Huntingdon Mustangs

policecopper

Huntingdon is loaded. If they can stay healthly and play with unselfishness, they should win the state championship. They have (3) shut down pitchers with Clift, Crocker, and now McAdams. They are well coached. McKenize won the state with one shut down pitcher. Huntingdon is slowly becoming powerhouse baseball program in class A. The rest of us must sit back and just watch.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(TigerBenchPress @ Mar 14 2007 - 09:02 AM) 826411248[/snapback]Huntingdon is loaded. If they can stay healthly and play with unselfishness, they should win the state championship. They have (3) shut down pitchers with Clift, Crocker, and now McAdams. They are well coached. McKenize won the state with one shut down pitcher. Huntingdon is slowly becoming powerhouse baseball program in class A. The rest of us must sit back and just watch.

Crocker is the only one that will shut down anybody but he is not a Hayes.

QUOTE(straightbill307 @ Mar 14 2007 - 11:47 PM) 826412454[/snapback]Huntington plays Harpeth next Thursday on the 23rd in the Courier Classic.

You are exactly right buddy. "WHEN he is on" which is not very often which does not make him a shut down pitcher.

QUOTE(poptart23 @ Mar 14 2007 - 11:50 PM) 826412460[/snapback]whenever spencer clift is on he has the ability to shut anyone down

You are exactly right buddy. "WHEN he is on" which is not very often which does not make him a shut down pitcher

QUOTE(Baddogg11 @ Mar 15 2007 - 09:49 PM) 826413675[/snapback]You are exactly right buddy. "WHEN he is on" which is not very often which does not make him a shut down pitcher.

You are exactly right buddy. "WHEN he is on" which is not very often which does not make him a shut down pitcher

He is "ON" enough to be a signee with the defending JUCO World Series Champion Walters State.Where are you gonna play or have played crackerjack.

QUOTE(NEWSTANG @ Mar 16 2007 - 12:39 PM) 826414175[/snapback]He is "ON" enough to be a signee with the defending JUCO World Series Champion Walters State.Where are you gonna play or have played crackerjack.

Where am i going to play??? Played four years of college ball and as a pitcher. All conference 2 years in college, all district three years in high school, and player of the year in district as well as all state pitcher. I didn't say clift wasn't a good pitcher, just not a shut down pitcher. So where do you play? In the mustang band?

Not a bad week at all for the Mustangs. 3 big wins. 3-A Hardin Co. 2-A Milan and 2-A Covington. Fell to 2-A Dyer County.

Coach EuBanks puts to guys in front of the best teams to get the Mustangs ready for the District Games later on.

Another hard week ahead.

03/19...3-A ..Hickman Co.

03/22...2-A...McNairy Co.

03/22...2-A...Harpeth

03/23...3-A...Lawrence Co.

The Huntingdon Mustangs made a trip over into Middle Tn. to vs. 3-A Hickman Co. The bats got hot late in the game with Back to Back Dings from Brayden Baxter and one from Cole McAdam. Colton Dill and Lucas Dill had a 2B with Clifft getting a 3B. Spencer Clifft got the win and Cody Crocker closed the door in the 7th. Got out with a 8-3 win to improve to 4-1 on the season.

Baxter went 2-3

QUOTE(Baddogg11 @ Mar 18 2007 - 12:36 AM) 826416015[/snapback]Where am i going to play??? Played four years of college ball and as a pitcher. All conference 2 years in college, all district three years in high school, and player of the year in district as well as all state pitcher. I didn't say clift wasn't a good pitcher, just not a shut down pitcher. So where do you play? In the mustang band?

Sorry about the crackerjack comment baddogg. I usually don't get caught up in the little name calling crap that goes on here. That was your opinion and you are entitled to it. I know I have seen Clifft pitch probably more than anybody other than his dad. He is as good as anybody in West tn. He may get a little wild on occassion, but he is still throwing as hard in the 6th and 7th as he is in the 1st. If you take a radar gun anywhere in West tn I bet you won't find a handful that can do that. Most will drop off 6-7 to 10 mph. Again , sorry and not doubting your knowledge or whatever of the game. That is your opinion and we will just have to wait until McKenzie and Huntingdon go at it this year. Good luck to Mckenzie. I hope we are both back in the state tournament.

QUOTE(NEWSTANG @ Mar 21 2007 - 08:02 AM) 826419190[/snapback]Sorry about the crackerjack comment baddogg. I usually don't get caught up in the little name calling crap that goes on here. That was your opinion and you are entitled to it. I know I have seen Clifft pitch probably more than anybody other than his dad. He is as good as anybody in West tn. He may get a little wild on occassion, but he is still throwing as hard in the 6th and 7th as he is in the 1st. If you take a radar gun anywhere in West tn I bet you won't find a handful that can do that. Most will drop off 6-7 to 10 mph. Again , sorry and not doubting your knowledge or whatever of the game. That is your opinion and we will just have to wait until McKenzie and Huntingdon go at it this year. Good luck to Mckenzie. I hope we are both back in the state tournament.

I agree that the majority of high school pitchers lose velocity throughout the game. 10 mph may be a bit much though!! As for Clifft, he's a good pitcher, but it's pretty bold to say he is as good as anyone in West TN. The West has a few exceptional pitchers this year. It's all about opinions though!! Good luck this year!