District 10A

bigtuck4242

Sorry tuck, I got to a compter before you could get home.

Jo Byrns 4 East Lit 1

Parker Holman gets the win giving up 7 hits with 0 bb and 3 k

Justin Teasley takes a hard loss after giving up 5 hits, 3 bb, one HBP and striking out 17.

He now has 123 k's in 66 innings.

Adkins and Holman each had two hits and Corbin had one for Jo Byrns.

Davis and Brasher had two hits each for East Lit with Teasley, Keen and Trenton Love getting one each.

Jo Byrns finishes the district tied with NCS at 11-3

East Lit finishes tied with McEwen at 3-11.

Good luck to the Red Devils and Coach Carlilse the rest of the way.

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, we lost to CA today 13-9. They dinked n dunked the ball, but our defense has gone down the shute the last 2 games. I'll be the first to admit, I've had some bad defensive games myself the last two days, and I have to step it up before saturday just as much as the rest of the guys. It was a horrible game, but also very humbling for us, especially myself. We look to respond tomorrow against Westmoreland and get our heads straight before saturday.

Ok after i read all of this i am going to put down what i think is the match-ups saturday at houston co., this is without looking at anyone's record just guessing what i'm pretty sure it is:

1 NCS 11-3

8 East Lit? 3-11

5 CA? 7-7?

4 Heritage? 8-6

3 East Robertson 10-4

6 Houston Co.? 6-8

7 McEwen? 3-11

2 Jo Byrns 11-3

Somebody please correct me if these are wrong cause i wanna know who's playing who

QUOTE(butler7 @ May 1 2007 - 02:10 PM) 826449272[/snapback]ER and Clinard beat McEwen 2-1. Clinard gave up 1 hit, and Gornowitz (I think) gave up 2. Both ER runs scored on a McEwen error.

ER took the 2nd game 5-2.

both runs were owned both scored by anthony coffee who had 2 hits by himself and the rest of the adding 3...coffee scored both runs which would make them earned and mcewen sole run was scored on a dropped strike three and three passed balls

QUOTE(ERBaseball25 @ May 1 2007 - 10:25 PM) 826449619[/snapback]Ok after i read all of this i am going to put down what i think is the match-ups saturday at houston co., this is without looking at anyone's record just guessing what i'm pretty sure it is:

1 NCS 11-3

8 East Lit? 3-11

5 CA? 7-7?

4 Heritage? 8-6

3 East Robertson 10-4

6 Houston Co.? 6-8

7 McEwen? 3-11

2 Jo Byrns 11-3

Somebody please correct me if these are wrong cause i wanna know who's playing who

Houston County and CA are both 5-9,

CA beat ER, Heritage, EL, HC, and McEwen

HC beat CA, EL, Heritage, and swept McEwen

so with the win over East Robertson CA wins the tiebreaker and is 5th ... so ERBaseball25 your parings are correct

QUOTE(VeerCoach @ May 1 2007 - 10:52 PM) 826449643[/snapback]Houston County and CA are both 5-9,

CA beat ER, Heritage, EL, HC, and McEwen

HC beat CA, EL, Heritage, and swept McEwen

so with the win over East Robertson CA wins the tiebreaker and is 5th ... so ERBaseball25 your parings are correct

Thank you guys for being able to keep up with these standings and making it easier for people like me to follow the pairings for the tournament. Please help me understand how it is dertermined that NCS plays E Lit and Jo Byrns plays McEwen. I understand McEwen and East Lit are tied for last but how is it decided which on these two teams plays NCS. Just wondering here. Any help is appreciated. Good luck to everyone in 10A headed into Saturday.

QUOTE(Voldad @ May 1 2007 - 11:07 PM) 826449653[/snapback]Thank you guys for being able to keep up with these standings and making it easier for people like me to follow the pairings for the tournament. Please help me understand how it is dertermined that NCS plays E Lit and Jo Byrns plays McEwen. I understand McEwen and East Lit are tied for last but how is it decided which on these two teams plays NCS. Just wondering here. Any help is appreciated. Good luck to everyone in 10A headed into Saturday.

Its no problem i know me and most of the guys on here keep up with stats like we were betting men but East Lit would finish last because they both tied with district wins and split with each other so with McEwen beating Heritage once that would put them above East Lit because they finished 0-8 against the top 4 teams and McEwen went 1-7 so i think that would put East Lit last...i don't know if that is exactly right but i think its something like that, somebody help me...lol

That is great stat from BigChief, that is very impressive...coach roach finished up our stats yesterday for the regular season and i don't remember how many innings will pitched but i know he faced 199 batters this year and had 92 k's, pretty good....we have some pretty good pitchers in this district and the first round should be very interesting with everybody's best probably going...good luck to everyone!

QUOTE(ERBaseball25 @ May 1 2007 - 10:28 PM) 826449624[/snapback]both runs were owned both scored by anthony coffee who had 2 hits by himself and the rest of the adding 3...coffee scored both runs which would make them earned and mcewen sole run was scored on a dropped strike three and three passed balls

Actually, McEwen's run in the first game came from a base hit up the middle from Cross, McEwen's centerfielder. He stole 2nd (on the pitcher) and then took 3rd and home via passed balls.

Coffee did have 2 hits but only scored once. Clinard and he scored on the ball hit by Chewning and misplayed by the McEwen right fielder. There were no other hits, nor errors in the first game. Clinard struck out 14. Gornowitz (or whatever his name is) from McEwen struck out 7.

QUOTE(ERBaseball25 @ May 1 2007 - 10:25 PM) 826449619[/snapback]Ok after i read all of this i am going to put down what i think is the match-ups saturday at houston co., this is without looking at anyone's record just guessing what i'm pretty sure it is:

1 NCS 11-3

8 East Lit? 3-11

5 CA? 7-7?

4 Heritage? 8-6

3 East Robertson 10-4

6 Houston Co.? 6-8

7 McEwen? 3-11

2 Jo Byrns 11-3

Heres how i think it will go:

first round winners:

NCS in a close low scoring game

Heritage in another close game

East Robertson in a blow out

Jo Byrns wins by around 5 runs

Second Round winners:

NCS gets revenge on Heritage and wins

Jo Byrns beats East in a close game

Winners bracket:

Jo Byrns slides past NCS in a game w/ no more than 7 runs scored total

Losers Bracket:

East beats Heritage in a low scoring game.

Losers bracket:

East beats NCS in a high scoring game.

Championship:

East Robertson beats Jo Byrns in another low scoring game.

Championship 2:

Jo Byrns beats East in a HIGH scoring game.

Jo Byrns wins title and them and East go to region tourney!!!!

Here's how i think it will go:

First Round:

NCS beats East Lit in a close game with Teasley pitching

WH-Heritage beats CA in a blowout

East beat Houston Co. pretty easily

Jo Byrns zooms through this game

Second Round:

NCS beats WH-Heritage in a low low scoring game

East beats Jo Byrns with Clinard on the mound Monday

Winners Bracket:

NCS beats East somewhere like 7-6, 6-4

Losers Bracket: