Region 3AA

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(JustBeingNosy @ Feb 20 2007 - 06:04 PM) 826381562[/snapback]In my opinion district 5 should win 3 of the 4 opening round games. I don't see any way that Sweetwater can beat Sequatchie in Dunlap. The second round games at Cleveland State should be some humdingers regardless who wins in the opening round. Sequatchie seems to be playing their best ball right now and I see them making the finals unless Tellico upsets Central tonight.

...I saw Sequatchie's coach(Barker) at the game tonight...she was taking notes it seems like on every play...it was a game that could have gone either way but Central pulled it out 73-70...I agree with you...I think that 5-AA will win the 1st round 3-1...the last time a 6-AA team made it to the Region Finals was in 2005(Tyner played Walker Valley)...I saw the 6-AA Consolation and Championship game the other night and Sequatchie is probably the only team that can play with the 5-AA teams...the only other game that might prove me wrong is the Polk/Grundy game...it's tough to win in Coalmont...Polk should win but you never know...in my opinion the 'jury' is still out on Tellico until they make it past the Region semi-finals...they should meet Sequatchie and it will be a defining moment for the Lady Bears!!!

I would not be surprised to see Grundy beat Polk, playing at home they seem a lot more comfortable. You never know what Howard will bring, it didn't seem as if they hit one outside shot against Grundy Saturday but blocked shots and rebounding helped keep them pretty close until near the end of the third. They shot okay against Chattanooga Christian and won that one. It seemed like Brainerd gave Tellico some trouble, Howard has those kind of athletes and lots of height but Tellico would have to be favored. Seq may have been studying Tellico and McMinn Cent tonight but Sweetwater is the focus, certainly.

QUOTE(Indian Chief @ Feb 20 2007 - 10:48 PM) 826381929[/snapback]TynerRamFan, Did you watch the girl's championship game between Tellico Plains and McMinn Central? If so, what kind of game was it?

...It was an excellent game...both teams played hard...Central had the most balanced team but Brooke McKinnon was like A.I.(Allen Iverson); in the end it was Central's rebounding that made the difference...Tellico will probably win the game against Howard(although I wouldn't take them lightly either)...but I just see Sequatchie giving them some problems...I just hope the Ledford girl is playing because she is a talented youngster!!!

QUOTE(TynerRamFan @ Feb 20 2007 - 11:11 PM) 826382001[/snapback]...It was an excellent game...both teams played hard...Central had the most balanced team but Brooke McKinnon was like A.I.(Allen Iverson); in the end it was Central's rebounding that made the difference...Tellico will probably win the game against Howard(although I wouldn't take them lightly either)...but I just see Sequatchie giving them some problems...I just hope the Ledford girl is playing because she is a talented youngster!!!

Hats off to McKinnon...according to Chatt. paper she had 37 pts.

It also hurt Tellico that they couldn't get any stops on defense in the fourth and I'm sure that since they played their starting five almost the entire game (except for a couple of short breaks by two bench players) fatigue had to be a factor. In the first half Tellico really got in Centrals face on defense and went to the dressing room up by six at the half. Second half I thought defense dropped off a little and Central responded. Although I am not a fan of either team, (especially Central) they both played extremely well and it was a great game to watch.

QUOTE(SNIPER @ Feb 21 2007 - 10:23 AM) 826382550[/snapback]Sequatchie will be tough to beat in 6-AA. I don't know as much about 5-AA though.

Their playing good, and they have the talent to good all the way to state, if they just "Play their game"!

I see what you meant now. Sweetwater defeated Tyner rather than McMinn Central.

QUOTE(JustBeingNosy @ Jan 31 2007 - 08:37 AM) 826352790[/snapback]Don't worry.....if he ain't won it by now he NEVER will

His best chance to date was a couple of years ago when Housley, Patterson, and Lee (Fallon) were seniors. This current team is too young in my book, but they made it pretty far last year playing several freshmen. Most of their minutes go to freshmen and sophomores once again this year. McCaslin (senior post who's vastly improved) is the only upperclassman that gets appreciable playing time. Next year could be promising.

QUOTE(McMinn Central Maniac @ Feb 21 2007 - 11:41 AM) 826382800[/snapback]Sweetwater didn't defeat McMinn Central. McMinn Central won the district tournament last night over Tellico.

I know, I think I meant Sweetwater and Tellico were winners one particular night in the tournament, with Polk and McMinn Central also advancing.

QUOTE(Indian @ Feb 21 2007 - 03:55 PM) 826383103[/snapback]I know, I think I meant Sweetwater and Tellico were winners one particular night in the tournament, with Polk and McMinn Central also advancing.

I didn't realize what you meant until I'd already posted. I corrected it in a subsequent post. Sorry for the mixup.