REGION 4 CLASS A

danba

QUOTE(gotmilk? @ Feb 20 2007 - 03:18 PM) 826381416[/snapback]RBS and JC should advance fairly easily, but Westmoreland and Gordonsville are not pushovers by any means, Crange and Monterey will have there work cut out for them in the first round! the post season is a whole different beast than the regular season, especially when you play the first round at home, where theses 2(Westmoreland and Gordonsville) teams have lost only 5 games combine at home this year by my count! And out of lose 5, 3 were avenged at the opposing teams home with the only 2 not avenged were against RBS! Dont expect Crange nor Monterey to have a cakewalk

...lol i dont think montereys thought of anyone being a cake walk (thier district isnrt a cake walk .. with the likes of rbs jc and clarkange )...but the girls have definately showed some heart and fight in the districts......hope the fact theyve split with gordonsville in reg season gives them enough spark to play just as hard in the regions.. good luck lady cats and to all in districts

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(BuffaloFan @ Feb 20 2007 - 06:18 PM) 826381650[/snapback]Guys we are in a big hole. We are not playing good ball right now. Gotta travel to a tough first round game in a hostile environment (Westmoreland or Gordonsville). We can't even think about RBS yet, and they are smokin' hot right now. Anybody got a ladder, so we can try to climb out......danba????anyone???

ps...congrats RBS on the district championship. Swanson, 1/3 of your prediction has come true. Question: When was the last district title for RBS? just curious.

Hey BuffaloFan...If I'm not mistaken, this was our first district championship since 1989.

Well,

Since most threads have a devil's advocate here I am....

Clarkrange at Westmoreland

This won't be a cakewalk for either team. Westmoreland is well coached (as is Clarkrange), and if the Westmoreland ladies are hitting their shots they are very tough to beat at home.

Monterey at Gordonsville

While I understand there is no respect for 8A much less their district champion to think that Gordonsville is an underdog here is dangerous thinking. Butch will be ready with a good game plan and he will have it executed. The Lady Tigers will body the Ladies from Monterey up from the first to the last buzzer. Gordonsville is a scrappy team that just won't quit.

Trousdale at Jackson County

If Trousdale can hang the first half they have a great chance to take this one. They are definately at second half team. Any momentum they can get in the 4th quarter will give them a good chance here. The only way this does not happen if Jackson County puts them away in the first half.

Watertown at RBS

Watertown is a good team, but they don't match up well here. RBS takes this one unless they overlook the Purple Tigers.

Best of luck to all Region 4 teams!

QUOTE(commander @ Feb 21 2007 - 09:35 AM) 826382580[/snapback]Well,

Since most threads have a devil's advocate here I am....

Clarkrange at Westmoreland

This won't be a cakewalk for either team. Westmoreland is well coached (as is Clarkrange), and if the Westmoreland ladies are hitting their shots they are very tough to beat at home.

Monterey at Gordonsville

While I understand there is no respect for 8A much less their district champion to think that Gordonsville is an underdog here is dangerous thinking. Butch will be ready with a good game plan and he will have it executed. The Lady Tigers will body the Ladies from Monterey up from the first to the last buzzer. Gordonsville is a scrappy team that just won't quit.

Trousdale at Jackson County

If Trousdale can hang the first half they have a great chance to take this one. They are definately at second half team. Any momentum they can get in the 4th quarter will give them a good chance here. The only way this does not happen if Jackson County puts them away in the first half.

Watertown at RBS

Watertown is a good team, but they don't match up well here. RBS takes this one unless they overlook the Purple Tigers.

Best of luck to all Region 4 teams!

I'll take Westmoreland in a close one, b/c of the Buffs late downward spiral. Gordonsville by 5 or 10, JC by 30, and RBS by the same.

QUOTE(Z King of D Swing @ Feb 21 2007 - 10:40 AM) 826382709[/snapback]I'll take Westmoreland in a close one, b/c of the Buffs late downward spiral. Gordonsville by 5 or 10, JC by 30, and RBS by the same.

I would think that Lamar will have Clarkrange ready to play and Westmoreland will be no match for them. The lady Buffs by 5 points or more. My understanding is the downward spiral is over everyone is ready to play. Monterey will be the favored team. Gordonsville will have their hand full after Monterey play so well with Clarkrange. Monterey by 3 points. Both JC and RBS will win big if they are playing up to par Friday night. JC by 30 and RBS by 40.

Not to many people giving a good Westmoreland team a chance! By my count, Westmoreland has only lost 2 home games all season and those were to the 7A champs RBS and the 8AA champs Station Camp! I have seen Westmoreland play, and if they play there game, they can beat Crange at home! But they will have to bring there A game!