District 10A

bigtuck4242

QUOTE(ERBaseball25 @ May 9 2007 - 11:21 PM) 826456133[/snapback]East Robertson-13 17 0

McEwen-1 4 2

Coffee pitched a good game today giving up 4 hits, had 7 k's, and 0 BB's...McEwen started #19 that pitched against Jo Byrns and Ethan Cross came in for him in the 3rd inning. In the first we got out of the inning with only giving up one hit and McEwen stranded a guy on 2nd. In the bottom of the 1st we threatned but didn't score leaving runners on the corners. In the 2nd, lead off man got a hit and advanced to 2nd on a past ball, with one out they get a single into left field scoring 1. Bottom of the 2nd we had 9 runs on 8 hits. McEwen really never threatned again after the 2nd, East scored 5 more in the next 3 on some timely hits. Clinard almost had a grand slam but the left fielder brought it back in the park in the bottom of the 4th. Got NCS tomorrow for the district championship, good luck to everyone

It should also be mentioned that McEwen's catcher and captain broke his arm in a home plate collision in the 2nd inning. That demoralized McEwen. When Gray, their pitcher, pulled himself because of the same arm trouble that has plagued him most of the year, it was pretty much over for them. E.R. hammerd Cross, and easily advanced on passed balls and no throws by a freshman 3rd baseman catching his first game EVER. Cudos to E.R.'s coach for not running up the score and making it a total blood bath. Truly a sad and unfortuante way for McEwen to be eliminated after a solid tournament. E.R.'s players and parents acted with class and concern after them game reguarding the catcher and his injury. Good Luck to them tonight.

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Coffee pitched yesterday. Clinard pitched against CA the day before. Both of those are out of the question. Pitt pitched Monday! I guess that leaves Hooper to start unless they use an Sophmore or Freshman. But you never know! It could be interesting. I'd say that NCS will throw McDowell 1st game to try and end it since they have had plenty of rest.

Hooper, you know I'm just pickin at ya for a little fun. I haven't done it all year. Yall are a good ball team and have played very well this year. I'll admit, I wish I was still playing. It wasn't easy walking off the field for the last time, and a couple of your guys saw that when they looked up at me from the cage. Good luck to yall tonight and in region.

QUOTE(WHHcatcher @ May 10 2007 - 12:24 PM) 826456504[/snapback]Hooper, you know I'm just pickin at ya for a little fun. I haven't done it all year. Yall are a good ball team and have played very well this year. I'll admit, I wish I was still playing. It wasn't easy walking off the field for the last time, and a couple of your guys saw that when they looked up at me from the cage. Good luck to yall tonight and in region.

If you look at the message board you will see that someone has prepared a scouting report for the two teams from 9A going to regionals. Could anyone give their scouting report on the two teams from 10A. Good luck to all teams involved in the regional tourney. Also one question, do the two teams that win on monday in the regional semifinals automatically make it to sub state even if they lose in the regional finals??

QUOTE(Treyvols99 @ May 10 2007 - 01:06 PM) 826456536[/snapback]If you look at the message board you will see that someone has prepared a scouting report for the two teams from 9A going to regionals. Could anyone give their scouting report on the two teams from 10A. Good luck to all teams involved in the regional tourney. Also one question, do the two teams that win on monday in the regional semifinals automatically make it to sub state even if they lose in the regional finals??

If playoffs works the same as basketball yes, if you win in the regional semis you go to sectionals even if you lose regionals, only difference is that if you win regionals you host the sub state game if you lose regionals you travel to a team that won their region.

Does East have beat NCS twice to win the title

East Robertson must beat NCS twice today to win the district 10 A title.

East should pitch several guys today and go with Clinard in the elimination game on Monday. They are not going to beat NCS twice.

That being said, I wish both teams good luck next Monday. As Jo Byrns, Heritage and nearly NCS found out in the first round, you throw the regular season out the window come tournament time. You have to show up everyday.

QUOTE(Treyvols99 @ May 10 2007 - 01:06 PM) 826456536[/snapback]If you look at the message board you will see that someone has prepared a scouting report for the two teams from 9A going to regionals. Could anyone give their scouting report on the two teams from 10A. Good luck to all teams involved in the regional tourney. Also one question, do the two teams that win on monday in the regional semifinals automatically make it to sub state even if they lose in the regional finals??

To answer your question about the regionals. If you win the first round game in the region you go to sub state, correct.

QUOTE(ut18vols @ May 10 2007 - 01:54 PM) 826456581[/snapback]If playoffs works the same as basketball yes, if you win in the regional semis you go to sectionals even if you lose regionals, only difference is that if you win regionals you host the sub state game if you lose regionals you travel to a team that won their region.

Does East have beat NCS twice to win the title

Yes East Robertson must beat NCS twice to win title.

QUOTE(Voldad @ May 10 2007 - 02:26 PM) 826456599[/snapback]To answer your question about the regionals. If you win the first round game in the region you go to sub state, correct.

Can anyone give a scouting report on these two teams? Thank you also for the info on the regional tourney.

QUOTE(Voldad @ May 10 2007 - 02:26 PM) 826456599[/snapback]To answer your question about the regionals. If you win the first round game in the region you go to sub state, correct.

Great game between two very good teams. East Robertson jumped out to an early 6-1 lead but NCS came back and tied the game in the 6th and in the bottom of the 7th went ahead on a wild throw to first scoring a run from second base to win the District 10A championship 9-8 over East Robertson. Now NCS plays Middle TN Christian Academy at NCS on Monday in the 1st round of the regional, while East Robertson travels to Cascade to play. These two 10A team could easily wind up playing eachother again in the regional final. I sure hope we can get lucky enough to play again and both go to sub-state representing District 10A. East Robertson were good sports after the game and showed lots of class congratulations for a great season guys...to both teams.

It was a great game Chantz Forewright started the game for us and stepped up big in that situation, i came in the bottom of the 4th and finished, NCS did a great job in no quiting tonight, that will come in handy in the long run and congrats to the new coach for winning a district title...we're hitting the ball pretty good right now with 29 hits in the last 2 games, hope we can carry that into the region with Clinard on the mound, we'll be pretty tough to beat if we play no error defence...congrats to NCS and yall are classier than i thought and hope to see yall wednesday again!

• 3 weeks later...

QUOTE(ERBaseball25 @ May 9 2007 - 11:21 PM) 826456133[/snapback]East Robertson-13 17 0

McEwen-1 4 2

Coffee pitched a good game today giving up 4 hits, had 7 k's, and 0 BB's...McEwen started #19 that pitched against Jo Byrns and Ethan Cross came in for him in the 3rd inning. In the first we got out of the inning with only giving up one hit and McEwen stranded a guy on 2nd. In the bottom of the 1st we threatned but didn't score leaving runners on the corners. In the 2nd, lead off man got a hit and advanced to 2nd on a past ball, with one out they get a single into left field scoring 1. Bottom of the 2nd we had 9 runs on 8 hits. McEwen really never threatned again after the 2nd, East scored 5 more in the next 3 on some timely hits. Clinard almost had a grand slam but the left fielder brought it back in the park in the bottom of the 4th. Got NCS tomorrow for the district championship, good luck to everyone

I am looking for a video of the collision at home plate in the 2nd. Anybody have a copy?