Tennessee High vs. Dobyns-Bennett

BristolBoy

QUOTE(VolmanScott @ Feb 22 2007 - 11:01 PM) 826385313[/snapback]But, just think, if WacoJaco was your coach, you'd be undefeated!! He can coach AND announce the game on the radio at the same time! AND he can sit and make fun of all the fans in the stands while posting on his laptop for CoachT!! If only we were all as perfect as Waco!

You are 100% correct !

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have seen the Falcons in action several times but their two performances in the District tournament really stand out. For the sake of adding to the continual bashing of this team I will just say that, they play the game with A LOT of emotion. But there is a fine line between playing with emotion and being overly aggressive. I felt that in the latter part of both these two games the emotion turned to aggression and that line was compromised. Part of a coaches job is to get his troops emotionally ready to compete, and coach Whittemore obviously does a good job of that. The other side of that is to know when to reel them in when they are about to cross that line I was referring to, and in these two games he deliberately failed to do so (partly because I feel he was emotionally pulled in himself). The refs must also keep this emotion in check but they haven't shown that they are willing to do so. At one point I saw a Volunteer player actually rap his leg around a Science Hill player in a scramble on the floor for possession of the ball and instead of a foul, it was called a jump ball even though the only part of his body (that I saw) touching the ball was his foot. So if I could interject my two cents of advise to the Volunteer players and coaches I would say...a true champion wins with grace and dignity but when it doesn't go your way you must take the lose with grace and dignity. That defines your character.

QUOTE(Stokomo @ Feb 22 2007 - 09:46 PM) 826385148[/snapback]Please see the name ID used. I do not hide behind fake ID's. Stokomo... Coach Stokely? Everybody knows who I am on here that has taken the time and been on here long enough. It is nice of you to try and figure out who I am, but if you actually looked at my posts, then you would know. Coach Whitt never played for DB or Van Huss. He is a New Yorker. So he is not making excuses for anything. I am not making excuses for anything. It is what it is, not accusations. I have all the time in the world to be on here, like you. MAybe if you spent more time cheering for your team, instead of p'ing in our Cheerios, you'd post less negative comments. Again.... just another assumption by the general. GOD Bless!!!! Even though you mock my sincerity.

If you don't like people mocking your sincerity try not using "p'ing in our Cheerios" in the same breath that you say "God Bless". Somehow that just doesn't work for me.

QUOTE(bball120906 @ Feb 22 2007 - 10:06 PM) 826385194[/snapback]As a fan i personally think that whittemore is one of the best coaches in the big 9. His team loves him on and off the court.Any player on that team would run through a wall for him.Volunteer might not be the #1 team in the confernce but they out hustle everyone.I think you have to do wat it takes to win and i dont believe it was as bad as the kingsport parents are making it seem.From what i hear the only tecnical was an accidental time oout called near the end of the game so obviously not to rough.

I agree, Volunteer is a tough team. They are a very well conditioned team to be able to run all game and still shoot like they do. I think they might have one true post player but he doesnt start, other than that everyone can handle the ball well and shoot. They might be trouble in the regional game.

For those of you you that saw the Science Hill, Volunteer game, could you answer me this. Should there have been a foul called everytime the Science Hill player pushed down the Volunteer player underneath the basket. I guess he was running through to the other side, but I saw the kid on the floor several times and once I saw the SH player with his arm out as the kid was going down, so should there have been a foul or was that just good acting?

QUOTE(lovemyfalcons @ Feb 23 2007 - 11:05 AM) 826385750[/snapback]:angry: This negative statement is the probably the reason the forum turned into defending a team that hustles!

Geez you guys must be pretty thin skinned if a comment about the refs gets your bowels in an uproar like that or could be your boys hustle a bit too HARD for the delicate nature of the game of basketball. Methinks thou dost protest too much.

Good Lord, you people need some cheese with your whine? I've never heard so much crying in my life over a rough basketball game or two. Nobody said a thing about Volunteer until they made it to the regionals. Newsflash! They've been playing tough all year. If not, they wouldn't be above .500. If the refs don't call it, then I say play on. Can we lay this to rest now? It's getting old and I'm running out of tissue to hand out. Good luck to district 1.

QUOTE(VolmanScott @ Feb 23 2007 - 12:15 PM) 826385855[/snapback]Good Lord, you people need some cheese with your whine? I've never heard so much crying in my life over a rough basketball game or two. Nobody said a thing about Volunteer until they made it to the regionals. Newsflash! They've been playing tough all year. If not, they wouldn't be above .500. If the refs don't call it, then I say play on. Can we lay this to rest now? It's getting old and I'm running out of tissue to hand out. Good luck to district 1.

Amen to that! Congratulations to TN High on the win. Everybody quit whining now and get ready to represent the Big 9.

QUOTE(VolmanScott @ Feb 23 2007 - 12:15 PM) 826385855[/snapback]Good Lord, you people need some cheese with your whine? I've never heard so much crying in my life over a rough basketball game or two. Nobody said a thing about Volunteer until they made it to the regionals. Newsflash! They've been playing tough all year. If not, they wouldn't be above .500. If the refs don't call it, then I say play on. Can we lay this to rest now? It's getting old and I'm running out of tissue to hand out. Good luck to district 1.

I agree and am hoping for the Big 9 to be representing Tuesday at South. Good luck Big 9....we may be dysfunctional be we still are a family

QUOTE(VolmanScott @ Feb 23 2007 - 12:15 PM) 826385855[/snapback]It's getting old and I'm running out of tissue to hand out.

I didn't get one