Rockwood & Cosby / Grace & Harriman

DCBoysfan

District 3 single A was full of excitement Wednesday night. Harriman High School was packed and witnessed 2 great ones with each game going into overtime. Congrats to Rockwood on a buzzer beater by Brezeale to pick up the one point win and way to go Grace Christian on your first district title with the 3 point win over Harriman. Both games were just awesome and I believe that anyone would agree that was present.

Congrats to Coach Lamb of the GCA Rams for being named coach of the year in district 3A.

From last to first in just 3 years. Great job.

Jenkins had 23, but that's pretty good on him. He did drain a couple of threes from another area code, but when a guy buries a 28-footer there's not much you can do.

What did everybody think of the walking call on Golphin with 5 seconds left in the Rockwood game. I've never seen a guy called for walking when he never picked the ball up. I don't know what the ref saw, but it was one of the strangest things I've seen. He comes off a pick, drives toward the basket and the whistle blows. I thought they were fixing to call a block or hand check on Cosby.

QUOTE(goosevol @ Feb 22 2007 - 12:56 AM) 826384032[/snapback]Jenkins had 23, but that's pretty good on him. He did drain a couple of threes from another area code, but when a guy buries a 28-footer there's not much you can do.

What did everybody think of the walking call on Golphin with 5 seconds left in the Rockwood game. I've never seen a guy called for walking when he never picked the ball up. I don't know what the ref saw, but it was one of the strangest things I've seen. He comes off a pick, drives toward the basket and the whistle blows. I thought they were fixing to call a block or hand check on Cosby.

It seemed he slightly dragged his pivot foot on his first step before the dribble. Speeking as an official myself though, I don't believe that I could have called that at this point of the game when it had happened earlier in the game also by both teams. Anyway, the better team won.

QUOTE(goosevol @ Feb 22 2007 - 12:56 AM) 826384032[/snapback]Jenkins had 23, but that's pretty good on him. He did drain a couple of threes from another area code, but when a guy buries a 28-footer there's not much you can do.

Goose-- I asked the official during the timeout afterward, he called a carry....which is a travel. He just didnt give the 'palming' signal.

QUOTE(hopalot @ Feb 22 2007 - 08:53 AM) 826384186[/snapback]Goose-- I asked the official during the timeout afterward, he called a carry....which is a travel. He just didnt give the 'palming' signal.

Well that makes since because he definitely never picked up his dribble and he had been dribbling for five seconds or more when the call was made. I still don't like the call though, because it hadn't been made against him the whole game and then it's made with 5.4 seconds left. If he had been doing it the whole game then it should have been called the whole game. Not just when the game's on the line.

That's just my opinion though and I think for the most part the refs do a great job.

QUOTE(Ram Fan @ Feb 22 2007 - 08:33 AM) 826384167[/snapback]Anyway, the better team won.

Cosby beat Rockwood in the regular season by 13 and 8.

I wasn't at the game so Rockwood might have been the better team last night

but I don't think so overall.

I'm kinda glad The Eagles don't have to make the trip to Wartburg though.

Cosby did miss a free throw at the end of regulation and in overtime that could have made it a three-point game both times and that would have made Rockwood shoot from downtown instead of being able to go inside in both cases. I also think Cosby missed the front end of a one-and-one sometime in the last two minutes of regulation. Not sure about that though, I've seen so many games this week that I could be getting them mixed up.

QUOTE(CosbyEagle @ Feb 22 2007 - 11:20 AM) 826384386[/snapback]I'm kinda glad The Eagles don't have to make the trip to Wartburg though.

Oliver Springs is only about 15 mins. closer than coming to Wartburg. Oliver Springs is probably the best atmosphere that Cosby will have played in all year. They have a loud, echoey small gym. Also, they have a loud and wild student section. It's going to be a very hostile environment. Good luck to both teams.

I'll try to fire up the Bobcat nation a bit up here, but Cosby is one of the most hated (just because they beat everybody) teams around and every crowd gets fired up when the Eagles come to win. I really doubt the Eagles will be intimidated by the "Rage in the Cage". Now let's see if the purple and gold fans can prove me wrong.