Unaka Basketball

corndogman

QUOTE(fightingirish @ Feb 19 2007 - 09:21 AM) 826378917[/snapback]I have been saying this for a long time, when schools have good Football season, Basketball is down and if Football is bad then Basketball is good. Unaka has been really good for years in B ball and football was in a slump now the tide has truned and if they can level it out and build both programs with success like Hampton has had the last couple of years the we will see the Unaka B ball of old. Look at the ACC do they even have football programs besides BC and Miami, but on the other hand Basketball is always on cloud 9.

That's not entirely true, look at FB/BB programs like Maryville, Fulton, Austin-East, Knox Catholic, D-B and so on. Sometimes these things go in cycles. UH was strong in the 80's and mid 90's then they hit a down cycle and now they are strong again. Snavely will do a great job. How does Carter County zone works? Can kids go where they want or are they zoned for certain schools?

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Julius Caesar @ Feb 21 2007 - 08:53 AM) 826382418[/snapback][behold, on this 20th day of February amidst a dark, cold, damp and dreary night it has been declared that not one team in the elustrious history of this heralded program has been so disapproved. Speak as you may sportiemom, Rangerbook, rangerparent, superman and 87, but the truth has been displayed amongst the dwellers of the empire . Be as it may, those held responsible for the weak at heart, one must be held accountable for the grooming of weaklings that refuse to defend the likes of those who threaten the magnificent kingdom of maroon. It has once been said that the sweat of those accountable must stand for the truth, but it cannot be further from it. Alas, these knights may pour in sweat to the eyes of a peasant, but the wise knoweth that it only pours in vein. It hath always held true that the senior knights must prepare the way for their pawns who seek their nobility, but ode to the duo who have shamed the kingdom and brought forth a dark era of disapproved labor..... a dreaded path of destruction. The true ranger empire, amidst the stoney creeks at the foothills of the holston ravine, recognize on this day that the record has been set in full and chiseled in the tablets of truth.

Howbeit, fear not those who choose to stand for what is to come. Although Julius has made such a declaration of truth, the sun shall rise and set on another day bringing forth young pawns that stand for justice and knightsmanship. To THE KING and all his men, shower yourselves in your wine and fine dining, for it has only been one victorious battle for the alliance. One must remember that the maroon empire has not been conquered just yet, and while you shine your armor and swords of silver, whe shall prepare ours which is GOLD, for the war rages on.

Julius Caesar

Friday night I'll be in the concession stand, if you like we can discuss this more at length and face to face then.

QUOTE(Landshark @ Feb 21 2007 - 12:01 PM) 826382740[/snapback]I will say this...The coaches have gave 100% all year long. I know this much to be true. Maybe not last night, but when you have players that want compete there is nothing a coach can do. Hey, the coach did not miss a shot last night. I promise you that the girls team could have scored more than we did last night in the first quarter. Also, no one cared if they won last night or not because everyone expected UH to win and Unaka would be in the opposite bracket which would have been better for them. But it did not work out that way. I thought in the UH game the coaches had a great game plan and the kids did not carry it out for 4 quarters, they quit running the floor, playing hard, and Roper started shooting from the outside instead of scoring on the block. Oh well hind site is 20/20.

maybe not last night. that is a bad example to sit for everyone that still supports the team and players. unaka has only 2 seniors. how many freshman and sophomores are sitting on the bench. if you're trying to build a progam it had better start with developing younger players and fast. we need post players. do we have anyone who can score inside or has the potential to. some of those boys dont ever play and probably wont come back after this year. its the same old thing every game.

i dont fault the coaches effort during the season but i did last night. i fault their decision making and the way certain situations were handeled. grindstaff should still be on the team after what ive seen on the floor. i have not got to be at all the game but i did see over half of them. he and lewis made the team play harder. i would rather watch the effort that was out on the floor at the first of the year than what i seen now. that old its my way or no way will soon be out the door.

Blueeagle,

The freshmen are not ready to play yet although one day they should be. It's up to them, they know what they must do in the offseason. I can't speak for nobody but myself but I'm thankful for the coaches taking the time to work with my son. He's got a long way to go but so did many others who went though that program. Most young kids are projects and must learn. I'm sure they would like to get into a game just like anyone else but that just normal. And I agree with Landshark, now is not the time to start developing players.

The best part about all of this is if somehow Unaka could find a way to win the next two games, all this might be forgotten. I'm hoping to see a different Ranger team take the floor Saturday night at Hancock County. Best of luck to all the Carter County teams in the Regionals. As for Unaka, the seed has been planted and the crops will start to grow in the near future. Teams better enjoy them being down at the present. I've got a gut feeling they'll be back on top sooner than a lot of folks think.

QUOTE(Landshark @ Feb 21 2007 - 04:37 PM) 826383166[/snapback]Let me tell ya something...A program is not built on one season. I agree with you about how you would rather see those other guys out there playing harder. The thing about it is that those guys put themselves before the team. I'm sure the coach did not want to run them off and I'm sure he gave them multiple chances to make it work. And I'm sure that they would have won more games with them but when you have seniors disrespecting the coaches and not showing up for practice, what kind of example does that send to the underclassmen?? Secondly, the district tournament is not really the time to start playing freshmen and trying to develop young players. That is done in the summer. Those guys did not want to be out there last night and it showed. If the other guys don't want to come back next year then pee on em. It will be their loss in the long run. There is NOTHING the coaches could have done last night or prepared for that would have changed the out come. And last, if you were the coach would you want things done your way??

the machine aint broke nor is the driver just a few of the parts,and parts can always be replaced.this machine will run again very soon.

QUOTE(molesniper @ Feb 22 2007 - 10:22 AM) 826384304[/snapback]the machine aint broke nor is the driver just a few of the parts,and parts can always be replaced.this machine will run again very soon.

WELL SAID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I think most people know this.