How long will Volunteer get away this?

cougarball52

Sitting here listening to the DB-Volunteer game, it sounds as if its the Central-Volunteer games again. Let me guess, at the game right now, a DB player will get undercut and then you will see a Volunteer player throw his hands up. If it was one guy, it would be different. But it is the whole team. This has been going on for years, when is someone going to stop the cheap shots?

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Everyone knows they play dirty. They are coached this way. Todd Whittlemore coaches his players to try and hurt players from the opposing team. And as long as the officials allow it to happen, it will keep happening. I've had ex-players tell me how that he tells his players that the officials around here are so bad that they won't see half of the dirty tricks that he teaches and they will only call about 1/3 of what they see. Its really sad that when you step on a floor with a team that you have to be worried that they will intentially try and hurt you. But who do you blame? The coach for teaching this garbage or the officials for letting it happen?

QUOTE(Floor_General22 @ Feb 19 2007 - 08:58 PM) 826379879[/snapback]Everyone knows they play dirty. They are coached this way. Todd Whittlemore coaches his players to try and hurt players from the opposing team. And as long as the officials allow it to happen, it will keep happening. I've had ex-players tell me how that he tells his players that the officials around here are so bad that they won't see half of the dirty tricks that he teaches and they will only call about 1/3 of what they see. Its really sad that when you step on a floor with a team that you have to be worried that they will intentially try and hurt you. But who do you blame? The coach for teaching this garbage or the officials for letting it happen?

Yeah, Coach Whitt has a class once a month on how to play dirty. I think he teaches it every third saturday of the month. Maybe some of you guys should come sit in on it and learn a few things.

Go Falcons!

QUOTE(cougarball52 @ Feb 19 2007 - 07:13 PM) 826379720[/snapback]Sitting here listening to the DB-Volunteer game, it sounds as if its the Central-Volunteer games again. Let me guess, at the game right now, a DB player will get undercut and then you will see a Volunteer player throw his hands up. If it was one guy, it would be different. But it is the whole team. This has been going on for years, when is someone going to stop the cheap shots?

Yeah it was pretty bad in person. Exactly what you speak of happened...Coty got undercut on a break away and the refs didn't call anything. Jordan Edwards got beat to death (had to leave for a short period with blood on his jersey) by some kid that was only in the game to beat someone to death. You could watch them down low and it was rugged with nothing called. The sad part was the parents and fans were cheering everytime someone went crashing to the floor like they were watching Monday Night Raw. Then the coach goes in the papers and says he wishes they had 1 more minute to play...I guess he had a couple of more players he wanted to beat down before the game was over. Funny thing, they didn't pull any of that junk in the game at DB. Pretty sorry excuse for basketball in my opinion.

That isn't just me as a DB fan seeing things my way because if you watched the 2nd game between Science Hill and Tn High there wasn't any of that garbage. So the game can be played without butchering people.

QUOTE(cougarball52 @ Feb 20 2007 - 11:02 AM) 826380828[/snapback]They will keep doing it as long as they are beating teams with more talent and getting away with it.

Hey man i'm glad u got all this time to be on here crying about this and crying about that cause i figured i would let u know while u are on here crying about how u all have more talent and how we "murder" people well we are practicing STILL and STILL playing. For those of u that think coach whitt is telling us to kill well nope i've haven't missed a practice this year and i have yet to hear him say play dirt so u all keep thinking that but glad to know that u all are intrested in volunteer basketball enough to make our own thread you have a good day!!!

QUOTE(Smith25 @ Feb 20 2007 - 11:46 AM) 826380909[/snapback]Hey man i'm glad u got all this time to be on here crying about this and crying about that cause i figured i would let u know while u are on here crying about how u all have more talent and how we "murder" people well we are practicing STILL and STILL playing. For those of u that think coach whitt is telling us to kill well nope i've haven't missed a practice this year and i have yet to hear him say play dirt so u all keep thinking that but glad to know that u all are intrested in volunteer basketball enough to make our own thread you have a good day!!!

I can't speak for the Central fans, TN High Fans, or any other fans on here other than us DB fans, and I can tell you, without a doubt, we ARE NOT worried or concerned with Volunteer. We went 3-0 against you guys this year and 2 of them were not close at all and the final one was ONLY close because of an 11 day layoff and guerilla warfare that the Refs let go on. So, go back to class, get some work done because we have better teams and classier programs to worry about than you Church Hill, wannabe rednecks.

Oh yea, and when did they get internet in Church Hill??

QUOTE(Smith25 @ Feb 20 2007 - 11:46 AM) 826380909[/snapback]glad to know that u all are intrested in volunteer basketball enough to make our own thread you have a good day!!!

Sadly though this thread isn't about a positive such as how great of a season Volunteer is having or playing great in the tourney....but a negative in playing with a mindset that the refs can only call one fould on a play and if that play takes out a key player so be it. But hey I guess for the Falcons negative pub is better than no pub huh?

What was the deal with the refs letting Volunteer have 6 guys on the court when DB inbounded the ball? And after he figured out he wasn't supposed to be on the floor...he just walks off in front of everybody including Throp dribbling the ball and just sits down like the play's not even happening! Crazy...but I guess nothing should surprise me in that wrasslin match

QUOTE(BobSegar @ Feb 20 2007 - 12:19 PM) 826380966[/snapback]I can't speak for the Central fans, TN High Fans, or any other fans on here other than us DB fans, and I can tell you, without a doubt, we ARE NOT worried or concerned with Volunteer. We went 3-0 against you guys this year and 2 of them were not close at all and the final one was ONLY close because of an 11 day layoff and guerilla warfare that the Refs let go on. So, go back to class, get some work done because we have better teams and classier programs to worry about than you Church Hill, wannabe rednecks.

Oh yea, and when did they get internet in Church Hill??

You know last night was a good game between these 2 teams. Stop the crying, you won. People all over this conference are so amazed when a Hawkins Cty team gives them a run for their money. Then there is the lame comments "Internet in Church Hill?"cmon people grow up. As for Coach Whitt, he knows his basketball. He doesnt teach his players to hurt other players its an agressive game if the your little boys can't handle it take a ride to Blountville and visit the Cougars I hear they started baseball already. Kinda early huh??????

QUOTE(Snowman16 @ Feb 20 2007 - 01:24 PM) 826381100[/snapback]I've complained about this subject before but it seems that the same people who were telling me to grow up are now complaining also. Hmmmm. Physicality is what Volunteer HAS to rely on. They don't have any size and 0 post men. but if it ain't broke don't fix it right? or is that break it?

If we didnt have the talent we wouldnt be here. Size doesnt matter. Its the quality that these boys have backed by a great coaching team! And the the BEST Darn Fans in East TN!

GO FALCONS!!!!!!!!!!