Union City - Lake County

LU_the_Eagle

you can't pass anything off as indigestion with LC on the court...

I think the LC Trenton game will come within 15 with LC on top. However, as someone else mentioned LC did come out hard the whole game against Clark-whoever the other night. I have a feeling it will be the same way against Trenton. UC over Humbolt by 20. Sain and Epperson get in foul trouble early.

I liked the refs we have been getting. I don't know where they are from but I like em. Don't always agree with them but after what this season has brought they did well to me. Kind of a different style of calling. If they don't start calling some fouls it will get ugly in any UC-LC-HBLT match-up.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Themightymac @ Feb 25 2007 - 05:42 PM) 826388946[/snapback]you can't pass anything off as indigestion with LC on the court...

I think the LC Trenton game will come within 15 with LC on top. However, as someone else mentioned LC did come out hard the whole game against Clark-whoever the other night. I have a feeling it will be the same way against Trenton. UC over Humbolt by 20. Sain and Epperson get in foul trouble early.

I liked the refs we have been getting. I don't know where they are from but I like em. Don't always agree with them but after what this season has brought they did well to me. Kind of a different style of calling. If they don't start calling some fouls it will get ugly in any UC-LC-HBLT match-up.

With the lack of fouls that have been called, I don't think Sain & Epperson will get in foul trouble... not early anyway. If Humboldt will apply the D & take their shots in the paint, this one could be a nail biter.

backinthaoc, I'd rather have Peabody opposite me also, but Peabody may step it up. My prediction is LC by 20, but if Dexter Vaughn is hitting 3s like he was last night, it may be a long game...

QUOTE(spellerone @ Feb 25 2007 - 07:41 PM) 826388942[/snapback]OC you have said that in the district final you never felt for one minute that UC would lose. I don't doubt you on that. I think you are honest for the most part unless you want to push some buttons. Unfortunately for me I had to stand on the UC side of the gym to watch that game. You may not have been worried, but I was standing beside some UC faithful who I feel safe in saying did not share your unwavering enthusiasm. They were yelling and screaming their approval most of the game except when screaming at the referees for cheating for LC. That referee bashing which I have been guilty of myself is not exclusive to UC I know. I am positve that the LC fans were doing some bashing of their own. Be that as it may, when LC made the run late in the game it was quieter than a monastery full of monks taking their vow of silence. And I don't think there was any quiet confidence going on. Your confidence in UC's winning( I almost said or losing what was I thinking), says something about you and you only. What you were believing or not believing sitting in the stands had no bearing on the possible outcome. If not for those three daggers that Allen delivered, that very well could have been a LC win. And then I guess you would have been surprised about that. I will say here and now that UC is the better team( I know that isn't a revelation) but as we all know in highschool basketball the best team doesn't always advance. Sometimes you just have to win at the right time. As those absentee Middleton fans used to say "Win when it counts". As for me at this point in the season I won't be surprised if UC loses. You can believe that or not and I DO care...........a little bit.

You know spellerone,you are one of the few on here that actually get it.....

To go a little further....What I say on here has absolutely no bearing on the outcome of any game Union City plays in...Some people actually believe what they say on here does affect the outcome of a game.....As far as what the other UC fans were feeling,they probably were worried...I learned along time ago that in the big scheme of things it really doesn't matter who wins a game or not.....I feel for you on having to stand by the Union City faithful...It must have been tough clapping for the Green and Gold in the midst of all that purple....But,try being a Union City fan sitting on the next bleacher up from the LC team and actually being that close to coach Whitby and surrounded by Humboldt Viking fans.....

QUOTE(mrbigster @ Feb 25 2007 - 03:16 PM) 826388646[/snapback]AOC..Don't go doctoring those stats..I watched U.C. play Trenton and while most of the starters were out a couple were still in close to the end..May have been Wilkins..Not sure..Hit his head on the floor late in the game..I guess if U.C. puts two subs in with their starters ..it's considered 2nd team..

Come on....You have to have more evidence than that before accusations are made. "may have been".....backinthaoc just corrected you on this misprint. A stat is a stat. How can you doctor this? This whole "running the score up deal" needs to stop. It is not UC's fault that their "second or third stringers" are really good and mistaken for starters.

QUOTE(3153 @ Feb 25 2007 - 08:59 PM) 826389236[/snapback]Come on....You have to have more evidence than that before accusations are made. "may have been".....backinthaoc just corrected you on this misprint. A stat is a stat. How can you doctor this? This whole "running the score up deal" needs to stop. It is not UC's fault that their "second or third stringers" are really good and mistaken for starters.

Tell 'em!

QUOTE(backinthaoc @ Feb 25 2007 - 07:15 PM) 826389111[/snapback]You know spellerone,you are one of the few on here that actually get it.....

To go a little further....What I say on here has absolutely no bearing on the outcome of any game Union City plays in...Some people actually believe what they say on here does affect the outcome of a game.....As far as what the other UC fans were feeling,they probably were worried...I learned along time ago that in the big scheme of things it really doesn't matter who wins a game or not.....I feel for you on having to stand by the Union City faithful...It must have been tough clapping for the Green and Gold in the midst of all that purple....But,try being a Union City fan sitting on the next bleacher up from the LC team and actually being that close to coach Whitby and surrounded by Humboldt Viking fans.....

It definitely was not easy but I persevered. It was difficult not replying to some of the comments but if I had it probably would have gotten ugly and I had absolutely no backup. I sure enjoyed that moment of silence though. As for your situation, that was double jeopardy. I guess that is the price we pay for not getting to the game early enough. As much as I hate to I gotta work. I will be getting there late tomorrow night too but better late than never. I noticed in one of your posts you said UC players just go about their business after a big play or whatever. I said something very similar to that in a post. Not sure who said it first. But I think that we have a clear case of plagiarism against you or me. I have my attorneys researching that for me now. You are from Obion County so you are obviously financially well off. I should be able to retire after winning the lawsuit. /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

QUOTE(spellerone @ Feb 26 2007 - 10:54 PM) 826390827[/snapback]It definitely was not easy but I persevered. It was difficult not replying to some of the comments but if I had it probably would have gotten ugly and I had absolutely no backup. I sure enjoyed that moment of silence though. As for your situation, that was double jeopardy. I guess that is the price we pay for not getting to the game early enough. As much as I hate to I gotta work. I will be getting there late tomorrow night too but better late than never. I noticed in one of your posts you said UC players just go about their business after a big play or whatever. I said something very similar to that in a post. Not sure who said it first. But I think that we have a clear case of plagiarism against you or me. I have my attorneys researching that for me now. You are from Obion County so you are obviously financially well off. I should be able to retire after winning the lawsuit. /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Attorneys??...You better get a good one...I do /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> With post dates and times on these little boxes,it wouldn't be too hard to track down....Since I don't ever recall seeing a post where you said the same thing as me,maybe you are the one that posted after me??...Or great minds could be thinking alike....Either way,it is true the Union City players are not showboats,they don't try to embarrass an opposing player and they don't get baited into any conflicts.....I was late too or I would have probably been that person making those comments that you wanted to reply to.....I was running late because I was attending my youngest son's basketball banquet..I hope to be there much earlier Tuesday nite....

QUOTE(backinthaoc @ Feb 26 2007 - 10:03 PM) 826391007[/snapback]Attorneys??...You better get a good one...I do /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> With post dates and times on these little boxes,it wouldn't be too hard to track down....Since I don't ever recall seeing a post where you said the same thing as me,maybe you are the one that posted after me??...Or great minds could be thinking alike....Either way,it is true the Union City players are not showboats,they don't try to embarrass an opposing player and they don't get baited into any conflicts.....I was late too or I would have probably been that person making those comments that you wanted to reply to.....I was running late because I was attending my youngest son's basketball banquet..I hope to be there much earlier Tuesday nite....

I have just one question for which I'm sure I will be severely reprimanded but if Union City players are not showboats then WHY WHY WHY did the Union City player in the 130 pt win over Trenton throw up a shot from halfcourt with 2 seconds left on the clock? Was it not enough to score 127? Why not just dribble around till the clock ran out? I'm sure no one expected it to go in probably including him so why throw it up? That act kind of adds fuel to the trying to blow out and run up the score argument.

QUOTE(BIG D 55 @ Feb 26 2007 - 11:18 PM) 826391189[/snapback]I have just one question for which I'm sure I will be severely reprimanded but if Union City players are not showboats then WHY WHY WHY did the Union City player in the 130 pt win over Trenton throw up a shot from halfcourt with 2 seconds left on the clock? Was it not enough to score 127? Why not just dribble around till the clock ran out? I'm sure no one expected it to go in probably including him so why throw it up? That act kind of adds fuel to the trying to blow out and run up the score argument.

Big D that kid is a sophomore..And after he did it i saw Shane run over there and get in his jock pretty heavy...I will bet you anykind of money you want to that you WILL NOT see a starter do that that plays for Union City..And something else i noticed..People is saying UC don't have any class runnning the score up the way they do...Well not that it matters at all but..Big Sandy left all their starters in almost the whole game until about 2 min left in the game against our 4 freshmen and 1 sophomore..And i noticed their little OPEY TAYLOR looking coach over there just clapping away and having himself a good old time the whole second half against our 3rd team...Our starting 5 never seen the floor after the 1st quarter..Well a few of them might have played a couple of min. in the 2nd...So what im trying to get at is the people from other teams saying UC has no class is all haters and they are simply outclassed!!..And i feel very good about going to West Carrol with the best coach in West TN and the best 1a team in West TN and watching them do what they do best,and thats GETTING IT DONE!! /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

QUOTE(BIG D 55 @ Feb 26 2007 - 11:18 PM) 826391189[/snapback]I have just one question for which I'm sure I will be severely reprimanded but if Union City players are not showboats then WHY WHY WHY did the Union City player in the 130 pt win over Trenton throw up a shot from halfcourt with 2 seconds left on the clock? Was it not enough to score 127? Why not just dribble around till the clock ran out? I'm sure no one expected it to go in probably including him so why throw it up? That act kind of adds fuel to the trying to blow out and run up the score argument.

This is tourney time. Put up, or go home. Not the time to baby with teams, for if you do you will be going home yourself. I am a firm believer of getting into the heads of future opponents by intimadation. Let me ask you this: would future opponents look at UC differently if all of there games this year were fairly close?? You bet they would. Not only that, but UC would probably would have lost more games in the process. When a team gets in a rhythm, you do not want to change that as you could lose focus from players and create layziness because that would be what you are teaching. UC beats most teams mentally before they even step on the court. When the game does start there suffocating defense really steamrolls things and there opponents just lay down.

NOW, I would see your point if this was a starter and regardless it could be looked at as a lack of class either way. But that kid busts his but just like all the other players all year long. He gets put into the game and wants to score, not dribble the ball around. He is a sophmore.

Kids will be kids, regardless of how you look at it and this is JUST A GAME!! I bet if you were that kids parents, you would have been thrilled after that shot. Heck, the Trenton fans sure were because some of them gave him a standing ovation after it.

Besides, the whole fourth quarter of that game, there was no defense at all. It was just a scrimmage type atmosphere with mostly freshmen and sophmores having fun.

QUOTE(copenoc @ Feb 27 2007 - 07:40 AM) 826391368[/snapback]Big D that kid is a sophomore..And after he did it i saw Shane run over there and get in his jock pretty heavy...I will bet you anykind of money you want to that you WILL NOT see a starter do that that plays for Union City..And something else i noticed..People is saying UC don't have any class runnning the score up the way they do...Well not that it matters at all but..Big Sandy left all their starters in almost the whole game until about 2 min left in the game against our 4 freshmen and 1 sophomore..And i noticed their little OPEY TAYLOR looking coach over there just clapping away and having himself a good old time the whole second half against our 3rd team...Our starting 5 never seen the floor after the 1st quarter..Well a few of them might have played a couple of min. in the 2nd...So what im trying to get at is the people from other teams saying UC has no class is all haters and they are simply outclassed!!..And i feel very good about going to West Carrol with the best coach in West TN and the best 1a team in West TN and watching them do what they do best,and thats GETTING IT DONE!! /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

I was sitting behind the UC bench and after the game the Big Sandy coach told Shane, "Thank you". What I get out of that is he also knew how bad the game could have actually turned out.

And BackintheOC, are you a county fan and UC fan both?