Questions for Bradley C and Christian Bros

Double Trouble

QUOTE(Ibleedpurpleandgold @ Feb 21 2007 - 06:53 PM) 826383302[/snapback]I really don't think it's because they are scared. If that were the case, they would have refrained from wrestling Soddy after they had beaten Baylor.

Dont speak so fast....they found an excuse not to wrestle baylor and mc....maybe they are looking for a reason not to wrestle soddy now. To me its like going around saying your the fastest car in town...but you only race pintos.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(stand-up @ Feb 21 2007 - 07:39 PM) 826383459[/snapback]Dont speak so fast....they found an excuse not to wrestle baylor and mc....maybe they are looking for a reason not to wrestle soddy now. To me its like going around saying your the fastest car in town...but you only race pintos.

Then how else would my mouth keep up with my brain? Or fingers, if you want to get technical. I don't think your simile is quite apt, but then again, I'm never in contact with Bradley wrestling, so I suppose you hear them running around saying they are the best in the state? I, personally, have heard no such claims, especially since Soddy has proven otherwise.

And am I wrong that Bradley, this year as well as others, has also wrestled some of the best from Georgia?

I'm sure they have a reason for not wrestling Baylor or McCallie, however bogus it might be, but it's not because they're scared. And Ooltewah beat McCallie didn't they? Bradley still beat the Owls. I think the level of competition they have wrestled shows they are good and are not afraid of a challenge, but their avoidance of Baylor and McCallie has showed exactly what I said, that they're being stubborn about something.

QUOTE(Ibleedpurpleandgold @ Feb 21 2007 - 09:16 PM) 826383524[/snapback]Then how else would my mouth keep up with my brain? Or fingers, if you want to get technical. I don't think your simile is quite apt, but then again, I'm never in contact with Bradley wrestling, so I suppose you hear them running around saying they are the best in the state? I, personally, have heard no such claims, especially since Soddy has proven otherwise.

And am I wrong that Bradley, this year as well as others, has also wrestled some of the best from Georgia?

I'm sure they have a reason for not wrestling Baylor or McCallie, however bogus it might be, but it's not because they're scared. And Ooltewah beat McCallie didn't they? Bradley still beat the Owls. I think the level of competition they have wrestled shows they are good and are not afraid of a challenge, but their avoidance of Baylor and McCallie has showed exactly what I said, that they're being stubborn about something.

And still there is no answer as to how anyone can see it as a level playing field ( Public vs. Private). No they really enjoy wrestling and the rivalry that they have built between them and Soddy, I had many Bradley fans tell me last year and this year that they thought Soddy was the better team. I still do not see how sticking to what they believe is right for their program(hard to argue results) is stubborn pride. I don't see anyone telling the other coaches how to run their program. And by no means is this an attack on either Baylor or McCallie, my kids may end up attending one or the other if for nothing else academics, but just as I make those decisions so to does the Bradley staff make their decisions for their program, no one else should even try.

QUOTE(Ibleedpurpleandgold @ Feb 21 2007 - 04:33 PM) 826383228[/snapback]This head o' mine has gotta be good for something. Do I get clues?

no clues, you'll just have to wait till next christmas break when the old guys come back for a day or so of wrestling. when i throw you to the mat and pin you, i'll let you know then. lol only kidding.

QUOTE(shutout @ Feb 21 2007 - 10:11 AM) 826382525[/snapback]One big difference is that Private schools can elect not to let you attend for no reason at all thus the term PRIVATE. Public schools have to have a reason . And didn't a Baylor football player just last year leave and return to a Bradley county school to graduate with his friends?

He was asked to leave two weeks before graduation.

QUOTE(shutout @ Feb 21 2007 - 09:25 PM) 826383665[/snapback]I don't see anyone telling the other coaches how to run their program. And by no means is this an attack on either Baylor or McCallie, my kids may end up attending one or the other if for nothing else academics, but just as I make those decisions so to does the Bradley staff make their decisions for their program, no one else should even try.

He must have got his smarts from the Moms side!!

QUOTE(Ibleedpurpleandgold @ Feb 21 2007 - 05:53 PM) 826383302[/snapback]So then, what exactly are the principles at stake if Bradley were to wrestle Baylor? If Bradley is guilty of receiving their own group of 'recruits' over the years, whether they be actively recruited or decide to attend the school of their own accord, why so put out at Baylor? I guess I just fail to see the exact reasoning behind Bradley deciding not to wrestle Baylor, if that is indeed the case. However, I really don't think it's because they are scared. If that were the case, they would have refrained from wrestling Soddy after they had beaten Baylor.

Forgive my ignorance, but I just don't see how sticking to unclarified principles is anything other than stubborness.

So bottom line is that Legman is stuborn like a mule. That mule has produced some great teams and wrestlers. So does any of the private schools go to the Bradley Tourney? Does Bradley go to tourneys that have private schools in them?

Just wondering> If no answers, I can look it up.

QUOTE(Ibleedpurpleandgold @ Feb 21 2007 - 05:53 PM) 826383302[/snapback]So then, what exactly are the principles at stake if Bradley were to wrestle Baylor? If Bradley is guilty of receiving their own group of 'recruits' over the years, whether they be actively recruited or decide to attend the school of their own accord, why so put out at Baylor? I guess I just fail to see the exact reasoning behind Bradley deciding not to wrestle Baylor, if that is indeed the case. However, I really don't think it's because they are scared. If that were the case, they would have refrained from wrestling Soddy after they had beaten Baylor.

Forgive my ignorance, but I just don't see how sticking to unclarified principles is anything other than stubborness.

So bottom line is that Legman is stuborn like a mule. That mule has produced some great teams and wrestlers. So does any of the private schools go to the Bradley Tourney? Does Bradley go to tourneys that have private schools in them?

Just wondering> If no answers, I can look it up.

QUOTE(shutout @ Feb 24 2007 - 02:28 PM) 826387257[/snapback]No, the bottom line is it's their progam not yours, mine or ours. Takedown3 why was he asked to leave? Did they have the same reason before football season or after? Just curious.

A culmination of bad behavior. The straw that broke the camel's back occured after football season. Would a lesser athlete been given multiple chances? Oh I'm sorry! I'm being cynical about The Baylor School for Boys and Girls' honor system.

QUOTE(takedown3 @ Feb 24 2007 - 05:30 PM) 826387433[/snapback]A culmination of bad behavior. The straw that broke the camel's back occured after football season. Would a lesser athlete been given multiple chances? Oh I'm sorry! I'm being cynical about The Baylor School for Boys and Girls' honor system.

QUOTE(takedown3 @ Feb 24 2007 - 05:30 PM) 826387433[/snapback]A culmination of bad behavior. The straw that broke the camel's back occured after football season. Would a lesser athlete been given multiple chances? Oh I'm sorry! I'm being cynical about The Baylor School for Boys and Girls' honor system.

I believe the rules are applied equally across the board. 2 strikes (for this particular sin) and you're done. Look back over the last 5 or 6 years and you'll find more than one senior that was outstanding in both academics and athletics that had the same fate. Gnaw on 'em for real issues. Not ones that you conjure up.