) 826378790[/snapback]I'm glad Dunn is playing, and honestly you wanna know how to stop, same way you stop Jones really. Out of all the game I have seen Dunn play, he gets most of his points by snowbirding, while the rest of his team is rebounding. Yes he is a good player, but very stopable. Most didn't think we would be able to stop Jones for Upperman and I believe he had 5 points. If Melton isn't gonna let his team lose this game, then why did he let them lose about ten this year? It will be a good game, and just as you are saying we better be ready to play, your boys better be ready to, because the Owls want this bad, and I know LA does to. Its gonna be fun to watch.

Will you be watching from the bench?

QUOTE(Wildkitty 123 @ Feb 18 2007 - 11:28 PM) 826378725[/snapback]The better coached team wins this one smith by 4

You can't be serious.

IMO, Smith Co. played their best game of the year against Upperman and Upperman didn't play all that great. The Bees once again let their attitudes determine the outcome of the game. Smith will have to play like that again to beat LA, and I just don't really think it will happen. But since Smith's coach is so much better I am sure he will find a way to win.

QUOTE(Overton County Fan @ Feb 19 2007 - 10:19 AM) 826379037[/snapback]You can't be serious.

IMO, Smith Co. played their best game of the year against Upperman and Upperman didn't play all that great. The Bees once again let their attitudes determine the outcome of the game. Smith will have to play like that again to beat LA, and I just don't really think it will happen. But since Smith's coach is so much better I am sure he will find a way to win.

Smith has played pretty good their last couple games, some of their best ball of the year. They have limited turnovers and played preety good defense. But the Owls just played awesome once again, and the other team had their worst game of the year, sounds like whats bein said. Just maybe Smith had something to do with Upperman playing bad. Thats twice this year we have beat them on their home floor, and its like Dejavu watching Jones slap the floor and lose his composure yet again. Can't blame the refs for that, he has to learn to quit hurting his team.

QUOTE(stuntwoman @ Feb 19 2007 - 12:49 AM) 826378796[/snapback]Will you be watching from the bench?

Yep.

QUOTE(highrizer23 @ Feb 18 2007 - 12:36 PM) 826377446[/snapback]Don't be so sure. I think Smith County is ready to prove alot of people wrong. And I'm not sure, but is Chase Dunn playing in this game. I've heard that he's injured. I read that on another post. But, if Smith can play just a little bit better in every aspect than they did at the Upperman game, it will be Smith winning by 15. GOOD LUCK OWLS!

If they play just a little better in EVERY aspect than they did at the Upperman game they will still lose. With or without Dunn

QUOTE(Z King of D Swing @ Feb 18 2007 - 02:32 PM) 826377705[/snapback]I wouldn't be so sure about that, if LA does not have Dunn, they will not win, he has been the difference in these two teams both times. If he plays which I'm sure he will, it will take a good effort from Smith like we have seen so far this tourney to beat the Wildcats, but I know they can do it. I've never seen such confidence from these guys as I have this past 3 or 4 days. They believe they can win, and know they can, so if LA thinks this is going to be easy, it could be a very rough night. Should be a great game though, and the gym will be packed I'm sure. Good luck Big Owls, go get em.

Yes LA will win without Dunn, but it doesn't matter because you know he's going to

QUOTE(highrizer23 @ Feb 18 2007 - 08:59 PM) 826378377[/snapback]You are putting Smith Co. down too much. Yes LA better bring it. Because Smith County will bring it. They are pumped and ready for this. LA better have a good game cause the Smith County High-School Owls will make them pay if they don't. You said LA by 5 if they have an off game. I say Smith by 20 if LA has an off-game. I also say Smith by 6 with LA having an on-game.

I'll give it to the Owls, they are playing good, but you think that just because your team has won a few games in the tournament, that they're unstoppable. If that's what the team's attitude is then they have a rude awakening heading their way.

QUOTE(Lion15 @ Feb 19 2007 - 04:38 PM) 826379593[/snapback]If they play just a little better in EVERY aspect than they did at the Upperman game they will still lose. With or without Dunn

Yes LA will win without Dunn, but it doesn't matter because you know he's going to

I CAN'T WAIT FOR SMITH COUNTY TO PROVE ALL THE DOUBTERS WRONG. There's no doubt that Livingston has always been one of the best. BUT NOW IT'S TIME FOR A CHANGE. SMITH BY 8. Go Owls. Good luck. BRING IT BACK TO SMITH COUNTY.