District 10A

bigtuck4242

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(jteasley7 @ May 5 2007 - 10:45 AM) 826452365[/snapback]Hopefully. But if the field is in bad shape for the early games will they move them back to later today or will they play them another day?

From what i hear, they are playing games in Houston County today. And if what i also heard is actually true we had our first upset of the day with Clarksville Academy beating WHH this morning. I don't know the particulars but I wonder if WHH made the decison to not pitch Hill and try to save him for Monday. Never know what will happen in 10A district play, probably not the first upset waiting to happen today or next week for that matter. Everyone needs to play each game like it could be the last game of the season. Good luck to the remaining teams.

QUOTE(irishfan1 @ May 5 2007 - 04:52 PM) 826452517[/snapback]Does anyone have scores from today's games? I can't find them anywhere.

Nashville Christian 2

East Literature 0

Not sure about the other scores but Clarksville Academy beat WHH in the first game. East Robertson beat Houston County in the sacond game and McEwen upsets Jo Byrns in game 3 . A day of upsets and the NCS and East Lit game could have been another upset real easy. Teasley pitched a great game and kept NCS hitters off balance all night. Would like to know the scores and details of the other games if anyone has them.

East beat Houston Co. 10-4 today with Coffee on the Hill, we hit the ball pretty solid, i think we came through with 12 hits and they had 6? maybe...we played sloppy defence today dropping 2 fly balls right in the outfield and a couple of other errors that shouldn't have happened...we should be ready to go against McEwen Monday, we saw tonight that anybody can beat anybody in this district and WHH didn't pitch Hill today, they went ahead with McClung...good luck the rest of the tournament and congrats to McEwen and CA

We had one bad inning yesterday where we gave up a couple unearned runs, and it was late in the game. I literally found myself throwing our season down the left field line over the head of our 3rd baseman. That will forever be a memory left in my mind, but it won't be the only one. Our team accomplished so much this season, and I'm very thankful for the group of guys and coaches I got to share my senior year with. Good luck to everyone else through the rest of the tournaments and represent our district well.

QUOTE(LSMFT @ May 6 2007 - 06:20 PM) 826452983[/snapback]What happened to Jo Byrns?

nine errors and 4 unearned runs will do it every time. i watched this game and the ncs game missed the first two b.c i thought it was rained out. I felt sorry for holman he had 3or 4 strike outs that didnt even get out. although he didnt have near the stuff as he did the last time i saw him against ncs, at ncs it looked like he was hitting 82 - 84 saturday he was struggling to get 80, he just looked tired. and yes teasley did pitch good shame he lost

QUOTE(goodeye11 @ May 7 2007 - 09:23 PM) 826453907[/snapback]nine errors and 4 unearned runs will do it every time. i watched this game and the ncs game missed the first two b.c i thought it was rained out. I felt sorry for holman he had 3or 4 strike outs that didnt even get out. although he didnt have near the stuff as he did the last time i saw him against ncs, at ncs it looked like he was hitting 82 - 84 saturday he was struggling to get 80, he just looked tired. and yes teasley did pitch good shame he lost

And the upsets just keep on coming. McEwen beats East Robertson tonight 6-5 and Clinard still has not thrown a pitch in the District tournament. Unbelievable....... From reports I got during the game it could have been worse because East had four unearned runs at one point. Hard to believe that Clinard might pitch his first game trying to stay alive in the losers bracket. You just never know what is going to happen in district 10A. It happened to Jo Byrns on Saturday and could have easily happened to NCS on Saturday also. Been a great tournament so far. NCS also beat Clarksville Academy today in the early game 7-0. Looks like another match up tomorrow with NCS and McEwen in the 5:00 game and East Robertson vs CA in the late game out of the losers bracket. Good luck to everyone ...lots of baseball left to play for everybody.